• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

resurrection

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
What happends when there is no body left, when a person is cremated or vaporized in an atom bomb ?
I don't know that there's really all that much difference between a body that is instantly "vaporized" or a body that slowly rots in the earth over thousands of years. I believe that God is capable of restoring everything to a perfect state.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Are you saying Jesus did not "die" on the cross ?
I'm saying that He "died" in that His spirit left His body. Once the spirit leaves the body, the body is nothing more than a lifeless shell. Jesus told the thief who hung next to Him on the cross that He'd see him on that same day in Paradise, and the scriptures also speak of His visit ("in the spirit") to the wicked whose spirits were in Prison. This was said to have taken place during the three days when His body lay in the tomb. If He could have visited Paradise and the Spirit Prison while His body was "dead," then it appears as if there was a part of Him that was alive. That part of Him was His spirit.

olson5256

There have been many who have tried to find error, that it was a myth but have failed. The account is bullet proof. There are books written debunking such challenges but I already have a ton to read. For starters the tomb was guarded by roman soldiers and you didn't want to receive the punishment you would get for incompetence.

Do you belive everything in the Bible even though it wasn"t written until at least 300 years after the events ?

1 Cor 15:35 But some man will say , How are the dead raised up? And with what body do they come?
44 It is sown a natural body it is raised a spiritual body……………………………….........
50 Now this I say brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
1 Cor 15:35 But some man will say , How are the dead raised up? And with what body do they come?
44 It is sown a natural body it is raised a spiritual body……………………………….........
50 Now this I say brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.
Blood is not the same thing as bone. A natural body has blood flowing in and out of a beating heart. A spiritual body has no need of this life-sustaining function. A spiritual body is not necessarily non-corporeal. It is, however, incorruptable and immortal.

Jesus did have a body of flesh and bone after His resurrected. He himself pointed that out to His Apostles. When He ascended into Heaven forty days later, He had that same body. He will return in that same form someday. I guess the question is, did He shed that body somewhere between where the Apostles watched Him ascend and when He arrived in Heaven? If so, what did He do with it?

Last edited:

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

Eze 37:4 Again he said to me, Prophesy over these bones, and tell them, you dry bones, hear the word of YAH.
Eze 37:5 Thus says Master YAH to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live.
Eze 37:6 I will lay sinews on you, and will bring up flesh on you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am YAH.
Eze 37:7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold, an earthquake; and the bones came together, bone to its bone.
Eze 37:8 I saw, and, behold, there were sinews on them, and flesh came up, and skin covered them above; but there was no breath in them.
Eze 37:9 Then said he to me, Prophesy to the wind, prophesy, son of man, and tell the wind, Thus says Master YAH: Come from the four winds, breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.
Eze 37:10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up on their feet, an exceedingly great army.
Eze 37:11 Then he said to me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Yisra'el: behold, they say, Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are clean cut off.
Eze 37:12 Therefore prophesy, and tell them, Thus says Master YAH: Behold, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, my people; and I will bring you into Eretz-Yisra'el.
Eze 37:13 You shall know that I am YAH, when I have opened your graves, and caused you to come up out of your graves, my people.
Eze 37:14 I will put my Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land: and you shall know that I, YAH, have spoken it and performed it, says YAH.

I see no blood here. I do see flesh and bone as well as the Ruach which is nothing more than the wind. The breath of life that all creatures on this earth got at birth. The same that leaves the body at death. But I see here that Yah can cause that breath, wind, spirit, ruach to re-enter to bring back to life that which was dead. Kinda makes you see how it might be during our resurrection. The person is transformed into something better which need not blood. Even though bodies will be fresh and not be just dry bones, the process should similarly the same.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I gues s I am still having a problem then of understanding where the flesh goes in line 50.
Well, in looking at all of the instances in the Bible where the phrase "flesh and blood" is used, it appears in every instance to be a way of referring to mortal man. Aside from the one you mentioned, the others in the New Testament are:

Matthew 16: And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Galatians 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood...

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil...

There is only one time, anywhere in the Bible, where the phrase "flesh and bones" is used. I suppose this could be explained as a fluke, but I would disagree with that explanation. It seems to me as if you have to either interpret "flesh and blood" as having a different meaning than "flesh and bones," or else you've got to explain what Jesus did with His body as He ascended into Heaven since He clearly had a body of flesh and bones during the forty days He remained on earth after His resurrection.

Love your kitty pic
:) Thank you! :)

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

Do you believe that god created daylight and night before he created the sun ?

I for one believe that Yah created darkness first for it covered the deep and then He created the sun to put forth light. This is why it is stated at the end of each day of creation that that was the evening and the morning of the 1 =thru= 7th day's. Evening came first then the morning.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I for one believe that Yah created darkness first for it covered the deep and then He created the sun to put forth light. This is why it is stated at the end of each day of creation that that was the evening and the morning of the 1 =thru= 7th day's. Evening came first then the morning.
When did God create "the deep"?

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

When did God create "the deep"?

Gen 1:1 In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth.
Gen 1:2 Now the earth was formless and empty. Darkness was on the surface of the deep. Elohim's Spirit was hovering over the surface of the waters.

The answer is on Yom Reshone. ;)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Gen 1:2 Now the earth was formless and empty. Darkness was on the surface of the deep. Elohim's Spirit was hovering over the surface of the waters.

The answer is on Yom Reshone. ;)
I see. He created the heavens and the earth before He created anything else. He then created light, and after that, the "firmament" in the midst of the waters? What was the "firmament" if not the earth itself? If the earth was formless and empty, there was no water. If there was water, the earth was not empty. On the fourth day, God created lights in the firmament of the heavens. No wait. Light was created on the first day. Prior to His creating light, there was darkness upon the face of the deep. Did he create the darkness? Did He create the void? What was the void He created?

I don't care whether you respond to these questions or not. If you do, I probably won't comment because we'd just end up going around in circles. I don't take the creation account in Genesis literally, although I do believe God was 100% responsible for the creation. When you start trying to poke holes in someone else's interpretation of how the scriptures describe the process of the Creation, you just end up digging an even deeper hole for your own interpretation.

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

I see. He created the heavens and the earth before He created anything else. He then created light, and after that, the "firmament" in the midst of the waters? What was the "firmament" if not the earth itself?

Gen 1:6 Elohim said, "Let there be an expanse in the middle of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters."
Gen 1:7 Elohim made the expanse, and divided the waters which were under the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse; and it was so.

The word in Hebrew is “raqiya” and is Strong’s #7549 which in this instance means the hemisphere above the ground, the sky. It is also explained in Gen. 1:20.…….

Gen 1:20 Elohim said, "Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of sky."

This is the area in which there is air, oxygen for the birds to breath, for them to fly.

If the earth was formless and empty, there was no water. If there was water, the earth was not empty.

Really? I would disagree with you on this point. I would say that if you are looking at a flat surface of water where there is no form as to any structure then it would be considered formless and if there hasn’t been any life created as yet then it would be empty. This is not a glass of water as to say if it is half full or half empty. J

On the fourth day, God created lights in the firmament of the heavens. No wait. Light was created on the first day.

With a little research, you too will find that the word light in the first day differs in Hebrew as to the one in the fourth. Why can’t people just admit that scripture was first written in Hebrew, by a Hebrew that has the Hebrew understanding of that culture and contextual grasp of those that wrote it then and not that of western thought of today? You have got to take it there or you will never truly understand it as it was meant to be understood.

Prior to His creating light, there was darkness upon the face of the deep. Did he create the darkness? Did He create the void? What was the void He created?

Yes as it is said in Gen. 1:1.……….

In the Hebrew it is Strong’s #8064 and is the word “shamayim” which speaks of the void in question.

I don't care whether you respond to these questions or not. If you do, I probably won't comment because we'd just end up going around in circles. I don't take the creation account in Genesis literally, although I do believe God was 100% responsible for the creation.

That’s cool. J

When you start trying to poke holes in someone else's interpretation of how the scriptures describe the process of the Creation, you just end up digging an even deeper hole for your own interpretation.

That’s why I don’t look to poke holes in others belief’s, They always seem to do that job well enough on their own. I also do my absolute best in not giving what I think or feel as to my, as you say, own interpretation …………
2Pe 1:20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of private interpretation.

…….. I rather allow the scripture interpret itself. J

Heneni

Miss Independent
Blood is not the same thing as bone. A natural body has blood flowing in and out of a beating heart. A spiritual body has no need of this life-sustaining function. A spiritual body is not necessarily non-corporeal. It is, however, incorruptable and immortal.

Jesus did have a body of flesh and bone after His resurrected. He himself pointed that out to His Apostles. When He ascended into Heaven forty days later, He had that same body. He will return in that same form someday. I guess the question is, did He shed that body somewhere between where the Apostles watched Him ascend and when He arrived in Heaven? If so, what did He do with it?

The blood of the old body was what kept it going, but jesus lost a great deal of blood if not all of his blood, and therefore, his body was raised minus the blood and + the life of god that would sustain it.

Didnt they completely drain the lambs of their blood before sacrificing it?

Heneni

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
The blood of the old body was what kept it going, but jesus lost a great deal of blood if not all of his blood, and therefore, his body was raised minus the blood and + the life of god that would sustain it.
That's pretty much the way I see it.

Didnt they completely drain the lambs of their blood before sacrificing it?
I don't know. I really couldn't say.

Well, in looking at all of the instances in the Bible where the phrase "flesh and blood" is used, it appears in every instance to be a way of referring to mortal man.

That was what I was thnking as well. So Christ body was resurected but changed.
It would appear you have to have a body of some sort to have form where as the
spirit is You?

Rev 4:1..........Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hearafter. 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit.....