• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan did it!!!Honest!

tomspug

Absorbant
Exodus 22:18, 19 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death.

Leviticus 20:4 And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill him not: Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people.

Leviticus 20:10-13 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them. If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Leviticus 26:7,8 And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword. And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.

On another forum in a similar thread about Satan, I mentioned that in the Bible that God had a bigger body count than Satan. Not only of the people He had kiiled but those He asked to kill in His name. The person I was debating said that God (who believes that God purposes our lives) had the right to kill these men, women and innocent children because He was God (the Creator) and that God could kill and ask anyone to kill in His name. My line of reasoning was that; if everyone who had murdered, stated that God had told them to kill would that support their faith and belief that these murders were not wrong or that they could not be encouraged by Satan? Would this line of "killing in God's name" satisfy the courts? Or the survivors? This person has not gotten back to me about this question.

Interesting that you are quoting Levitical law. Care to quote any scripture that is actually FOLLOWED today by Jews or Christians?

rojse

RF Addict
WRONG. DEAD WRONG. Try reading the passage again sometime. Everyone thinks they know the story but nobody has actually read it.

Please correct us all if you think it is wrong. A couple of passages might also be of use in this regard.

rojse

RF Addict
Interesting that you are quoting Levitical law. Care to quote any scripture that is actually FOLLOWED today by Jews or Christians?

Are these true Christians that you are talking about, or those that merely try to claim the faith?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Penguino,
SATAN - did it.
well its an interesting question as to my understanding SATAN is the MIND.
MIND when at rest / silenced is one with existence and man is in the garden of eden.
As soon as the mind starts thinking man is far from eden and is transported to hell and so to me Satan is none other than the very MIND which thinks.
So, who thinks. who uses free will to cease thinking?
Yes, it is the individual that does it.
Satan / mind - is not to be blamed.
Love & rgds

wednesday

Jesus
People blame satan because they have no one else to blame other than themselves, but since they're one of God's people, they definately arent responsible are they?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend wednesday,
Satan my friend is part of god only and not his opposite.
If satan was not then god too will not be.
They go togethet like all dualities.
Love & rgds

Somkid

I know this is probably going to be off topic and I'm really sorry but I have to ask.

What the heck is the point having anything in the Bible if every time someone quotes it someone says "ho, well we don't' follow that", "that is not literal but the other is" or "we don't observe that"?

Geez, no wonder so many people think Christians are hypocrites, It's just silly.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
People blame satan because they have no one else to blame other than themselves, but since they're one of God's people, they definately arent responsible are they?

I've met people like that Wednesday. They're saved, so anything bad they do can't be from them, right? At least that's how they seem to think about it.

I dont know if christians believe in a real satan, but it is possilbe other people (hence the satan) can influence you. Othe rpeople can influence me, they aint no satan.