• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Russia and Ukraine possibly headed towards war.

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
This sucks. I am very antiwar. I personally think wae is rarely ever justified. I am wondering what you think. What can be done to promote peace? Will this be a world war? Why do people go to war? Will this result in massive loss of life? WHEN will the wars stop?

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
This sucks. I am very antiwar. I personally think wae is rarely ever justified. I am wondering what you think. What can be done to promote peace? Will this be a world war? Why do people go to war? Will this result in massive loss of life? WHEN will the wars stop?
I think most countries could do with a lot less reliance on fossil fuels.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
If Trump made at least some token show of being prepared to support NATO commitments, the Russians might be a little less adventurous.

Jumi

Very sad, but not surprising if war breaks out. It's been a theme for a decade that the west emboldens one of Russia's neighbors, then they make a move and Russia sweeps in and the result is just more sanctions.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
If Trump made at least some token show of being prepared to support NATO commitments, the Russians might be a little less adventurous.

Really? Didn't seem to stop the Russians from invading the Crimea during the previous administration. And how many ships, aircraft, or troops have we drawn down from NATO since Trump was elected? And why doesn't the European Union step up and protect themselves instead of depending on US blood and treasure? I don't see any change in our NATO resolve or commitment.

Jumi

Really? Didn't seem to stop the Russians from invading the Crimea during the previous administration. And how many ships, aircraft, or troops have we drawn down from NATO since Trump was elected? And why doesn't the European Union step up and protect themselves instead of depending on US blood and treasure? I don't see any change in our NATO resolve or commitment.
Ukraine is not in the EU...

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Yes, looking the other way will do that.

However, if you have a better idea than reaffirming NATO commitments, I'm all ears?

??? Not sure I understand your point. We are reaffirming our NATO commitments daily. We still have over a million troops in NATO countries, Air Force bases all over the place in Europe, and the 6th Fleet is still on station in the Mediterranean (re: the incidents in the Black Sea not even a month ago). We haven't changed one thing in decades. Even at that, neither Russia nor Ukraine are NATO members; what would you have us do? Attack Russia? Defend Ukraine? How many American lives are you willing to sacrifice?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Very sad, but not surprising if war breaks out. It's been a theme for a decade that the west emboldens one of Russia's neighbors, then they make a move and Russia sweeps in and the result is just more sanctions.

War? In case of war, my country will never side against Russia.

Just think that we have evidence that Soros is behind Ukraine's moves. We can never have peace until this rotten EU, controlled by Soros and his kind, is undone.
Mike Pompeo is so right. They have to be stopped.

Kangaroo Feathers

??? Not sure I understand your point. We are reaffirming our NATO commitments daily. We still have over a million troops in NATO countries, Air Force bases all over the place in Europe, and the 6th Fleet is still on station in the Mediterranean (re: the incidents in the Black Sea not even a month ago). We haven't changed one thing in decades. Even at that, neither Russia nor Ukraine are NATO members; what would you have us do? Attack Russia? Defend Ukraine? How many American lives are you willing to sacrifice?
Not have the CinC say stuff like this, maybe? Trump questions commitment to defend NATO allies - CNN Video

Kangaroo Feathers

Talk is cheap. We still haven't changed our position in NATO since the Cold War days. Instead of addressing the elephant in the room (Russian aggression) some folks want to use this as an opportunity to bash Trump.
Uhuh. Also be nice if Trump didn't spend so much time and effort apologising for and sucking up to Putin.
You have no basis for your contentions that we would not honor our NATO agreements.
Well, besides watching the annexation of Crimea, sure.

Hey, I hope I'm wrong.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
I think I've said this before, but if Ukraine declares martial law like they've been threatening, then their presidential elections will be suspended. And their president is very unpopular right now. Just some food for thought.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Instead of addressing the elephant in the room (Russian aggression) some folks want to use this as an opportunity to bash Trump.]
Oh, it's so easy to just blame Russia these days. Why admit your faults when you can pretend like Russia's the one at fault.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Oh, it's so easy to just blame Russia these days. Why admit your faults when you can pretend like Russia's the one at fault.
Ordinary Russophobia. Trump had been a little too nice to Putin and as a result most Americans were having convulsions and suicidal thoughts.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Uhhh...Russia just shot up a couple of Ukrainian ships result in death and injuries to Ukrainian sailors. Don't know how you define "fault" where you come from, but for us obviously less enlightened types this is pretty close.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It makes me wonder if Putin wants to "reunify" past members of the USSR.

I tend to think if we broke apart in the United States our federal government would be doing the exact same thing as Putin is doing involving its past member states.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
It makes me wonder if Putin wants to "reunify" past members of the USSR.

I tend to think if we broke apart in the United States our federal government would be doing the exact same thing as Putin is doing involving its past member states.

Of course he does. The Ukraine was where a lot of the resources were. Plus it would give him a year round naval base as well as the old nuke missiles still there.