• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan is liar and the father of it

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
You compared yourself to them, though.

I said "They killed Isaiah for saying things like that, and Jesus, too."

My meaning is that they killed Isaiah for saying things like that which he said in chapter 6, and they killed Jesus for applying that quote to the same people... amongst other similar things. Hope that helps.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I said "They killed Isaiah for saying things like that, and Jesus, too."

My meaning is that they killed Isaiah for saying things like that which he said in chapter 6, and they killed Jesus for applying that quote to the same people... amongst other similar things. Hope that helps.
You need to be clearer in your meaning.

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
You need to be clearer in your meaning.

Do any people think like you thought I think? :eek: I mean...
Do people seriously compare themselves to God's prophets and even to Jesus? :confused:
The thought never crossed my mind, that you would think I meant that I was in danger of being treated like a prophet or (gasp) even like Jesus. Not even in my worst nightmares, do I see that happening. I am so sorry for the confusion. :oops:

74x12

Name one biblical character I can talk to today.
Any of them. That doesn't mean they'll answer.
God routinely acts like our cries about suffering are kinda stupid. Took Him 400 years to listen to "His people" that one time. This is a God who wants daily BBQ. I'm sure the BBQ doesn't like it. He doesn't then get to whine about a few puncture wounds and some lacerations. People suffer and die all the time. We don't make them gods for it.
God doesn't act like our cries of suffering are stupid.
Only according to themselves, which is the problem. I want outside evidence.
Jesus said to Peter "feed my sheep". So He was making Peter a shepherd for the sheep.
Not really. I don't see much character progression at all, though that's partly because the bible doesn't know how to do it properly.
No character progression? Peter went from denying Jesus 3 times (before the day of Pentecost outpouring) to rejoicing that he was counted worthy to suffer for the gospel. (Acts 5:41)