• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan has religions?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Friend , you can be in the position I am, nobody is forbidding you.
If you think I've got it cushy join me :yes:
Yes, I could be in the same position as you.
But I happen to prefer reality.

Blackdog22

it would certainly explain why there are so many different religions

Satans goal is ultimately to prevent people from worshiping the Almighty...the religions of the world act as smoke screens enabling that to happen. People are worshiping all sorts of gods, but not the one and only true God, the creator of heaven and earth.

I think more accurately is to say that Satan goal is too be worshiped like the almighty in which case makes the whole scenerio of Satan being all religions except christianity quite bizarre.

Have you ever stopped to ponder why Satanism is one of the least followed religions? Why would such a being wish for his own belief system to dwindle while the likes of Zeus, Allah, Buddha, and Jesus are gaining all the glory?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I think more accurately is to say that Satan goal is too be worshiped like the almighty in which case makes the whole scenerio of Satan being all religions except christianity quite bizarre.

30,000 odd christian denominations are no different to multiple different gods & religions

if you think about it, christianity started with just one group and one belief that gradually multiplied and diverged in its teachings. If Satan was trying to make it hard for people to know exactly how to accurately worship God as directed by Jesus, then introducing multiple methods is the right way to go about it.

Have you ever stopped to ponder why Satanism is one of the least followed religions? Why would such a being wish for his own belief system to dwindle while the likes of Zeus, Allah, Buddha, and Jesus are gaining all the glory?

people dont need to believe in Satan for him to achieve his goal. If anything, its better for Satan that people dont believe in him because then he can create as many relgions and as many false gods as he likes and no one will realise that they are effectively giving their worship and adoration to him.

Last edited:
I don't think that the concept of Satan and his demons "creating religions in which they play gods" is entirely without merit (though I'm not sure that demons can actually create anything, but they were lumped in together with Satan in the OP.)

Isaiah lists the 5 "I wills" of Satan, one of them being his becoming like the most high. Perhaps Satan thinks that if he has followers then he'll be like God because God has followers, so perhaps Satan creating religions is a step toward that end. Perhaps Satan knows that people not worshipping God annoys God, so Satan does his best to encourage people towards worshipping other gods or towards atheism.

Last edited:

Beta

The simplest method satan employs is to let people believe in their own imagination hence the many different beliefs.
Scripture says : satan is the god of this world and the whole world is deceived . ALL religions are in error ! :yes:
Only those God takes out (at this present time) are saved now , the rest later.

Jacksnyte

Reverend
The simplest method satan employs is to let people believe in their own imagination hence the many different beliefs.
Scripture says : satan is the god of this world and the whole world is deceived . ALL religions are in error ! :yes:
Only those God takes out (at this present time) are saved now , the rest later.

The simplest method employed on this thread is vivid imagination and deliberate misinformation about any religion other than Christianity. I honestly have to wonder why christians constantly have to raise themselves up by trying to tear down other religions(many of which are far, far older than christianity). Basically what I am seeing here is that you guys think that Hindus, Buddhists, Taoists, Shintoists, Confucianists, and many others were created just to lead Christians away from their "one true faith"? So these religions were started hundreds of years before Christianity for the sole purpose of leading christians astray? Do you know how stupid that sounds?

Starsoul

Truth
it would certainly explain why there are so many different religions

Satans goal is ultimately to prevent people from worshiping the Almighty...the religions of the world act as smoke screens enabling that to happen. People are worshiping all sorts of gods, but not the one and only true God, the creator of heaven and earth.

I agree here . Satan is said to be the most clever being among God's creation , his biggest ability being his deceptive tricks to deny and completely conceal his own involvement in the evil scheme of chaos on Earth. But Man's weapon against his cunningness is the divine guidance. (according to what we believe).Satan promises the pleasures of this world to its adherents, the excess of which almost always cause distress and suffering to others in so many ways.

Though satan has been given great knowledge to device deceptive gimmicks to delude humanity but the anti-dote to his treachery have also been fully revealed. his strongest move/trick is to attack us by the way of our desires, that he has been given some access to, in order to tempt and manipulate us away from the right path. But once a person is aware of his spiritual side, he is suddenly aware of the work of deception and arms himself against the tricks of satan.

The way i understand it, there are only two paths in this world. One goes to Rahman ( the One true God) and the other to Satan, with all the deception conjoined smartly into a variety of attractive looking beliefs.

The down side is, satan knows he'll burn in hell, he just wants more and more humans to burn in hell with him, and for that, he never rests to let any chance go by to deceive a person. he only becomes the most dangerous though when you start trusting him more than your own intuition and conscience, and he thus struggles repeatedly to become your only best friend who commands you to listen to, only yourself, when it is really 'satan' that you're listening to.

Inspite of the fact that there are 2 angels with every person and one satan, we choose our responses based on our worldly gains ( the whispers of satan, do this and gain this) even if they seem to go against our conscience sometimes. At the end of it all, man will point to satan saying to God " its not my fault! he's the one who deceived me! and satan; the once best friend, will say," i only showed you the way, you convinced yourself to go that way!"

After repeated surrender of man to his vain desires offered by the satan, there comes a time when one becomes completely comfortable with any one of the suggested beliefs the satan offers , all of which go against the existence of the one true God, and cleverly re-assures us the pleasures and promises of any of our vain desires which blind us spiritually ,blocking our own perception to the reality. And immensely rejoices in the fall of humanity from the stance of faith in one God. May Allah protect us all.

This is what I believe in.

Blackdog22

30,000 odd christian denominations are no different to multiple different gods & religions

if you think about it, christianity started with just one group and one belief that gradually multiplied and diverged in its teachings. If Satan was trying to make it hard for people to know exactly how to accurately worship God as directed by Jesus, then introducing multiple methods is the right way to go about it.

So are you saying that Satanism branched into Buddhism, Hinduism, Celtic, Mythological, etc? I just dont see the signs of these religions having come from Satanism whereas Christian branches all have one thing in common. Christ.

people dont need to believe in Satan for him to achieve his goal. If anything, its better for Satan that people dont believe in him because then he can create as many relgions and as many false gods as he likes and no one will realise that they are effectively giving their worship and adoration to him.
If satans ultimate goal is to be worshiped, as stated in the bible, then I would think it odd that people didn't even know he existed. What kind of king gains glory from not existing? As the bible put it, an empire against itself cannot stand, and if Satan is taking glory away from God and himself by forming other religions, then he has no foundation and his religion would fail. It is failing btw, Satanism is so small that it can be considered a cult. Not very impressive from this guys pov.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
So are you saying that Satanism branched into Buddhism, Hinduism, Celtic, Mythological, etc? I just dont see the signs of these religions having come from Satanism whereas Christian branches all have one thing in common. Christ.
The Satan works in ways that are far to Mysterious and complicated for we mere mortal humans to even begin to comprehend.

If satans ultimate goal is to be worshiped, as stated in the bible, then I would think it odd that people didn't even know he existed.
I am not familiar with any such verse.
Would you be so kind as to supply its address?

What kind of king gains glory from not existing?
Seems to me you are assuming it is our glory that The Satan wants...

As the bible put it, an empire against itself cannot stand, and if Satan is taking glory away from God and himself by forming other religions, then he has no foundation and his religion would fail.
Unless, of course, the final glory for The Satan is the down fall of the creator...

It is failing btw, Satanism is so small that it can be considered a cult. Not very impressive from this guys pov.
ROFLMAO

Interestingly enough, Satanism has nothing to do with The Satan.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

no im not saying that. Satanism is the direct worship of satan as a diety in his own right. False religion is the twisting of truth so as to keep people from worshiping the creator in the way that he directs.

It is an indirect method that satan uses to keep people away from God. Just as Idols keep people away from God, so does false religious teachings.

If satans ultimate goal is to be worshiped, as stated in the bible, then I would think it odd that people didn't even know he existed. What kind of king gains glory from not existing? As the bible put it, an empire against itself cannot stand, and if Satan is taking glory away from God and himself by forming other religions, then he has no foundation and his religion would fail. It is failing btw, Satanism is so small that it can be considered a cult. Not very impressive from this guys pov.

Satan draws people to himself through false religion, thats what he does. He creates lies to get people to do what he wants. Its what he did to Eve in the garden of Eden. He contradicted Gods law, he contradicted what God said the consequences would be. When Eve listened to him she unwittingly put herself at odds with God...even though she was deceived by Satan.

