• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Revasser - Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
Name: Joshua

DOB: May 20

Sex: Tod (Male)

Scientific Classification: Vulpis Moderatus RFensis

Religion: Kemetic Traditionalist

Origin of Life view: Abiogenesis followed by evolution, I guess. The truth is, I think the origin of life is significantly less important than what I had for dinner.

Politics: Libertarian Communist (that's "damn dirty liberal pinko commie" for my American friends :p)

Ninjas or Pirates: Pirates. Arrrrr, matey!

Favourites:
-Author:
Richard Adams
-TV Show: The Transformers (1984-87), Firefly, Babylon 5
-Computer Game: Planescape: Torment
-Bands: Blind Guardian, Shadow Gallery, Falconer (et al)
-Food: Spinach pies, spinach lasagne and The Bachelor's Saviour (pasta, cheese and tomato sauce)
-Pirate: Cap'n Tramun Clogg

Other Interests: Reading, writing, tabletop wargaming, Transformers toys, open source software, classical history

I'm no MidnightBlue when it comes to profiles, so if you want to know anything else you'll have to ask! :D

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
robtex said:
What is it you write and why pirates over ninjas?

I write what I like to read. Typcial pulp fantasy fare. :p

Pirates are the obvious choice! They sail the seas arrrrr-ing and drinking and acquiring booty from pretty merchant brigs. Ninjas just sneak around throwing bits of metal. Not an Arrrrrr or a Yo-ho in sight!

Mike182

Flaming Queer
how long have you been with Tod? what attracted you too him? how did you meet? do you see it as a long-term relationship? and finally, at what point in your life did you realise you were gay?

Smoke

Done here.
Revasser said:
Kemetic Traditionalist
Most pagans I know speak of "working with" various gods and goddesses. Do you? Which ones? What does it mean to you?

Revasser said:
I'm no MidnightBlue when it comes to profiles, so if you want to know anything else you'll have to ask! :D
When I was writing my profile, my better half said, "Honey, you don't have to write a book." :eek:

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
Mike182 said:
how long have you been with Tod? what attracted you too him? how did you meet? do you see it as a long-term relationship? and finally, at what point in your life did you realise you were gay?

Oh, Mike. A "tod" is a male fox. I was stating it as my sex, in keeping my generally vulpine theme. :D

As for your other question, I probably knew at about 13-14, but it was closer to 16-17 before I could accept it.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Revasser said:
Oh, Mike. A "tod" is a male fox. I was stating it as my sex, in keeping my generally vulpine theme. :D

As for your other question, I probably knew at about 13-14, but it was closer to 16-17 before I could accept it.
so.... there is no "Tod"?

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
MidnightBlue said:
Most pagans I know speak of "working with" various gods and goddesses. Do you? Which ones? What does it mean to you?

It's not a turn of phrase I've ever really used much, myself. I usually find myself sticking with plain, old "worship."

Well, aside from worshiping the pantheon as a group, I find that I'm particularly intimate with Set (or Sutekh or Seth, as He is also sometimes called.) I'm also quite familiar with Djehuty, though my relationship with Him is more business-like most of the time.

When I was writing my profile, my better half said, "Honey, you don't have to write a book." :eek:

It sure is long, but it's well worth a read!

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Revasser said:
Nope. :D

I'm not in any kind of relationship right now, (un)fortunately.

And you need to keep your mind on the job, Chrispy! :p

would you go out clubbing? or just let love find you in your normal life?

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
Mike182 said:
would you go out clubbing? or just let love find you in your normal life?

I'm not big on the "gay scene" at all, I'm afraid. It's all just a bit too shallow for my tastes.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Revasser said:
I'm not big on the "gay scene" at all, I'm afraid. It's all just a bit too shallow for my tastes.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

that makes me jump with joy in, what is probably, the campest fashion you have ever seen

i have to go clubbing with my friend next week, and she is determined to find me someone - yea, because a club filled with gay, testosterone driven men is gonna get me my life-partner.... suuuure...

i stay as far away from the "gay scene" as i can, but when i do enter it, i make sure i am as gothed up as possible, as to scare off any of the shallow people whom would be broken in half by any relationship that consists of more than just "hey, can you help me? i need the toilet and my zip is stuck..."

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Mike182 said:
"hey, can you help me? i need the toilet and my zip is stuck..."
:biglaugh:

I'm in tears... tears of laughter. That's the funniest thing I've heard since midnight!

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
Hey, you never know, Mike! You might bump into somone who's been dragged there against his will by his own friend who is trying to "find someone" for him. It could happen! I don't think I'd be inclined to take those odds, however. :p

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Revasser said:
Hey, you never know, Mike! You might bump into somone who's been dragged there against his will by his own friend who is trying to "find someone" for him. It could happen! I don't think I'd be inclined to take those odds, however. :p
I think you'd both be surprised! I've noticed a lot of NZ women take their gay friends with them on club nights so they can get into the gay clubs and not be bothered by the many many wankers out there. Seeing as I'm not really as inhibited as the wankers, I've met many a woman in such places and noticed a good number of gay fellers dragged out as entry passes :D

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Revasser said:

yea, well, the gay scene in Nottingham is filled with guys who respond with "wow, i was just noticing that i had that exact same problem" and then limp off together, because having a cought zip means they have to resort to using a camp limp :sarcastic

Smoke

Done here.
Revasser said:
I've never met anyone at a dance club whom I liked for very long. But I have met everybody I've been with for more than a night at neighborhood-type bars. I mean, where am I going to meet people? Church? ;)

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Is that economic communism or Marx-Lenin(what an American would associate with "liberal pinko commie") communism? If the latter may I ask how you bring libertarian and communist together?

Is there a specific area/time of classic history you specialize in?

What drew you to the Kemetic faith?

Finally,

Ninjas rock Pirates :p, though pirates are awesome too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.