• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remember that guy who threw dollar bills at the Parkinson's sufferer?

KatNotKathy

The man who berated and tossed dollar bills at a man with Parkinson's disease during a health care protest last week says he is remorseful and scared.
"I snapped. I absolutely snapped and I can't explain it any other way," said Chris Reichert of Victorian Village, in a Dispatch interview.

In his first comments on an incident that went viral across the Internet and was repeatedly played on cable television news shows, Reichert said he is sorry about his confrontation with Robert A. Letcher, 60, of the North Side. Letcher, a former nuclear engineer who suffers from Parkinson's, was verbally attacked as he sat before anti-health care demonstrators in front of Rep. Mary Jo Kilroy's district office last week.

"He's got every right to do what he did and some may say I did too, but what I did was shameful," Reichert said. "I haven't slept since that day."
http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten.../dollar-bill-throw.html?type=rss&cat=&sid=101

It feels shame, how cute.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
At least shame shows a bit of humanity.

Now if the protesters who shouted n'ger and f'got at our Congressmen would publicly express some shame, there may be a little hope for the Tea Baggers.

Alceste

Vagabond
We had a conservative premier (head honcho) in Alberta who got drunk and threw money at a homeless shelter - he was ticked because he was supposed to go in for a Christmas photo op but the staff wouldn't let him in on account of their rule keeping out intoxicated people. I've never quite understood throwing money at poor people as a political statement. Seems to say "I am too stupid and / or corrupt to figure out a fiscal policy that will use our collective resources to help rectify our social problems, so I am going to have a tantrum at somebody who is suffering because of my incompetence".

Alceste

Vagabond
Christ alighty. Here's the video.

Dispatch Video | The Columbus Dispatch

WARNING: do not watch if you have a conscience and a weak stomach... unless you have a bucket.

amazons3_bucket.jpg

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I'm shocked (though maybe I shouldn't be) by just how emotional and dramatic this is turning out to be. I mean, people are getting really, deeply and profoundly, angry!

Just today, I was accosted by some guys collecting signatures to impeach Obama. Yesterday I saw a sign on someone's truck that said "Impeach Obama and his Nazi Commie Thugs."

Is it just me, or is this rather drastic? I realize this is a huge change for America, but it seems that people need reminding that there are Americans still dying and bundles of American taxes being spent on the "War on Terrorism."

Alceste

Vagabond
I'm shocked (though maybe I shouldn't be) by just how emotional and dramatic this is turning out to be. I mean, people are getting really, deeply and profoundly, angry!

Just today, I was accosted by some guys collecting signatures to impeach Obama. Yesterday I saw a sign on someone's truck that said "Impeach Obama and his Nazi Commie Thugs."

Is it just me, or is this rather drastic? I realize this is a huge change for America, but it seems that people need reminding that there are Americans still dying and bundles of American taxes being spent on the "War on Terrorism."

The irony is, it isn't even that big of a change. It's still business as usual, but with a couple loopholes that enrich insurance companies at the expense of American lives removed and a few tax adjustments on the rich to fund a minor expansion of existing government programs nobody is complaining about.

Makes me think the drama has nothing to do with the legislation. How could it? It doesn't change anything. The rage, I think, is partly because Obama is not white enough, and partly because the authoritarians among you can't cope with not having their way any more now that Bush is out of the picture. It makes them angry.

gnomon

The most incredible thing is that this is even a news story.

Definitely a rally the troops type of thing.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

So that makes it all right in how they implemented the health care law? And as far as the war on terror goes, Obama's plan is to.......Another thread, another time.

Plus when did it become the norm to pass legislation's solely based on emotional feeling?
Where are and what happened with initiating and debating over impact studies and researching core systemic causes prior to any planned action to be taken in that which if you were to do this, that will happen as a result?
What happened to possessing any foresight as to what the potential consequences are from multiple aspects? Don't our representatives even study things like this anymore?

To me, This rubber stamped mess seems to be done with an intent to increase government power, enrich certain insurance czars, and to insure future re-election support done via brainwashing the citizenry by their heartstrings and already overly strained wallets with the reasoning that that you don't really hate sick people.... Do you? :eek: