• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republican fear machine...again!

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
Was it just me, or did anyone else get the impression the Republicans were trying to blaim the attack on Iran? And what do they mean, "We didn't choose this war"? I'm pretty sure we did...

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I don't know which is more sad; the fact that they're still trying to milk 9/11 as a cheap political ploy, or that people are still buying it.

UnityNow101

Was it just me, or did anyone else get the impression the Republicans were trying to blaim the attack on Iran? And what do they mean, "We didn't choose this war"? I'm pretty sure we did...

I get that same impression from the video as well. The montage starts out with something to the affect of, "It all started in Iran, hostages were taken, blah, blah, blah."...

UnityNow101

I don't know which is more sad; the fact that they're still trying to milk 9/11 as a cheap political ploy, or that people are still buying it.

They clearly know what has worked in the past, that is for sure. We can only hope that the American people are going to be smarter than to buy all of this nonsense...This plays well with the conservative base, so we are probably going to see much more of this.

PureX

Veteran Member
Does anyone else find this 9/11 tribute shown at the Republican National Convention to be as disturbing as I do? I knew that they liked to use fear as a tactic to get elected, but my god....This is going to the extreme.

YouTube - The 9-11 Tribute at the RNC - And Olbermann's Reaction
The sad thing is that there is no proof whatever that they have done anything to lessen the threat of another attack. Yet because one has not happened, they will very happily lie and take credit for that. And most of the american people have fallen for that lie. That's WHY they are using the threat as a campaign device.

tomspug

Absorbant
The tone is a little graver than necessary (the music sounded like it came out of a horror movie), but it's historically accurate. All of those events are linked (they also left out the previous attack on the Twin Towers), with the exception of Iran. Why that was in there, I don't know. However, it is remembered as being a terrorist event, and Iran is currently one of the major sponsors of the current war on terror. We know that they give al-Qaeda weapons, as well as Hezbollah, for the purpose of making our wars more difficult.

What Olbermann said was him trying to sound like he had moral high-ground, but this is from the same guy who showed the Abu Guraib photos HOW many times?

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
The tone is a little graver than necessary (the music sounded like it came out of a horror movie), but it's historically accurate. All of those events are linked (they also left out the previous attack on the Twin Towers), with the exception of Iran. Why that was in there, I don't know. However, it is remembered as being a terrorist event, and Iran is currently one of the major sponsors of the current war on terror. We know that they give al-Qaeda weapons, as well as Hezbollah, for the purpose of making our wars more difficult.

Yes, but doesn't it speak volumes when you consider that Iraq wasn't mentioned in the clip? They mention Iran somehow being involved... yet we invaded Iraq as a result of 9/11, not Iran. Seems the video is saying, "Well... we're going to take out Iran next".

What Olbermann said was him trying to sound like he had moral high-ground, but this is from the same guy who showed the Abu Guraib photos HOW many times?

Agreed. He does seem a little... up his own ***.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
The sad thing is that there is no proof whatever that they have done anything to lessen the threat of another attack. Yet because one has not happened, they will very happily lie and take credit for that. And most of the american people have fallen for that lie. That's WHY they are using the threat as a campaign device.

What I give them credit for is not protecting us in the first place and allowing it to happen once..

How they are protecting us now Im not sure..Except getting harrased in the airports..and in my case having my brokerage account put under restrictions untill I changed my social security card(after 20 years) to match my married name....

Love

Dallas