• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Revelation from the Creator

F1fan

Veteran Member
That is a good question. Probably a lot of so-called Christians who aren’t real believers in Christ at all.
What is a real Christain versus a fake Christian?

I'm curious what you think it means to be a beliver in Christ.

You seem to be suggesting that a true Christian will exhibit a strong moral sense. Surely this has little to do with being a believer in Christ since atheists, muslims and Hindus, etc. exhibit strong morals.

I agree with you concerning selfish desires of the flesh. Yet, there are spiritual desires which are appropriate; the desire to love God, please God, and dwell in His Presence forever. Desires of this type are in alignment with God’s will.
This all assumes a God exists, so spiritual? I suggest a believer can get lost is whatever "God" is supposed to mean. As you note there are fake Christians. All Christians seems to think they are authentic, and feel fine about judging their fellow Chritians as fake.

Audie

Veteran Member

You seem to be suggesting that a true Christian will exhibit a strong moral sense. Surely this has little to do with being a believer in Christ since atheists, muslims and Hindus, etc. exhibit strong morals.

This all assumes a God exists, so spiritual? I suggest a believer can get lost is whatever "God" is supposed to mean. As you note there are fake Christians. All Christians seems to think they are authentic, and feel fine about judging their fellow Chritians as fake.

Judge not lest ye be judged" doesnt apply when
calling out phony Scotsmen.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
What do you believe about the Bible?”

Do you understand it to be God’s direct communication to humanity? Do you think that the Bible is totally of Him and from Him? Do you understand that without His divine revelation about Himself and His created beings, finite and fallen humanity is left with only opinions, guesses, and speculations about who God is, Jesus Christ and the gospel which offers salvation, freedom, hope, and eternal life?

People are capable of 100% factual reporting. The Bible is written by people whom God used to report and predict 100% accurately.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
People are capable of 100% factual reporting. The Bible is written by people whom God used to report and predict 100% accurately.
"The Bible is written by people whom God used to report and predict 100% accurately. "

Would one kindly name a person who wrote the Gospels and did it 100% accurately, please, right?

Regards

InChrist

Free4ever

According to the scriptures, a true Christian is a person who believes (fully trusts) in Jesus Christ as their Savior for forgiveness of sins and eternal life; one who belongs to Christ and has been born again to new life in Christ.

Are Christians perfect; no and will not be so until entering the eternal state. Christians are each at different places in their life in Christ. That’s why the Bible speaks about maturity and immaturity because it is a process. Nevertheless, a true Christian should be growing in the fruits of the Spirit...
...love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23),
while continuing to turn away from the works of the flesh...
...adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like... (Galatians 5:19-21)

If you see someone who claims to be a Christian, yet shows no real interest in submitting their life to Christ or who continues to constantly live out the works of the flesh listed above without any repentance...then it’s reasonable to question their relationship to Jesus. On the other hand, a real Christian may mess up sometimes, act selfish, commit some minor or even major sin, but listens to the Holy Spirit’s conviction, is very repentant and change is demonstrated over the course of their life. Ultimately, I think it’s best to leave the judgement of who is a real Christian to God. Yet, God calls believers to use wisdom and discernment; a so-called Christian pastor who comes across as righteous and good in public, but abuses his wife and children in private is a deceiver and I think it can legitimately be said... he is NOT a Christian. Just one example.

So how is it that atheists, Muslims, etc. may live what appear to be lives morally superior to a lot of Christians? My answer is that everyone is made in the image of God. Therefore, everyone has an awareness of God’s morality instilled within them and are capable of doing some good and altruistic things. Probably even a Nazi who killed or abused Jewish men, women and children went home and treated his family and dog kindly. But that doesn’t erase his vicious, cruel behavior committed against the Jews or God. What is done against God’s creation is also done against Him. No matter how moral one may think they are, the reality according to the scriptures is that everyone falls short and sins against others and God and all are in need of the Perfect Savior.

