• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sad news. Tom Clancy died.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
The political grinding of the early Splintercell game stories will always be remembered
emot-salute.gif

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
One thing that always made me smile when reading a Clancy book was how well developed his weapons were as characters when compared to how less developed his people were as characters. He could describe a high tech weapon in such glowing terms, and then work it into the plot in such a way, that it would become the de facto protagonist of a chapter -- or even a whole story. I loved reading his books in part because of how amusing that was.

Dingbat

One thing that always made me smile when reading a Clancy book was how well developed his weapons were as characters when compared to how less developed his people were as characters. He could describe a high tech weapon in such glowing terms, and then work it into the plot in such a way, that it would become the de facto protagonist of a chapter -- or even a whole story. I loved reading his books in part because of how amusing that was.

Red October as a submarine had more character than anyone else in the story by a mile or two.