• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Russia....What It's Like

Zwing

When the Mongol Empire finally started to splinter and fade away, the Moscow Boyars were still there, still powerful, and ready to form an independent state.
Say, I know that boyar is a type of feudal rank, but I wonder what it is the equivalent of in western feudalism: a duke, an earl/baron, or a marquess perhaps?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Say, I know that boyar is a type of feudal rank, but I wonder what it is the equivalent of in western feudalism: a duke, an earl/baron, or a marquess perhaps?

Possibly closer to prince.

Orbit

I'm a planet
This is an aside, but when I was a kid in the 70s, Life Magazine put out this cultural exchange version of the magazine called Soviet Life that my mom, the Nixon voter, subscribed to. Never could figure that one out.

Zwing

This is an aside, but when I was a kid in the 70s, Life Magazine put out this cultural exchange version of the magazine called Soviet Life that my mom, the Nixon voter, subscribed to. Never could figure that one out.
If you still had a few, they might be “collectible “.

Zwing

More insight into Russian culture....
Not sure what to make of that. Truth? Propaganda? The same types of accusations were made against the USCIS by “migrant” children on the southern border. It is difficult for me to assess such assertions, but then I am a skeptic by nature.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Homophobic family from Canuckistan moved
to Russia to get away from all the gay & trans
agenda stuff. Reality there is making their
old home look pretty good!

Sargonski

Homophobic family from Canuckistan moved
to Russia to get away from all the gay & trans
agenda stuff. Reality there is making their
old home look pretty good!

Lest we not commit Ad Hom fallacy and guffaw the source .. we will focus on the headline "bank accounts frozen".

Well - being in a country that is at war - with your native country and citizenship .. probably not a good idea to do anything "spy-like" ?!

Now the whole "Homophobic"thing is salacious irrelevant nonsense .. to what the situation is in Russia - in general .. and being on a war footing .. missiles-drones hitting civilian population zones -- is not exactly a quality of life enhancer for those in range of Ukraine. .. for those outside the war radius life is good .. and very busy .. war economy footing .. the russian economy itself doing well .. sanctions yet to have much of an impact .. better than living in Gaza .. and Israel for that matter .. Iran - Iraq Syria -Qatar .. and San Francisco in the great state of Californication :)

Audie

Veteran Member
And another important question:
are you sure the Nazis who tried to conquer Russia weren't working for the Americans?
That is, they were trying to conquer Russia on America's behalf?
That is even more ridiculous than iran denying holocaust.