• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Safety glasses on.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
I did already. But here ya go again, since you can't be bothered to put in any effort at all.

Bill Nye - Wikipedia

1986–1991: Comedy beginnings and Almost Live!
Nye quit his job at Boeing on October 3, 1986 to focus on his burgeoning comedy career.
OK. I did not see the link. Thank you for making a production out of that to imply I am a lazy moron. It was ever so kind of you to do this often and with anyone questioning you or challenging you or your preconceived notions of the world. It is what caused my irony meter to take out half a city a block when it blew up. Well, that and your requesting that someone else be nice when speaking to you. Oh the irony.

Does this answer my other question about how being a comic would invalidate his view? No. It does not. He is also a science educator.

Does this answer my questions about your claimed qualifications and your claimed superiority through them. No. It does not.

If you had spent more time on substance and less on trying to falsely imply the stupidity and inferiority of others, maybe you could find the answers to the questions asked.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Like the anthropocene extinction, eh?
I was thinking of the behavior observed. Novel behavior seems to emerge with increasing population and local overcrowding. Not all of them adverse and not all of them benign.

The current interest in tiny houses and small living spaces is a reaction to crowding. It may be a positive reaction, but still a reaction indicating that crowding is occurring even at the current level of population.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
OK. I did not see the link. Thank you for making a production out of that to imply I am a lazy moron. It was ever so kind of you to do this often and with anyone questioning you or challenging you or your preconceived notions of the world. It is what caused my irony meter to take out half a city a block when it blew up. Well, that and your requesting that someone else be nice when speaking to you. Oh the irony.

Does this answer my other question about how being a comic would invalidate his view? No. It does not. He is also a science educator.

Does this answer my questions about your claimed qualifications and your claimed superiority through them. No. It does not.

If you had spent more time on substance and less on trying to falsely imply the stupidity and inferiority of others, maybe you could find the answers to the questions asked.
It is so odd that some think that a person with a sense of humor cannot be a science educator. And besides being Bill Nye the science guy, let's not forget that he is a superhero too. And those often are looked upon as authorities:

When @Enoch07 can give some evidence that he is a superhero then he might be able to challenge Bill Nye.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
It is so odd that some think that a person with a sense of humor cannot be a science educator. And besides being Bill Nye the science guy, let's not forget that he is a superhero too. And those often are looked upon as authorities:

When @Enoch07 can give some evidence that he is a superhero then he might be able to challenge Bill Nye.
In my observations, comics are usually very intelligent and often decent observers of the world around them. They are providing a humorous take on those observations, in some cases providing insight in a way that is accessible and maintains retention.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

I watched that video a couple of times, laughing each time, as well as getting the point. That is what it was about. To make a point in a humorous way that you can go back to. It was very well done in my opinion.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

I think he does have some superpowers, just not very useful ones.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
In my observations, comics are usually very intelligent and often decent observers of the world around them. They are providing a humorous take on those observations, in some cases providing insight in a way that is accessible and maintains retention.

One of the best professors I had did a variation on this experiment:

Fulminate vs Cyanate Stability

It showed the difference that order could make in a chemical compound. The experiment demonstrates the difference between fulminate ( CNO-) and cyanate (NCO-). Looking back it was all a set up. Cyanate is stable and fulminate is quite the opposite. In the experiment the fulminate explodes and the cyanate does not. When our prof set up the experiment the cyanate went off in his face and the fulminate sat there. It was obvious to the class that he screwed up. He told us he would revisit this in the next class. Okay, next class. He puts the cyanate on the burner. Nothing. All is well. He puts the fulminate over the burner. Alas, again nothing. He mutters a mild curse and goes back to writing on the blackboard. A good laugh is had by the classroom. Very shortly after he begins to write there is a HUGE EXPLOSION, the wire mesh holding the fulminate which had been left over the burner that was still on was destroyed and the whole class jumped. That is except for the professor who mildly turned with the biggest **** eating grin on his face. Obviously he knew what was going to happen. And we never forgot the difference between those two compounds.