• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rival Annoyed

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
7c8s1ygv__w300h180q85.jpg

military-chassid-orthodox-jews-buckingham_palace-royal_guards-kken149_low.jpg

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
So, I opened LibreOffice and wrote my new title, page break, '1'. All good. But then I realise I'm not writing my usual smut and yet, yet, I feel as though I am. I feel physically ready. Ready to write a lot of "Uhh!" and "No!" and ripping away the cover exposing her stark naked figure, small and barely... But I'm not. I'm not about to write any smut but I want to; by god I want to. I go to delete the new title and replace it with something frisky, something erotic, but I stop and wonder. I have this novel in my head, why can't I put it on paper? Why can't I put it on paper! It's a waste of time, my mind says, the plot is no good. And I am determined not to eroticise this one.

But smut drips from my pen with the ink, in the ink. Ten years I've dipped my nib in blood, sweat and cum; and if you've ever tried to wash out blood, you'll know how hard it is to remove. It just stains everything.

So I will probably try to write this non-erotic, adult fiction but it may, and probably will, end in the rubbish bin of ideas. Perhaps I should just accept my place in the erotic sphere, but need I stay there? Should I limit to that, though it's what I do best? I see no reason to. After all I might just be sat here incubating an unborn bestseller, why should I abort it?

Because I'm a smut writer. Because I'm a smut writer.​

ink.jpg

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Brickish Brat
Staff member
Premium Member
You want to change writing genres? Take something like a short story and change some words to mad libs. For example if you were stuck writing in a sci-fi loop, you could change all the science-y words to words about furry animals, clouds and clocks. Most likely the result will be silly, but the point is to let all parts of your mind see the words transform. Actually it wouldn't hurt to use silly words.

Make a translation chart like this:
space --> "Home of the fuzzy otters"
Galactic Council --> "wild horses"
time machine --> "carriage with no driver"

Transform: "Space is regulated by the galactic council by means of trained time traveling agents." to "The home of the fuzzy otters is regulated by wild horses like driverless carriages." or "The home of the fuzzy otter is managed like wild horses those driver-less carriages."

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I love learning Old French. I just wish I could have a tutor for it, then it would be a little easier. I just bought some new exercise books, so I can put them to some good use with my language learning. I already have one for Latin languages in general, but since I do so much O.F. I figured it would be a good idea to have one solely for that language. I wish I had someone to study with, but it is a very nuanced interest :(

Tumah

Veteran Member
This is probably not true what with Rabi Akiva not dying on a deathbed. He was too busy getting his skin peeled of his body with metal combs. He died at 80 years old and was present at at least one of his rabbi's deaths. I don't think the other two made it to his death. A similar story is said in someone else's name though.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
So I'm currently attending a short customer service course and there are only 6 other people on it. One of those people is a man in his 50s who sits near opposite me face-to-face. It was only the second class today but I already hate the way he looks at me; it makes me uncomfortable and I never look back. It's a weird look he gives; a sort of sly, creepy smile as though he's about to start laughing or say something to me. The boy next to him smiles at me, but it's friendly and I know him so I'm not too bothered about that; but this other guy just makes me want to turn my entire chair around. I wish, I know this sounds kinda odd, I wish that men wouldn't look at me or at least right at me; not with that kind of expression, at the very least.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm numb. I just feel numb. The Macron win has left me feeling more suicidal than ever. I refuse to believe it wasn't rigged; even the media told us that the French overseas had been given two ballot papers and that this wasn't going to be investigated til after the results. EU is just so scared of becoming redundant. It loves terrorists and I know not why. France is finished. Europe, my beautiful Europe, is finished.

I am thinking of going to the bridge tomorrow. No point delaying it and giving it a few weeks thinking time now.

Europe is gone and it's because its leaders hated it.