Audie

Veteran Member
According to the scriptures, a true Christian is a person who believes (fully trusts) in Jesus Christ as their Savior for forgiveness of sins and eternal life; one who belongs to Christ and has been born again to new life in Christ.

Are Christians perfect; no and will not be so until entering the eternal state. Christians are each at different places in their life in Christ. That’s why the Bible speaks about maturity and immaturity because it is a process. Nevertheless, a true Christian should be growing in the fruits of the Spirit...
...love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23),
...adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like... (Galatians 5:19-21)

If you see someone who claims to be a Christian, yet shows no real interest in submitting their life to Christ or who continues to constantly live out the works of the flesh listed above without any repentance...then it’s reasonable to question their relationship to Jesus. On the other hand, a real Christian may mess up sometimes, act selfish, commit some minor or even major sin, but listens to the Holy Spirit’s conviction, is very repentant and change is demonstrated over the course of their life. Ultimately, I think it’s best to leave the judgement of who is a real Christian to God. Yet, God calls believers to use wisdom and discernment; a so-called Christian pastor who comes across as righteous and good in public, but abuses his wife and children in private is a deceiver and I think it can legitimately be said... he is NOT a Christian. Just one example.

So how is it that atheists, Muslims, etc. may live what appear to be lives morally superior to a lot of Christians? My answer is that everyone is made in the image of God. Therefore, everyone has an awareness of God’s morality instilled within them and are capable of doing some good and altruistic things. Probably even a Nazi who killed or abused Jewish men, women and children went home and treated his family and dog kindly. But that doesn’t erase his vicious, cruel behavior committed against the Jews or God. What is done against God’s creation is also done against Him. No matter how moral one may think they are, the reality according to the scriptures is that everyone falls short and sins against others and God and all are in need of the Perfect Savior.
Where does the Bible define a true christiam

rational experiences

Veteran Member
As a human spiritual I have to agree on being thought of as christian otherwise I'm considered unworthy.

Yet how do you follow the teachings of Jesus?

Do you turn away the murderer torturer who causes starvation on earth by technology changes to sea of son. Do you stop him removing heavens stable state for healthy animals human babies to be born instead of cell mutated instead.

As he causes sun star mass UFO ark fall in...burning our sky above...nuclear unstable?

No.

You claim our human brother is a God who saved life instead.

I'd rather not face the real issues. Reasoned.... as like in the past the empire in control as rich men murdered you.

I'll just go along everyday claiming I own my rights to a safe life...tough luck victims.

Is the truth.

CH that arose out of rock entombed mass is gases in spirit like methane. If you cared to actually theory science as a theist detailing correct advice.

If you cared to state and as the cloud mass burnt fell our water life was sacrificed removed so ice the saviour body melted. Replaced it ...so clouds remassed...ohh look images of animals humans are in clouds.

Saved us...lucky we didn't all die theme.

Is the saving. It didn't do anything else as plague death starvation torture continued after or are you just going to continue lying?

Reason why Baha'i said how did Jesus save you...I'm still hurt myself.

DNB

Christian
I guess you misread brickj too.

Regardless- here, weird is that you would concoct it into that I have little basis for disbelief.
As for your God is spirit, that's your opinion.
It's just a made- up idea you bought into.

St Augustine wrote of climbing mountain and
reveling ( a bad word for you) in the beauty and
majesty.

Then he is stricken with remorse, to be sinfully
enjoying a corrupt fallen world instead of
concentrating in God.

If you want to be like that, go for it.
I think it's stupid and weird, and grossly
disrespectful to any creator there might be.

I'm no hedonist, but groovy that you choose to think I am.

Christian charity, no doubt.
...yes, i think that Augustine is rather out-there also.
I was asking, not implying, why you thought that it was insulting - I could only guess that i may be for the reason that theists assume that you haven't done your homework. Again, I was asking.

F1fan

Veteran Member
That's it? This is an exceptionally low standard. No wonder the Lutherans who worked in Nazi concentration camps didn't worry about going to hell. They believed they were saved, and that's it. Then they went and killed Jews.

To my mind what Jesus taught should have some part of this. But nothing to your mind?

None of this really answers my question about what makes a real Christian versus a fake Christian. Every Christian thinks they are saved, so there are no fake Christians to your standard.

All this is vague and very abstract. To my mind a person submitting themselves to Christ is working in a food kitchen, giving to charity, heling make the lives of the less fortunate a bit better. It's not prideful self-indulgent dogma that props up identity. Frankly I don't see Jesus caring if you repent, but does care if you buy a hungry person a sandwich.

So how is it that atheists, Muslims, etc. may live what appear to be lives morally superior to a lot of Christians?
You didn't explain what makes Christians moral. To my mind morality is basically following any of the many versions of the Golden Rule. To feel empathy for others when they suffer, to cause no harm, to not condemn others for who they are, etc. When Christians condemn gays or minorities this crosses a line. But Christians who have prejudices will see their views as moral and derived from God. The tolerance of atheists is superior.

My answer is that everyone is made in the image of God. Therefore, everyone has an awareness of God’s morality instilled within them and are capable of doing some good and altruistic things.
None of this is factual, nor has any practical application. Your views are not very practical or functional. They are very abstract and conceptual, and it seems to me you are hiding something from yourself.

Probably even a Nazi who killed or abused Jewish men, women and children went home and treated his family and dog kindly. But that doesn’t erase his vicious, cruel behavior committed against the Jews or God. What is done against God’s creation is also done against Him. No matter how moral one may think they are, the reality according to the scriptures is that everyone falls short and sins against others and God and all are in need of the Perfect Savior.
It's called compartmentalism, and it is how the mind will divide and justify immoral acts from the moral self. Jews are bad, that is what these Christians learned and believed. To exterminate them wasn't immoral, it was a duty they had to their people. This is the danger of dogma that has its own authority, and the believers cannot assess and reason whether it is true or moral.

Look at the title, revelation from the creator. There are no Gods known to exit, yet many belioevers still believe there is, and that the Bible is a revealed text, and that their versonal interpretation is true and correct. None of that is reasonable.

Last edited:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Jews DNA life became their own nations judas.

Once...all Egyptians body type. Family had enslaved family..all same race first.
A very long time ago. Became a monkey type genetic mutated human.

Why a human named an animal mon..one and key.

Advice...secret message a symbol a warning.

Muslim emerged in healing as did Islamic and Jew...sacrificed new tribes Egyptian. Remembered as they healed what happened.

Reasoned..

All life lives as a human is by sex we're first babies... phenomena attacks the individual. Heavens.

Immaculate said the human man as mass changed. And our brother began causing it to burn. You see gases as lights burning at night. It's true. UFO.

Man said my baby life returned as immaculate mass heavens had cooled. Yet he should have said all life had returned.

But he didn't..as humans self idolate when you're Unique...a behaviour...warned.

Jews agreed to rebuild science temple to be a rich Jew with Roman leaders. Trade. Jews hence hated their Judas.

They left Jerusalem to build updated Stonehenge water grounding model in countries Rome invaded that blew up. Were banned from ever returning to Jerusalem as the Judas hypocrites.

Hurt as your own rich man king lord self you get pretty angry at your own brothers. Just like Romans did. Christian Jew movement formed the very reason why. Old teachings ignored.

So whose going to change Christian movement into a new merging order now?

No different from any human in any organisation rich poor satanist or not ...dies from cancer today sacrificed by our new Judas science community.

As 2000 long count ..
maybe a million years of suffering said law body mass heavens as God's would return. Instead of it only burning out it would be enabled to form cloud protection. Block out sun.

So no one should be sick now. Proving it didn't happen as science predicted. Too many blood bone cell ailments iron heart core said men not nuclear ..the heart.

Hence humans in science said O think earth owning dusts was by a sun attack. It proves God had come from the same spirit place bio life had. Not the same history however.

Eternal.

As humans bones go hard like rock ends up as dusts.

Hence no human is allowed to do nuclear sun science. As the sun causes biology to become dusts as humans are no longer from the eternal.

We're only born by human bio sex.

No human can argue as a human can not return into eternal.

The eternal is exact the eternal always.

Human teaching said when you die you own one life living recorded message. In gods heavens position. The eternal being is its own self which you eventually disappear a record... as its owned memory of a life experienced.

Is how I was taught why we still own one spiritual being. After a human body decomposes as we never belonged in creation.

InChrist

Free4ever
That's it? This is an exceptionally low standard. No wonder the Lutherans who worked in Nazi concentration camps didn't worry about going to hell. They believed they were saved, and that's it. Then they went and killed Jews.

To my mind what Jesus taught should have some part of this. But nothing to your mind?

None of this really answers my question about what makes a real Christian versus a fake Christian. Every Christian thinks they are saved, so there are no fake Christians to your standard.

All this is vague and very abstract. To my mind a person submitting themselves to Christ is working in a food kitchen, giving to charity, heling make the lives of the less fortunate a bit better. It's not prideful self-indulgent dogma that props up identity. Frankly I don't see Jesus caring if you repent, but does care if you buy a hungry person a sandwich.

You didn't explain what makes Christians moral. To my mind morality is basically following any of the many versions of the Golden Rule. To feel empathy for others when they suffer, to cause no harm, to not condemn others for who they are, etc. When Christians condemn gays or minorities this crosses a line. But Christians who have prejudices will see their views as moral and derived from God. The tolerance of atheists is superior.

None of this is factual, nor has any practical application. Your views are not very practical or functional. They are very abstract and conceptual, and it seems to me you are hiding something from yourself.

It's called compartmentalism, and it is how the mind will divide and justify immoral acts from the moral self. Jews are bad, that is what these Christians learned and believed. To exterminate them wasn't immoral, it was a duty they had to their people. This is the danger of dogma that has its own authority, and the believers cannot assess and reason whether it is true or moral.

Look at the title, revelation from the creator. There are no Gods known to exit, yet many belioevers still believe there is, and that the Bible is a revealed text, and that their versonal interpretation is true and correct. None of that is reasonable.
Actually, it’s a very high standard; a standard which only Christ has and can meet. That is the reason the Bible makes it clear that everyone falls short of God’s moral standard and the only way to reach such a high standard is through trusting Christ and being born again to new life in His perfect holy, righteous. Of course, this means one changes their focus from pride and selfishness to serving others as in the examples you have; helping the poor, serving at food kitchens or homeless shelters, giving to charities, etc. I previously posted scriptures for you distinguishing the difference between the fruits (attitudes & behaviors) from the works of the flesh. This would certainly be demonstrated in the way a Christian treats others. I very clearly said that their are fake Christian; those who claim to be Christians, yet their lives are not submitted to Christ and their words/actions are not Christ like.

I think the Bible presents honest information concerning the pride and selfish nature of humans beings and the extent of harm that can cause.
It also reveals the way to find freedom and a transformed life in Christ, which is demonstrated by real change in a real Christian’s life. If you want to read about the lives of real Christians, look up and read the biographies of; Amy Carmichael, Corrie ten Boom, Harriet Tubman, Fredrick Douglas, George Mueller and there are so many others.

You may find this helpful:
How do I know if I am a Christian? | GotQuestions.org

InChrist

Free4ever
I believe that it was authored by men who erroneously presumed to speak for God.
Thank you for sharing you view. I believe you are wrong and when scrutinized the biblical scriptures demonstrate that, although written by human authors, were inspired and orchestrated by God, the Creator of heaven and earth.

InChrist

Free4ever
Who tend to , like all the others, think they are the true ones
Yet their words and actions show otherwise. The Bible reiterates more than once how often and easily humans deceive themselves.

Last edited: