• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rise of the dead

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It's compassion
How is "compassion" that has no physical expression actually compassion?

Not the best examples, because these can all be done begrudingly; so, these don't define kindness.
They can be expressions of kindness. Kindness that doesn't express itself is indistinguishable from apathy.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
How is "compassion" that has no physical expression actually compassion?
it's an affinity
They can be expressions of kindness. Kindness that doesn't express itself is indistinguishable from apathy.
You're still not getting it. The soul determines a person's affinity or aversion to kindness.

Another example: A person could be inspired towards giving through a sense of duty. The actions you describe as kindness are then completley different, because they have a different source.

Last edited:

Darkstorn

This shows how unique i am.
You're still not getting it. The soul determines a person's affinity or aversion to kindness.

I don't think that has been established yet. So there is nothing to get until it has.

It's like me saying:

"You're still not getting it. The pink fedora determines a person's affinity or aversion to kindness."

And i'd be right in a sense: You're not getting it. Because there's nothing to get.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I don't think that has been established yet. So there is nothing to get until it has.

It's like me saying:

"You're still not getting it. The pink fedora determines a person's affinity or aversion to kindness."

And i'd be right in a sense: You're not getting it. Because there's nothing to get.
Do you want another example?

Darkstorn

Do you want another example?

Not really, just noting that you're essentially making an unsubstantiated claim: First, it's not been established that souls are in fact real. Second, their effect on anything as a result has also not been established. So two claims.

You're just giving yourself a free pass.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Not really, just noting that you're essentially making an unsubstantiated claim: First, it's not been established that souls are in fact real. Second, their effect on anything as a result has also not been established. So two claims.

You're just giving yourself a free pass.
Participating in the debate is opening myself up for criticism. Offering another example means I'm not giving myself a free pass. Your comments demonstrate this.

Darkstorn

Participating in the debate is opening myself up for criticism. Offering another example means I'm not giving myself a free pass. Your comments demonstrate this.

I meant it in the sense of giving yourself a free pass for the validity of your claim.

Or should I say...

You're still not getting it.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I meant it in the sense of giving yourself a free pass for the validity of your claim.

Or should I say...

You're still not getting it.
If I didn't think I was correct, I wouldn't be saying it. The same goes for you, or anyone.

Darkstorn

If I didn't think I was correct, I wouldn't be saying it. The same goes for you, or anyone.

I believe you. Your claim is logically invalid though.

(I don't care about your point. Only the violation of logic.)

/E: I do technically also care about it not being an evidence-based claim. If it's neither, what have you got? A feeling based one?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I believe you. Your claim is logically invalid though.

(I don't care about your point. Only the violation of logic.)

/E: I do technically also care about it not being an evidence-based claim. If it's neither, what have you got? A feeling based one?
ok, thank you for the input

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
How compatible is the idea of literally return of dead people back to life, with science and philosophy?

Consider these scenarios:

1. If one has been eaten by a shark, then in turn, part of the flash had turned to energy, partly became the flash of the shark, and partly waste. Later that shark, dies, and its body was eaten by other fish.
A. Then on the Judgement Day, where and which location the physical body is generated, or the particles come back togther considering there is no grave.
Discuss scientifically and philosophically.

2. A baby who passed away, immediately after birth, or just before birth, and now is kept in an Alcohol container.

3. Albert Einstein, whose brain is kept in Alcohol container. How would His brain, as body part comes back and reassembled with the rest of the Body?

4. The idea of belief in resurrection of a dead in some ways, existed in non- Abrahamic ancient beliefs or myths, such as Osiris who was a resurrected king.
Did Abrahamic religions get their idea of resurrection from the myths, or it was the other way around? Discuss from historical point of view.
5. In Zoroasterism, we can see belief in the Judgement Day, and general resurrection. Did Abrahamic religions get their idea about Judgement Day from Zoroasterism or it was the other way around? Discuss from historical point of view.
"Did Abrahamic religions get their idea about Judgement Day from Zoroasterism or it was the other way around?"

Zoroaster was a truthful Messenger/Prophet of G-d, he received direct Converse from G-d so being the common source of G-d so the common/similar concepts of Moses, Jesus and Muhammad. Right?

Regards