• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ritual trappings

VioletVortex

My altar is nothing special. It's a basic wooden nightstand that belonged to my grandmother. I chose it because it's appearance resonated with me in some way. It's very simple, but it's a beautiful nightstand, and it has a very rustic look to it. It's round, so it makes for a great altar space. I should probably use a red marker to draw an inverted pentagram on a piece of construction paper cut into a circle, and tape it down to the altar. That would improve my working space quite a bit. I often draw out sigils on notebook paper and use them in my rituals too. Drawing the symbols helps make them more powerful, as the process of drawing makes the symbol more familiar, and it also helps to give one time to think about its meaning whilst drawing it. Remember, rituals are entirely about the process and it's effects on the soul, not the physical end result of the ritual- it's always best to do everything yourself when it comes to rituals.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I've been looking at this.. the pentagram is absolutely perfect. Really impressive.

Thanks Onyx. Masking tape is so flexible making the circle was pretty easy. The trick was making sure the lines of the pentagram were completely straight and even. And the black pray paint against the glass gives the circle and pentagram kind of an engraved look. ;)

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Seriously, how the hell do you guys make such perfect pentagrams?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member

I used a pentagram font and enlarged it to fit an entire piece of printer paper, cut out the symbol with scissors, placed it at the center of the glass plate, used a pencil to mark the five points and to outline the pentagram. Used a ruler for further measurement, to make it a bit larger, and to make it as geometrically accurate as possible, and to make sure each of the five points were the same distance from the outer circle.

Last edited:

Onyx

Premium Member
I cheated and used a CNC machine (hence the slightly rounded corners from the cutting bit). Its actually just a piece of dense foam insulation. Might give it another go and see if I can do a better paint job with some flat black paint that doesn't reflect so much.