• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ritual trappings

Onyx

Premium Member
Am I the only one who redoes their altar, like, a lot? I probably have several altars a year, from minor changes to the more common complete overhauls. Maybe because I rarely actually use it and just see it and visualize it, so it begins to become too second nature, too much Horus and not enough Set?

I don't have much room for permanent altars, so I create them as required. Most of the time I'll use the top of a bookshelf, other times I'll put the cover on the pool table (creating a large surface which can be walked around).

More rarely, I've cracked the door in the basement (to let in the cool breeze and fresh air), while sitting in front of a large metal candlestick w/sterno on the concrete floor.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I incorporate many Pagan elements into my beliefs as well, so I like the idea of using natural subjects such as plants and stones in rituals. The idea of performing a ritual in a forest is even better.

Some of my most effective workings were done outdoors in a remote open area, the stones and trees, the starlit sky by night the only light serving as my ritual chamber. ;)

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
I mainly do ritual in my head, but at a mental version of my real physical altar.

Doing a ritual inside your head can be at times perhaps difficult, with me when I try to use the mind during ritual by imaging my own altar at times I may perhaps forget a few things. Your mind can be full with creativity but at times the creativity would not stop but keep on going on.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
R4B4yJe.jpg

s8LXyJo.jpg

Under that mask in both pics is a pyramid BTW.

I have my own ritual mask as well.:)

Parchment

I used to own an original Indo-Persian demon head mace that I would use from time to time much like this one but a bit more detailed Swords and Antique Weapons for Sale - International traded it a few years ago. The fact that it was an original appealed to my love of history and weapons which only seemed to further energize my personal rituals and it's aesthetics seemed to have a nice effect on participants in group settings even if they did not understand what it was.

Onyx

Premium Member
I decided to empty the bookshelf of everything except my antique electronics book collection, and make it more useful as an altar. I just hope there isn't an earthquake.

The Pentagram of Set will go above the amp eventually.

books2.jpg

Ahanit

Doing a ritual inside your head can be at times perhaps difficult, with me when I try to use the mind during ritual by imaging my own altar at times I may perhaps forget a few things. Your mind can be full with creativity but at times the creativity would not stop but keep on going on.

As all what you learn is it a question of training.... If you are well trained in Imagination you can do Ritual while speaking with your Christian neighbor without any disturbing thoughts....
In German Magic Comunity we have a saying:

You are no real Magician if you are not able to do your Working naked at a station loo (Du bist kein Magier wenn du den Zauber nicht auch nackt auf dem Bahnhofsklo vollbringen kannst)

Better is when you are not disturbed at a walk through the forrest or driving with train or bus or in a cafee... But it is not necessary.

I had made a little Training Program when I tought magic for beginners years ago, If you wish I can look if I find it and translate it...

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Speaking of changing altars... had to make some more room on the bookshelf Hahaha.

qdZ2ejd.jpg

Awesome, I have the same Set statue with face painted black and golden Falcon of Horus. :cool: I also have a scarab bowl and my bookshelf is located to the immediate left of my altar/digital piano.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Awesome, I have the same Set statue with face painted black and golden Falcon of Horus. :cool: I also have a scarab bowl and my bookshelf is located to the immediate left of my altar/digital piano.

I have that Set too haha, he's on my desk with Thoth and Ra.

Premium Member
Speaking of changing altars... had to make some more room on the bookshelf Hahaha.

qdZ2ejd.jpg

Wow, that left picture doesn't look so tilted in real life! Now I'll have to fix it lest I go insane.

Premium Member
As all what you learn is it a question of training.... If you are well trained in Imagination you can do Ritual while speaking with your Christian neighbor without any disturbing thoughts....
In German Magic Comunity we have a saying:

You are no real Magician if you are not able to do your Working naked at a station loo (Du bist kein Magier wenn du den Zauber nicht auch nackt auf dem Bahnhofsklo vollbringen kannst)

Better is when you are not disturbed at a walk through the forrest or driving with train or bus or in a cafee... But it is not necessary.

I had made a little Training Program when I tought magic for beginners years ago, If you wish I can look if I find it and translate it...

I agree.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
As all what you learn is it a question of training.... If you are well trained in Imagination you can do Ritual while speaking with your Christian neighbor without any disturbing thoughts...

This is interesting, since my early twenties I have made it a ritual to do the following during family gatherings on my fathers' side, of which many are evangelical Christians, most of which I truly love and respect. About twice a year we all get together for some kind of dinner at my Christian aunts house; I like going because the food is so good and I love to eat good food. ;) However, before we eat my aunt says a long Christian prayer and at the same time in my mind I am reciting quietly the following lyrics to one of my favorite songs by Mercyful Fate - "The Oath";

"I deny Jesus Christ
The deceiver.
And I abjure the Christian faith,
Holding in contempt all of its works.

As a being now possessed of a human body,
In this world I swear to give
My full allegiance
To its lawful master,
To worship him,
Our Lord Satan and no other.

In the Name of Satan,
The Ruler of Earth,
Open wide the Gates of Hell
And come forth from the Abyss.
By the Names of Satan, Leviathan, Belial, Lucifer,
I will kiss the goat."

And at the end I will say under my voice [hail] and out loud "Amon"!.. the name of the ancient Egyptian ram headed god whose name means "Hidden", but they think I am saying "amen". It's just good old fashioned LBM fun. :smilecat: My parents, my brother and a very few others in my family on both sides are aware of my religious beliefs. After over 25 years they have come to accept it as a part of who I Am.

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I have that Set too haha, he's on my desk with Thoth and Ra.

Mine is the gold (bronze) Set statue, I painted the neck, face, cropped ears, and the Tcham scepter black, but left the eyes of Set gold. Set being the god of darkness and the sky by night, I think the "color" black is the most appropriate and symbolic of That which is the Prince of Darkness.

Last edited:

Premium Member
Mine is the golden (bronze) Set statue, I painted the neck, face, cropped ears, and the Tcham scepter black, but left the eyes of Set golden. Set being the god of darkness and the sky by night, I think the "color" black to be the most appropriate and symbolic of That which is the Prince of Darkness.

That's genius.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Pentagram of Set I recently constructed. Round glass plate, and masking tape to form the pentagram and circle, spray paint back side silver, and front flat black. Let paint dry and carefully remove masking tape;

Pentagram of Set.jpg

By the Magick of the Shining Pentagram of Set, he shall see with my eyes.
And the strength that is his shall be my strength,
And against the Will of Set no creature of the Universe may stand.

Last edited:

Onyx

Premium Member
Pentagram of Set I recently made. Round glass plate, masking tape to form the pentagram and circle, spray paint back side silver, and front flat black. Let paint dry and remove masking tape;
I can't see the photo, but understand the idea. Will have to try this sometime.
Edit: now it's working, looks great.

Last edited: