• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reproduction needs to stop.

Magurk

xALFx Soldier
Reproduction is only bringing the earth's end at a quicker rate. Aside from robbing this earth of its resources and its creatures, Earth cannot support 6 billion people. Reproduction is only bringing the end, it needs to stop.

Magurk

xALFx Soldier
Sex yes, the act of reproduction, ney. Its not that i want the entire population to evaporate, rather not increase it. Have you checked you gas prices lately?!

Resources are limited, im just trying to solve the problem.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Magurk said:
Sex yes, the act of reproduction, ney. Its not that i want the entire population to evaporate, rather not increase it. Have you checked you gas prices lately?!

Resources are limited, im just trying to solve the problem.
Gods! There's either reproduction, or there's not. If there's no reproduction, of course the population is going to diminish. And what you're left with is an aging population and a diminishing workforce. That will cause problems of it's own. If you want to solve problems, think of all the possible ramifications of your solutions and make sure you're not throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Maybe we should have forced abortions. Lottery for it or something. Like the draft. Your number comes up, you have 72 hours to report to the nearest government clinic.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Magurk said:
Reproduction is only bringing the earth's end at a quicker rate. Aside from robbing this earth of its resources and its creatures, Earth cannot support 6 billion people. Reproduction is only bringing the end, it needs to stop.

Seriously, how do you think you could stop reproduction? The spread of HIV and AIDS in third world countries is proof enough that the population do nothing whatsoever to use contraception................

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
michet, great point. Unedited, Mr Emu, too funny! Better then coffee for keeping me awake! :biglaugh:

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Magurk said:
Sex yes, the act of reproduction, ney.

you mean the two don't go hand in hand! *contemplates this* hmmm, my school biology teacher would beg to differ...

im safe, as i am not going to reproduce anyway...... but others want to, and you yourself are an offspring from this method, are you not?

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
Over-population is a serious problem. No doubt in my mind about that, and its only part of a whole host of issues concerning ecosystems and our symbiotic relationship with them that we have barely begun to appreciate as significant. However, insisting people do not have children, even forcing them not to, would be ineffective and bitterly cruel. Magurk you will have to do better. We all have to do better.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Magurk said:
Overpopulation is an issue that more people need to take seriously and be educated about. However, stopping reproduction is neither the answer nor is it practical.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Magurk said:
Well...OK...now that you have identified the problem, perhaps you could outline your plan to solve it. In case you haven't worked out the details, here are some points you might want to ponder:
  • Who should decide which people are going to reproduce?
  • Who's going to decide when they've produced enough?
  • Isn't it possible that we're not overpopulated, but rather some peoples have not properly adapted to their environment?
  • Isn't it also true that many impoverished countries are ruled by totalitarian regimes in which the ruling class lives in incredible opulence while the people starve?
  • Perhaps the problem isn't overpopulation but a distribution of food problem.
I don't doubt that you mean well and are 'trying to solve the problem', but from your posts, I do not get the impression that you have thought out the logistics of improving things. Good luck with your crusade, though.:)

evearael

I hate to quote myself, but it would irritating to type again...

I suggest people take responsibility for their sexuality... 49% of pregnancies in the US in '94 were unplanned.
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/3002498.html
This is why I suggest activism to fight global poverty and human rights violations...
"[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]between 1995 and 2000, the world's 1.3 billion women between the ages of 15 and 45 experienced more than 1.2 billion pregnancies. Of these, more than 300 million - or more than one quarter - were unintended."[/FONT]
http://www.globalhealth.org/news/article/2319

Look at Europe... with a declining native population, immigration is the only thing keeping the decline from being too rapid. So just stopping having kids isn't enough, because in a capitalist system there will always be haves and have nots. As long as Americans live an extravagent lifestyle, there will always be a demand to move here, thus solving nothing. Fighting to alleviate poverty and end human rights abuses, coupled with reproductive responsibility, globally, and environmental protection are the only way out.

So unless you are fighting for the end of capitalism, your method of simply stop reproducing will not work. How motivated will people be to save the earth in the face of economic collapse?