• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Sounds as if you dont even know if its Rush you hate so
much?
A huge part of the reason is that my dad was a fan. Not quite the "Rush is God" Dittohead lots of other people were, but close.
During my dad's last year's he commonly made me listen, and watch Fox news. I was up visiting a lot, due to his declining health. I couldn't even set him straight about the venomous lies and hate and divisiveness, because of his health issues. If my mom even heard us mention the invasion, she'd yell for me to come help her with something bs, then give me stern talking to.

What was said about HIV by persons unknown that was
so bad? ( I am sure a lot of real bad things got said)
That would be a very long post. And, of course, it was also about how evil gay men, like me, are.

You might btw be alert for all of the completely racist
and unjust things that are now
I'm aware. I'm sure that the current equivalents of Limbaugh are spreading it to national audiences.

What is the "all the mass casualties" thing?
Rush was a big supporter of USA middle east policies that amounted to "bomb them back to the Stone Age".

Yuck.
Tom

Audie

Veteran Member
A huge part of the reason is that my dad was a fan. Not quite the "Rush is God" Dittohead lots of other people were, but close.
During my dad's last year's he commonly made me listen, and watch Fox news. I was up visiting a lot, due to his declining health. I couldn't even set him straight about the venomous lies and hate and divisiveness, because of his health issues. If my mom even heard us mention the invasion, she'd yell for me to come help her with something bs, then give me stern talking to.

That would be a very long post. And, of course, it was also about how evil gay men, like me, are.

I'm aware. I'm sure that the current equivalents of Limbaugh are spreading it to national audiences.

Rush was a big supporter of USA middle east policies that amounted to "bomb them back to the Stone Age".

Yuck.
Tom

I looked up his "anti gay" statements.

Now personally, and speaking as one who has
seen her share of anti asian, anti woman stuff here
and there-if rush is some sort of myso, anti asian, I am not
aware of it. But I dont listen to him.

Going by "worst quotes" which are pretty mild..
I dont see him as anti gay, but he sure is or an
"irreverent" sort. A tad sensitive, you, maybe?
If anti gay from rush, such as it may be, makes you
so against him, Bill Maher must make you hysterical.

( I have never watched him hardly know who he is but
found when looking for worst things rush has said, found
article about him.)

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Come now. Back to stone age? Nonsense.
Hope you had a nice sleep. :)

It is not nonsense. Back during the Bush administration, "bomb them back to the Stone Age" was a thing. A very big thing.
Keep in mind, Bush's first State of the Union address included a short list of enemy countries. It was referred to as "The Axis of Evil".
Being a micro-Chinkette you may not understand the emotional power of the description "axis". But WWII was fought between the Allies(us) and the Axis(Germany, Japan, Italy, etc.)
Then Bush started invasion plans for the Axis of Evil. 9/11 was a bit of a set back, because we actually got attacked. But not by a country on Bush's hit list. It wasn't even by Afghanistan, it was by some Saudis living there.
But lots of low information Bush supporters didn't bother with niceties. "Bomb them back to the Stone Age" was a very big thing around here. Irrationally violent and ignorant, but it drove much of USA foreign policy at the time.
People who thought that was a horrible idea were often attacked as "anti-American".

And Limbaugh gave them a huge audience. He made a ton of money doing so. And, partly due his show, the USA went into the disaster that was the Iraq invasion. Mass suffering and casualties.
Tom

Audie

Veteran Member

It is not nonsense. Back during the Bush administration, "bomb them back to the Stone Age" was a thing. A very big thing.
Keep in mind, Bush's first State of the Union address included a short list of enemy countries. It was referred to as "The Axis of Evil".
Being a micro-Chinkette you may not understand the emotional power of the description "axis". But WWII was fought between the Allies(us) and the Axis(Germany, Japan, Italy, etc.)
Then Bush started invasion plans for the Axis of Evil. 9/11 was a bit of a set back, because we actually got attacked. But not by a country on Bush's hit list. It wasn't even by Afghanistan, it was by some Saudis living there.
But lots of low information Bush supporters didn't bother with niceties. "Bomb them back to the Stone Age" was a very big thing around here. Irrationally violent and ignorant, but it drove much of USA foreign policy at the time.
People who thought that was a horrible idea were often attacked as "anti-American".

And Limbaugh gave them a huge audience. He made a ton of money doing so. And, partly due his show, the USA went into the disaster that was the Iraq invasion. Mass suffering and casualties.
Tom

You of course have no way to know the terrible
impact of Japanese atrocities on my family.

But lets drop this discussion.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Tom
Hillary voted for the war, but Limbaugh is the one you blame?
Oh, dear.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Hillary voted for the war, but Limbaugh is the one you blame?
Oh, dear.
That vote was one of the reasons I disliked Hillary so much at the beginning of the last election cycle. Then I got better educated.

It wouldn't hurt you any to try it.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That vote was one of the reasons I disliked Hillary so much at the beginning of the last election cycle. Then I got better educated.

It wouldn't hurt you any to try it.
Tom
Education led to exculpating Hillary for the wars, & blaming Limbaugh.
Oh, dear.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Good American politics, if you dont agree with the
other side it is because they are evil and hell bound.

Yep. Now you're getting it. We'll make a good American of you. You will be one of us. Resistance is futile. :D

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Rush is a drug addict that already lost his hearing from abuse.
Which certainly does add an element of tragedy to his life. And bringing up addiction while you're taking jabs at him, that's rather low, don't you think?
And, BTW, Rush is a person, thus it's "Rush is a drug addict who already lost...."

Ayjaydee

Which certainly does add an element of tragedy to his life. And bringing up addiction while you're taking jabs at him, that's rather low, don't you think?
And, BTW, Rush is a person, thus it's "Rush is a drug addict who already lost...."
His addiction must be discussed in terms of his rants on drug abuse and what should be done to users

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
His addiction must be discussed in terms of his rants on drug abuse and what should be done to users
Denial and displacing blame isn't unusual. The brain is out of whack when it is addicted. It changes, and not in good ways. Addicts need understanding and compassion, not ridicule and mockery.