• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salutations!

Paleo

Primitivism and chill
Welcome to RF, Paleo. Paliolithic period is sure interesting. I always wonder whether the first hymns of RigVeda were sung in the paleolithic period. However, an unnamed God from Indus valley civilization and Bhimbetka cave paintings.

Pasupati_15440.jpg
images

At least some of the shelters were inhabited by Homo erectus more than 100,000 years ago. Some of the Stone Age rock paintings found among the Bhimbetka rock shelters are approximately 30,000 years old. The caves also deliver early evidence of dance. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhimbetka_rock_shelters

Thanks for sharing those I hadn't seen them before! :)

sufi62

Sufi with Sunni beliefs and practices
Welcome to the Forum.
I also have a big interest in the Paleolithic, especially the cave-painters and Neanderthals of Europe.

Corthos

Great Old One
Thanks for sharing those I hadn't seen them before! :)

Hmmm... How about these? Oldest temples and megalithic structures in the world (almost 12,000 years old) Gobekli Tepe... Neat stuff. =)

gobekli-tepe-pillars-615.jpg

GobekliTepeWildAnimal.jpg

GB_03.jpg

gobekli-tepe-orion-star-map-taurus-pleiades.jpg

There's many more temples than what's shown here (sonar has shown that there's quite a few). They are still buried, however; it's still a relatively new discovery, and new stuff is being dug up all the time. =)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Beautiful (Gobekli Tepe).
In India, we make do with rock outcrops. 'Swayambhuh' (Self-manifested). Some worships continue for millenniums, some may have been forgotten.

Chhinnamasta (Goddess without the head), Chintapurni; Trikut Ganesha, Nanded; Omkareshwar, Shivapuri.
(These and others are very old, highly revered temples)

Chintpurni%2Bshakti%2BPeeth.jpg
Trikut%2BGanesh%2BTemple.jpg
OMKARESHWAR.jpg

Last edited:

Corthos

Great Old One
Beautiful (Gobekli Tepe).
In India, we make do with rock outcrops. 'Swayambhuh' (Self-manifested). Some worships continue for millenniums, some may have been forgotten.

Chhinnamasta (Goddess without the head), Chintapurn; Trikut Ganesha, Nanded; Omkareshwar, Shivapuri.
(These and others are very old, highly revered temples)

Chintpurni%2Bshakti%2BPeeth.jpg
Trikut%2BGanesh%2BTemple.jpg
OMKARESHWAR.jpg

I feel Indian culture and art is some of the most beautiful in the world, personally. =)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
images
f191ehgBT46J0a5K8icL+3113c4dc7798b83d748f80a69a6f8190_m.jpg

Anarkali, a great Indian love story when Emperor Akbar's son and future Emperor Jehangir loves a courtesan. Akbar does not like that and gets Anarkali (Pomogranate Blossom) buries alive between two walls. Jehangir rebels for the moment. Anarkali famous market in Lahore, where this is supposed to have happened.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I grow pomegranates in my backyard! I am a huge fan of fruits trees, but also I grow pomegranate and am happy to actially hear someone say poms as fav. I also know how to ferment wine, though I don't drink it, but have been told my wine is the best and I once made pomegranate wine. Anyway, happy to hear you like pomegranates and welcome to the forum!

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Hello everyone, hope y'all are well.
You all can call me 'Paleo' which the reason for that name I will explain at some point I'm sure. I was born into a Christian family but of course things change and long story short my sister is sort of Eclectic, my Mother follows a left-hand path (mostly), my Grandma is Baptist and I consider myself to be, for the most part, Wiccan (Eclectic Wicca if you want to be specific). I really love studying many paths, religions, spiritualities, etc. so that's one reason I joined.
Glad to be here.
Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay. :)