• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious belief and Dixie Chicks

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date
A

angellous_evangellous

Can one be religiously devout to any religion and listen to the Dixie Chicks? :confused:

Has anyone compiled a video of the Chicks and LOTR? (see signature)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I don't ever listen to the Dixie Chicks but I am sure that one can be religious and listen to them.

eXiled

I like logic.
Can someone please explain to me what listening to some lame band has to do with being devoutly religious?
Can someone listen to (insert band name or singer here) and be devoutly religious?

Am I missing something?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Can someone please explain to me what listening to some lame band has to do with being devoutly religious?
Can someone listen to (insert band name or singer here) and be devoutly religious?

Am I missing something?
Evidently, your inability to understand is not limited to this area, as it is apparent that you also do not understand humor either. :flirt:

eXiled

I like logic.
Evidently, your inability to understand is not limited to this area, as it is apparent that you also do not understand humor either. :flirt:
:eek:My apologies! I was led to believe that a 'debate' forum was for debating. I'm so terribly sorry that my knowledge of reading and defining words caused you to take the time to point out that, in your opinion, I have no sense of humor. :sad4: Tell me. How did you come to such a masterful conclusion? And please! Retort with another joke about something I am deficient in! I wait with baited breath...:rolleyes:

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Lame is as lame does.

I loved the fact that the Dixie Chicks stood up against the current Republican Regime and spoke out against Bush and Haliburton's War. They are true heroes in my book because they took a stand while many were paralyzed with fear at appearing unpatriotic.

You mock them and call them lame, and yet when have you produced so much as a single or won a Grammy? Such condescension is typical of people who want to feel superior when they have not accomplished a thing in their lives. Perhaps you would do better to be a bit more circumspect with your criticisms especially when the people you are criticizing have more than eclipsed your accomplishments in that field.

FWIW, I felt that their rendition of Landslide was even more haunting than the original so I guess that makes me lame too. Their harmonies and lyrics are wonderful as well, and it's OK if you don't like them. But calling them lame only shows your inability to appreciate a different culture. Your loss actually.

A

angellous_evangellous

:eek:My apologies! I was led to believe that a 'debate' forum was for debating. I'm so terribly sorry that my knowledge of reading and defining words caused you to take the time to point out that, in your opinion, I have no sense of humor. :sad4: Tell me. How did you come to such a masterful conclusion? And please! Retort with another joke about something I am deficient in! I wait with baited breath...:rolleyes:

Note:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/music/62293-texans-dixie-chicks-willie-nelson.html
A song for the chicks