• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reverting

Fatihah

This should probably go in announcements, but I think it's rightful place is really here:

I left islam to become a Baha'i, however after being on this forum and always feeling the need to defend Islam when I thought it was being attacked, I realised where my heart lay. I had become disillusioned with the Baha'i faith due to what I perceived as its contradictions, and although I looked at other faiths, by the grace of Allah, I was always drawn back to Islam.

About ten minutes ago, I watched on Youtube a video by Skeikh Kandari reciting Al-fatiha, and my eyes filled with tears. I knew then I had to do this:

La ilaha il Allah, Muhammadur-Rasul Allah

As there are no witnesses around to hear me but Allah (may He forgive my past transgressions and pride), anyone who reads this can be the witness to my Shahadah.

Wassalaam,

Hussein

Response: Takbir!

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
"والذين جاهدوا فينا لنهدينهم سبلنا وان الله لمع المحسنين"

"As for those who strive in Us, We surely guide them to Our paths, and lo! Allah is with the good."

سورة 29 - آية 69

Congratulation Brother :)

Shia Islam

Premium Member
It would be nice if you share the whole detailed experience with the honoured members of RF.

Cosmos

While you are on your spiritual pathway, Tanuki, try actually practicing tolerance, acceptance, and loving-kindness towards all peoples of all religions.
:)

Tanuki

Taking a hiatus
While you are on your spiritual pathway, Tanuki, try actually practicing tolerance, acceptance, and loving-kindness towards all peoples of all religions.
:)

I've decided to only practice that with those I like.

Cosmos

Consider that the religion of Man is the obstructing force that says, 'My religion is the only true religion and my standard is the only true standard.'

If you practice only good-will towards those whom please you... then you are not practicing good-will at all, as this same attitude defines fundamentalists, suicide bombers, racists, etc.

Tanuki

Taking a hiatus
You did not just compare me to a suicide bomber? Pathetic.

Just because you choose to follow a faith that tries to be all things to all men doesn't mean it's right. It's a hotch potch of disparate ideas that do not all come from the same source, and the fact you claim it does shows how erroneous the faith is.

Shia Islam

Premium Member
What would you like to know?

You know, many people hear about Baha'i from the Baha'i sources...
It would be nice to see the Baha'i faith from another perspective...

for example how do they advertise their religion,
what contradictions in their faith you found...

and any information that you think deserve mentioning :)

Tanuki

Taking a hiatus
For me, I think that firstly I became a Baha'i because I felt that Islam was too legalistic for me, and I suppose I wanted more freedom. My problem, not Islam's.

However, there were a number of things that I found contradictory, such as how they preach that they wish to destroy prejudice yet they are prejudiced against homosexuals. They talk of love the sinner hate the sin, but from people I have spoke to who were/are Gay and Baha'i they feel that they have to hide who they are to be accepted. Also, if they choose to live in an openly homosexual relationship they will have their administrative rights suspended, or worse they may be unenrolled.

Also, you are taught to follow the guidance of Shoghi Effendi and the UHJ without question, yet they promoted and still do the prejudice I mention above. Shoghi Effendi particularly stated a rather stupid thing when he said homosexuality was a 'sickness' that could be changed through therapy. Medical science in my view is continually proving that it is no such thing, but that it's genetic. However, when you point this out to Baha'is they simply state that science hasn't reached the same stage as the Baha'i faith which is a bit of a cop out in my opinion.

Also, if one looks at the different teachings of the so-called 'Manifestations of God' they are so different that they couldn't possibly be from the same source. After all
God is unchageable, yet going by Baha'i theology he seems to be changing his mind every few hundred years or so, which to God would be almost daily.

Furthermore, if you look at the Sheikhy movement from which the Baha'i faith came it's theology deviates so much from Shia Islam that it is nothing more than sheer innovation. If you do a simply search you can find all this out online.

Tanuki

Taking a hiatus
Isn't Islam intolerant of homosexuality?

I suppose it can be, however Islam in my view doesn't base itself on the abolition of prejudice as forcefully as the Baha'i faith does. It wasn't the fact that the Baha'i faith was against homosexuality that I disagreed with, it was the hypocrisy that went with it.

Also the fact that one is supposed to surrender your self will to the UHJ, as it is supposedly infallible, and those who don't are thrown out the faith, to me is wholly wrong.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Well, this is a Muslim thread so I won't get into any sort of debate, but I guess I can ask questions.

So you think that Islam is a peaceful, tolerant religion? And you're going to promote peace and tolerance of other religions and lifestyles as a practicing Muslim?

fatima_bintu_islam

Brother Tanuki, I think you forgot to mention that you came back to shiisme Barakalalhu feek.

I think it is very important to mention it, since you will be asked from people about the deen and you'll be answering by shiite answers, so I guess the reader has the right to know wallahu a'lam because it may create confusion in here.

And ALlah knows best

Tanuki

Taking a hiatus
Brother Tanuki, I think you forgot to mention that you came back to shiisme Barakalalhu feek.

I think it is very important to mention it, since you will be asked from people about the deen and you'll be answering by shiite answers, so I guess the reader has the right to know wallahu a'lam because it may create confusion in here.

And ALlah knows best

Ibadhiyya is not Shi'ism. I was a Shia Muslim, but have chosen to now follow the Ibadhiyya that was also after contemplating being Sunni.

Even if I were a Shia, there is nothing that they believe in that I would have a problem with. Many do listen to the scare stories about the Shia, however that's all they are - scare stories. Some of the best Muslims I know are Shia.

Last edited:

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Shias are more moderate then Sunnis. I like Shia best and I was a Shia when I was Muslim.