• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rise of religions - where are we heading

s john

found this interesting video. my question is what is your thoughts on the future of the religions? Islam is on the rise along with non - religious people but what else can we extrapolate from this video?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
found this interesting video. my question is what is your thoughts on the future of the religions? Islam is on the rise along with non - religious people but what else can we extrapolate from this video?

That it's 10 years old?

Also that, proportionally, little has changed in the last 5 years of the video.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The problem with extrapolations is that they're not always accurate. Things change in unexpected ways. For example, suppose there's a new religion that does not make that video yet but takes off and has many millions of adherents in a few years. The most we can say is "if current trends continue then this will be the situation in 10 years.

And as @SalixIncendium pointed out, trends don't necessarily continue in straight lines.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Guess we'll have to wait and see! I'd love to see more indigenous practices resurface in some kind of incarnation. Adds color and cultural flavor, IMO. :D

Jeremiah Ames

1st thing I noticed, is that the non religious was rising nicely for some time, then started to drop. But at least most of that decline seemed to go into Islam and Hindu. So no big deal, I guess.

s john

1st thing I noticed, is that the non religious was rising nicely for some time, then started to drop. But at least most of that decline seemed to go into Islam and Hindu. So no big deal, I guess.

this has a lot to do with the end of communism

s john

The problem with extrapolations is that they're not always accurate. Things change in unexpected ways. For example, suppose there's a new religion that does not make that video yet but takes off and has many millions of adherents in a few years. The most we can say is "if current trends continue then this will be the situation in 10 years.

And as @SalixIncendium pointed out, trends don't necessarily continue in straight lines.

well of course but it's still nice to see the trends and growth of religions.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see that humanity will unite in the knowledge that there is only One God.

It will be that realisation that becomes a foundation to a lasting peace and prosperity for all of humanity.

I also see. This will expand to a universal realisation.

Regards Tony

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I see that humanity will unite in the knowledge that there is only One God.

It will be that realisation that becomes a foundation to a lasting peace and prosperity for all of humanity.

I also see. This will expand to a universal realisation.

Regards Tony
the only way there will ever be one religion under one god is when there is only one person left on the planet....

Shad

Veteran Member

Muslims out breed Western Christians.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
the only way there will ever be one religion under one god is when there is only one person left on the planet....

It might take that the way we are going. There are prophecies that do say a substantial amount of people may not see the kingdom come on earth, as it is already in heaven.

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Or when everyone realizes there is only one God and decides to be the member of the one religion of God.
Of course that seems impossible now, but the future is not now.