• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rioters and Looters Who Attacked Kyle Rittenhouse Cannot Be Called Victims By Prosecutors

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You're trying hard to defend a dounle murderer, and I'm not accepting it, Kyle rittenhouse is white supremacist scum, do you want to defend that further?
No. I am only being just. I am not trying to defend him I am presenting the facts of the case which show that he will probably get off and should. At least of the murder charges. I still think that there are other charges that he could be hit with.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Remember Kyle Rittenhouse? How could one forget the guy who numerous media outlets and even Joe Biden claimed was a White supremacist without any evidence. It seems that the judge in the case has ruled that the rioters and looters that assaulted Kyle cannot be called victims in the case.

"The men shot by Kyle Rittenhouse in August 2020 can potentially be referred to at his trial as "rioters" or "looters," a Wisconsin judge said Monday while reiterating his long-held view that attorneys should not use the word "victim.""

Kyle Rittenhouse trial: As trial approaches, judge may allow the men Kyle Rittenhouse shot to be called 'rioters' or 'looters' -- but 'victim' isn't allowed

"Kyle Rittenhouse is officially in a presidential ad by Joe Biden as an example of “white supremacists” who President Trump “refused to disavow.”"

Biden links Kyle Rittenhouse to white supremacists; Lin Wood vows to 'rip Joe into shreds' - Washington Times
Joe_Biden_Kyle_Rittenhouse__c0-41-2058-1240_s561x327.jpg

Numerous media outlets and Joe Biden claimed or intimated that Kyle Rittenhouse was a White supremacist without a shred of evidence

As far as the legal case is concerned, I guess judges will rule however they rule. I don't know what the ramifications are of the jury knowing about Biden's statement regarding Rittenhouse allegedly being a white supremacist. It's also not clear whether it will make any difference if the victims in this are allowed to be called "victims" by the prosecution.

I guess Rittenhouse has become Biden's "Willie Horton."

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Now you're getting above my pay grade.
I can't justify why the judge ruled as such.

I see it as (and im just guessing here). The judge for some reason wants to excuse Rittenhouse from killing people and so is making it as difficult as possible to sway the jury with emotional words.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I see it as (and im just guessing here). The judge for some reason wants to excuse Rittenhouse from killing people and so is making it as difficult as possible to sway the jury with emotional words.
Or to phrase it differently....
Perhaps the judge wants to avoid prejudicial
language in the interest of justice in a fair trial.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Or to phrase it differently....
Perhaps the judge wants to avoid prejudicial
language in the interest of justice in a fair trial.

Is victim prejudicial? They were shot, i e. Victims of shooting.

Its not like they were unlucky and just walked into the bullet, Rittenhouse was aiming to kill his victims

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The difference between manslaughter and murder
Manslaughter would not be the legal case if the excuse was a justified self defense. At least in the US.

There is no doubt that he shot three and killed two of those people. The trial will be on whether he can justify his actions or not. I have my doubts about any murder or manslaughter convictions. I am hoping for at least a reckless endangerment charge. That can still result in a twelve year sentence.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Manslaughter would not be the legal case if the excuse was a justified self defense. At least in the US.

There is no doubt that he shot three and killed two of those people. The trial will be on whether he can justify his actions or not. I have my doubts about any murder or manslaughter convictions. I am hoping for at least a reckless endangerment charge. That can still result in a twelve year sentence.

US law, gun law. Things haven't changed much in 150 years

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Its not like they were unlucky and just walked into the bullet, Rittenhouse was aiming to kill his victims
I will have to double check. I think they may still call them that. I think the ruling affects the ability of the defense to call them rioters or looters. I have problems with the latter term because I don't think any of them were shown to be looters.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

If someone attacks you with deadly intent, & you
kill them in self defense, then you are the victim
(or would've been), not the attacker. This could
be the judge's perspective.

Many have already judged Rittenhouse guilty, &
want the trial conducted in a manner to assure
conviction. I understand why the judge's ruling
offends them. Alas, our system doesn't serve them.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Okay, I do have to agree that the judge's ruling appears to be inconsistent. "Victim" is banned because it is a loaded term. The defense may be able to use the terms rioter or looter, but they would have to provide evidence that the individuals were rioters or looters before that term could be applied.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Familiar enough to know American gun crime is epidemic.

Actually im not familiar with the nitty gritty, but i am familiar with how real life works out
The laws have indeed become much more stringent in the last
150 years. Government should ask me for my ideas about
curbing gun violence. Alas, they never do....Biden is just as
bad as Trump & Obama in this area.