• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rick Perry's Ad gets over 300k dislikes

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Here's the ad:

[youtube]0PAJNntoRgA[/youtube]
Strong - YouTube

Current status as of when i posted: 6,875 likes, 309,570 dislikes

Including mine.

So what do you guys think, is this a totally reasonable "proud to be a Christian" ad like I've seen some suggest, or little more than homophobic pandering?

Source link

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Entertainingly, the internet has made gifs of Perry saying other horrible things like:
tumblr_lvv037I83g1qa37hco1_500.gif

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It's a pity... the man has such a nice head of hair. Yet he's so out of his league when he's not combing it.

Skwim

Veteran Member
From The Huffington Post:
"Rick Perry's 'Strong' Ad Surpasses Rebecca Black's 'Friday' As Most Disliked YouTube Video Ever"

r-RICK-PERRY-REBECCA-BLACK-large570.jpg

Rick Perry's controversial anti-gay ad, titled "Strong," has officially upset people.
The reaction has actually been so negative that the posting of the ad on YouTube has just achieved
the record for the most dislikes on a single video. The clip surpassed
Rebecca Black's now infamous "Friday" music video to claim the top spot as YouTube's most hated video."
source

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Another video of his I checked out also had a very strong disproportionate of dislikes. Not over 330,000 of them, but a bunch of them. And then another one the ratings system was disabled for the video.

A

angellous_evangellous

Why do you Texans keep putting such characters on the national stage?
Behavior yourselves, now.....otherwise we'll give you back to Mexico.

Texas politics are ****** up.

Rick has been a professional politician his entire adult life and this is the first time he's been in a public debate.

He's learning I think that national politics consists more of making people in Austin and Dallas very rich.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
The video is absolutely disgusting. I don't see how they can allow such a blatantly anti-American person run for president! This county was found on democracy and equality, not totalitarianism, bible law, and discrimination. The fact that even only 7,000 people like when a presidential candidate says "I hate gays, equality is a joke, let us make America a Fascist, totalitarian country founded upon hate" disturbs me to great extents. However, the fact that it is the most disliked Youtube video of all time gives me some hope in humanity back.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The video is absolutely disgusting. I don't see how they can allow such a blatantly anti-American person run for president! This county was found on democracy and equality, not totalitarianism, bible law, and discrimination. The fact that even only 7,000 people like when a presidential candidate says "I hate gays, equality is a joke, let us make America a Fascist, totalitarian country founded upon hate" disturbs me to great extents. However, the fact that it is the most disliked Youtube video of all time gives me some hope in humanity back.
Criticism is better when one doesn't invent quotes.
What he actually says is bad enuf.

I just find it frightening that there were enough slack-jawed mouth breathers to get this clown elected.
That's unfair to clowns & us mouth breathers.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Watched the video. If Perry hasn't shot himself in the foot politically, he has now.
Presuming that he believes everything he says, it's good that he's candid & honest about it during the campaign.
(Wouldn't want to discover it in office.)

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
What's really sad is that there is a large number of Americans who support this.

Last edited: