• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republican Obstruction Tactics

dust1n

Zindīq
I finished reading Bob Woodward's latest book, The Price of Politics, a short while back and found it to be most interesting. The book is about the debt ceiling talks and oddly, "tea party" references were very few and far between. If anything, it showed the Obama administration to be financially incoherent, largely incompetent and as mired in political considerations as much, if not more, than the Republicans.

Sounds interesting. I marked it down so I can keep my eyes out for it.

ZooGirl02

Admittedly the Republicans can be difficult sometimes although I do identify with that party. It is sad that they are like this... at least on some issues anyway. That said, if they are engaging in obstructionist tactics to prevent "pro-choice" legislation from being passed for example or they are doing so to prevent efforts to redefine marriage then I completely support them.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Admittedly the Republicans can be difficult sometimes although I do identify with that party. It is sad that they are like this... at least on some issues anyway. That said, if they are engaging in obstructionist tactics to prevent "pro-choice" legislation from being passed for example or they are doing so to prevent efforts to redefine marriage then I completely support them.

What other rights are you going to hand over to your government? Abortion issues are between the woman and her doctor. The republican party is against Obamacare because they feel it's too intrusive yet they back any effort from the state all the way up to the federal govt. to restrict or ban a woman's right to make her own medical decisions.....Do you not see the irony here.

And what difference would it make if gay people could marry? How would it affect you? What business is it of ours as to who marries who? We now have a few states including DC where marriage is legal...How has it affected you?

Last edited:

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Why shouldn't Republican attempt to block some of the things that Obama wants if they disagree with the policy. Many of us totally agree with some things that the House of Representatives is doing. You will hopefully note that it is called House Of Representative. This means, if you happen to forget, that the people who sent their Representative to Congress is to Represent them and to make known their wishes. This is not a dictatorship as some of you seem to believe. How can I say this? Well I continue to here from some of you that Obama can not run the country his way. And as some of you say "Get over it".

Because the excessive use of such tactics completely destroys the ability of government to function at all. The American government has always found ways to compromise and work together-- and it's not like everyone was all kumbaya about each others' policies before. Why is this so hugely different? The problem isn't policy disagreement; it's about one party trying to destroy the American government.

I find this sort of purposeful dismantling of government to be just about as unpatriotic and traitorous as it can get in this day and age.

And worse, at heart, it isn't even about a disagreement in policies. It is about throwing one massive temper tantrum about Obama getting elected. If you had been paying attention, most of the things Obama has tried to get put through were things that 10 years ago, the Republicans were suggesting themselves.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Many of us totally agree with some things that the House of Representatives is doing. You will hopefully note that it is called House Of Representative. This means, if you happen to forget, that the people who sent their Representative to Congress is to Represent them and to make known their wishes.
Many totally agree? I guess that's why the House of Representatives ratings are so high then.

The only reason that the Republicans have a majority in the House of Representatives is because they have ruthlessly and shamelessly gerrymandered their districts.

tytlyf

Not Religious
That said, if they are engaging in obstructionist tactics to prevent "pro-choice" legislation from being passed for example or they are doing so to prevent efforts to redefine marriage then I completely support them.
You do realize that is a complete slap in the face of the Constitution? You actually support christian legislation. In no way should people be pursuing any laws with a religious motivation. When you do that, people are not equal.