So he achieved his aim and she didnt even know who he was. We have to understand that Satans goal is not merely to have everyone know who he is and receive their worship...i think most people would reject him if they knew him. Satan is not jealous of us, he is jealous of God himself and because of that he has determined to destroy everyone and everything that God loves. He wants to destroy the earth (which he is successfully doing) and he wants to destroy mankind.

but God will ultimately end his reign of terror and will right all the wrongs that Satan has caused. God will repair the earth and bring it under control, he will redeem all who have been killed, he will rid people and animals of all diseases, he will remove death completely, he will establish his rulership and governance over mankind and the earth and then we will have true peace and security. And all the bad that has ever happened in all of human history will be undone and it will be as if Satan never even existed at all. So he can fight God, but he will not win :)

Beta

The simplest method employed on this thread is vivid imagination and deliberate misinformation about any religion other than Christianity. I honestly have to wonder why christians constantly have to raise themselves up by trying to tear down other religions(many of which are far, far older than christianity). Basically what I am seeing here is that you guys think that Hindus, Buddhists, Taoists, Shintoists, Confucianists, and many others were created just to lead Christians away from their "one true faith"? So these religions were started hundreds of years before Christianity for the sole purpose of leading christians astray? Do you know how stupid that sounds?
You misunderstand friend ...I did not say christianity lifts you out of error but GOD.
A mighty difference there ! For traditional christianity is as much in error as any other religion :help:.
How many times have I quoted Luk.6v46 ?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
no im not saying that. Satanism is the direct worship of satan as a diety in his own right.
That isn't the case, though.

Satanism has very little to do with Satan for most Satanists, all except theistic Satanists view Satan as a metaphor for opposing ignorance (by eating fruit of the tree of knowledge and good and evil, allowing them to know) and to choose (as opposed to being forced to obey). It's not a case of "we worship the evil one", but "we believe in freedom and knowledge, not the herd mentality".

Jacksnyte

Reverend
That isn't the case, though.

Satanism has very little to do with Satan for most Satanists, all except theistic Satanists view Satan as a metaphor for opposing ignorance (by eating fruit of the tree of knowledge and good and evil, allowing them to know) and to choose (as opposed to being forced to obey). It's not a case of "we worship the evil one", but "we believe in freedom and knowledge, not the herd mentality".

:tigger::band::punk::danana::clap2::clap:clap:clap

Starsoul

Truth
no im not saying that. Satanism is the direct worship of satan as a diety in his own right. False religion is the twisting of truth so as to keep people from worshiping the creator in the way that he directs.

It is an indirect method that satan uses to keep people away from God. Just as Idols keep people away from God, so does false religious teachings.

Satan draws people to himself through false religion, thats what he does. He creates lies to get people to do what he wants. Its what he did to Eve in the garden of Eden. He contradicted Gods law, he contradicted what God said the consequences would be. When Eve listened to him she unwittingly put herself at odds with God...even though she was deceived by Satan.

So he achieved his aim and she didnt even know who he was. We have to understand that Satans goal is not merely to have everyone know who he is and receive their worship...i think most people would reject him if they knew him. Satan is not jealous of us, he is jealous of God himself and because of that he has determined to destroy everyone and everything that God loves. He wants to destroy the earth (which he is successfully doing) and he wants to destroy mankind.

but God will ultimately end his reign of terror and will right all the wrongs that Satan has caused. God will repair the earth and bring it under control, he will redeem all who have been killed, he will rid people and animals of all diseases, he will remove death completely, he will establish his rulership and governance over mankind and the earth and then we will have true peace and security. And all the bad that has ever happened in all of human history will be undone and it will be as if Satan never even existed at all. So he can fight God, but he will not win :)

:clap

very well said pegg

Blackdog22

The Satan works in ways that are far to Mysterious and complicated for we mere mortal humans to even begin to comprehend.

I guess we can thank God for that one.

I am not familiar with any such verse.
Would you be so kind as to supply its address?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]How [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica], son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, you who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart:[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"I will ascend into heaven,[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the farthest sides of the north;[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]I will be like the Most High." (Isa 14.12-14)[/FONT]
Of course I think the Bible is mostly nonsense, but their it is. Your verse.

Seems to me you are assuming it is our glory that The Satan wants...

Not much of an assumption if Satan wishes to be like God, and what does God want? God wants all the glory for he is a jealous God as the Bible says.

Unless, of course, the final glory for The Satan is the down fall of the creator...

Would it be wrong to quote you in saying, "Seems to me you are assuming," that the downfall of the creator is what Satan wants?

ROFLMAO

Interestingly enough, Satanism has nothing to do with The Satan.

Satanism is a group of religions that is composed of a diverse number of ideological and philosophical beliefs and social phenomena. Their shared feature include symbolic association with, admiration for the character of, and even veneration for Satan or similar rebellious, promethean, and liberating figures.

While not all Satanists worship Satan I would consider the people who consider themselves Satanists, with no reguard to Satan, rather confused. Thats like a Christian who has no interest in Christ. Why even claim the title?

Either way a Satanist is a person who follows Satan, A Satanist is also a person who doesn't follow Satan. It just depends on who you talk to, so my previous statement is correct.