• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious rules/guidelines

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
“The harmful effects of really high fat diets only apply to vegans. They have no baring on others.”

Eternal law is eternal law. While a chicken church has no business trying to force or punish a given person for violating one of their rules the core nature of eternal law means that it applies to all. I can’t just ignore the law of gravity. It will find me and I am subject to it.
But here's the thing about actual eternal laws: they don't need your help.

Someone who really loves the law of gravity doesn't need to go around yanking down things that they think ought to be falling. If the gravity lover is right, things will fall down on their own, and if something hasn't fallen down, this is a sign that the person's understanding of gravity is wrong.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Then let's make it more difficult. Assumed your colleagues at work and your boss were "omnivores" and you were allowed to eat kosher or halal food only. Howmany times can you decline their invitations unless they think you're "weird"?

I know that I am not the person you asked this, but in my situation, most people who I work with know that I am a vegetarian and teetotaler. They’re pretty respectful about it. I’m weird as fudge, but you know what, all of us are interesting people where I work. :)

Audie

Veteran Member
I know that I am not the person you asked this, but in my situation, most people who I work with know that I am a vegetarian and teetotaler. They’re pretty respectful about it. I’m weird as fudge, but you know what, all of us are interesting people where I work. :)
I'm not "a" teetotler or vegetarian.

I just don't drink or eat meat.

Messianic Israelite

The rules or guidelines in any religion or spiritual teaching only apply to those who follow the religion they believe in.

The rules don't account for those who are not believers of the religious teaching.

Any thoughts?

Hi Seeker of White Light. 1 John 3:4 says "Whosoever commits sin also transgresses the Law, for sin is the transgression of the Law." It doesn't say believers can sin, but atheists can't. Yahweh wants the whole world to keep His Laws (Matthew 24:14). But in the latter days, the plagues of Revelation will be poured forth on a world that has rejected the message of the Bible. That message is that Yahshua came to bring us back to the keeping of the Biblical Law by performing the role of a sin sacrifice for us, allowing us to receive forgiveness for our sins and to bestow His Holy Spirit upon us so we have the power and strength to keep His Law and be in His Kingdom.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Hi Seeker of White Light. 1 John 3:4 says "Whosoever commits sin also transgresses the Law, for sin is the transgression of the Law." It doesn't say believers can sin, but atheists can't. Yahweh wants the whole world to keep His Laws (Matthew 24:14). But in the latter days, the plagues of Revelation will be poured forth on a world that has rejected the message of the Bible. That message is that Yahshua came to bring us back to the keeping of the Biblical Law by performing the role of a sin sacrifice for us, allowing us to receive forgiveness for our sins and to bestow His Holy Spirit upon us so we have the power and strength to keep His Law and be in His Kingdom.
Just understand that if you try to impose "His Law" on me, I'm going to demand a say in your religion.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Eternal law is very objective. I suppose one can debate what is subjective(lol).

The rules of a given game are subject to change, but the laws of physics are static. Our understanding might change a great deal over time, but Newton did not invent a law getting snaked by an apple. He wrote down what was going on.

latter we would make more discoveries and refine his work, but the law was always there.

You're using two different meanings of "law" as if they were the same.

The "law" of gravity is a description of how the physical world works. The "law" against murder is a human created rule that has to be enforced.