• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

religions and hate?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Your claim was Islam was responsible for the worst genocide on Earth known to man, perpetrated in India. When asked for proof you cited some opinions on wikiquote, two of which read as follows:

There does not exist a history of ancient India. Their books contain no historical data whatever, except for a few religious books in which historical information is buried under a heap of parables and folk-lore, and their buildings and other monuments also do nothing to fill the void for the oldest among them do not go beyond the third century B.C. To discover facts about India of the ancient times is as difficult a task as the discovery of the island of Atlantis, which, according to Plato, was destroyed due to the changes of the earth... The historical phase of India began with the Muslim invasion. Muslims were India's first historians.
...I became more than ever convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the prophet, the scrupulous regard for his pledges, his intense devotion to his friends and followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and his own mission. These, and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every trouble.
  • Mahatma. K. Gandhi said about the spread of Islam in the 7th century Arabia: Young India, (1924)
We see two problems with your assertion, the first is Muslims are regarded as being the first Historians of India yet no credible citations from them and one of the best known Indian figures of all time Mahatma Ghandi clearly says Islam was not spread by the sword, as evidenced around the World today and Historically on Islands such as Indonesia.

Make no mistake, Muslims in spreading the Religion of GOD met their enemies head-on in battle and this like any other battle in History lead to loss of life, and there have been a minority of Muslims leaders, who have sanctioned horrible crimes against those they ruled over. Muhammad pbuh predicted the worst of people would eventually become leaders over the people, leaders who were far from the Qur'an and Sunnah.

There are very few reliable sources showing death tolls due to Religion in those years.

Sorry but the last 100 years shows very few, (if any?) wars were because of Religion.

Haha FreeThoughtPedia

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Such weak endeavours will never have much of an impact. The more Science moves forward, the more we see evidence pointing to Design and Creation.

You said very few wars of the last hundred years were because of religion and I provided information that shows its the opposite.

I'll now provide from your own religion a hadith pronounced shih that shows the invasion of India wasn't peaceful.
islamqa.info/en/148529.

Not sure why you mention "the more Science moves forward" " part,I don't see that as relevant but hey you should open a thread so we can all be amazed by the massive amount of evidence you have for" pointing to Design and creation", good luck with that one.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
You said very few wars of the last hundred years were because of religion and I provided information that shows its the opposite.
I must have missed that. Can you post it again or point me the relevant post?

I'll now provide from your own religion a hadith pronounced shih that shows the invasion of India wasn't peaceful.
islamqa.info/en/148529.

..."concerning the events of 149 AH: in that year, Mahmoud ibn Sabuktigin invaded India, and met the king of India in battle. There was a great deal of fighting among the people, then the fighting ended with a great defeat for India, and the Muslims killed many of them and captured a great deal of booty from them, including gemstones, gold and silver. They also took from them two hundred elephants and they tried to pursue those who fled the battlefield, and destroyed many temples. Al-Bidaayah wa’n-Nihaayah (12/8)"

Consistent with what I've been saying in this thread, but nothing like the biggest Genocide in Human History you make it out to be. Notice two armies met on the battlefield and one overcame the other. Temples dedicated to many Gods do not enjoy the same status of protection afforded to Churches and Synagogues, that's just how it is and I'm in no position to apologise for it, especially when you consider Hindus are aware of ONE Supreme GOD.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I must have missed that. Can you post it again or point me the relevant post?

..."concerning the events of 149 AH: in that year, Mahmoud ibn Sabuktigin invaded India, and met the king of India in battle. There was a great deal of fighting among the people, then the fighting ended with a great defeat for India, and the Muslims killed many of them and captured a great deal of booty from them, including gemstones, gold and silver. They also took from them two hundred elephants and they tried to pursue those who fled the battlefield, and destroyed many temples. Al-Bidaayah wa’n-Nihaayah (12/8)"

Consistent with what I've been saying in this thread, but nothing like the biggest Genocide in Human History you make it out to be. Notice two armies met on the battlefield and one overcame the other. Temples dedicated to many Gods do not enjoy the same status of protection afforded to Churches and Synagogues, that's just how it is and I'm in no position to apologise for it, especially when you consider Hindus are aware of ONE Supreme GOD.

The hadith shows that it was an invasion, one of many and as you say there isn't much in written material but it does show quite clearly that Islam like Christianity were and still are aggressive religions.

The Hindu supreme God is at least on a par with yours, as the most religious places in the world where they are worshipped are equally miserable places to be for many.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Here's the relevant post
I see the confusion. My post was in reply to the link you posted...

Here, click it and see for yourself: FreeThoughtPedia

FreeThoughtPedia.com was launched to provide a central repository for resources relating to debate and discussion on a wide variety of issues surrounding the critical thinking movement, including Religion, Atheism, Science, Debate Techniques and more.

The hadith shows that it was an invasion, one of many and as you say there isn't much in written material but it does show quite clearly that Islam like Christianity were and still are aggressive religions.
Nothing like the Biggest Genocide in Human History though eh ;)

Rather than swallow propaganda, study source materials for yourself. Ignorance is no defence in Law, and one would hate to it leading to people condemning themselves in the hereafter.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I see the confusion. My post was in reply to the link you posted...

Here, click it and see for yourself: FreeThoughtPedia

FreeThoughtPedia.com was launched to provide a central repository for resources relating to debate and discussion on a wide variety of issues surrounding the critical thinking movement, including Religion, Atheism, Science, Debate Techniques and more.

Nothing like the Biggest Genocide in Human History though eh ;)

Rather than swallow propaganda, study source materials for yourself. Ignorance is no defence in Law, and one would hate to it leading to people condemning themselves in the hereafter.[/QUOTE

Your hereafter condemns people to burning coal so you can keep it :), interestingly there are Muslim historians who write about this slaughter ://www.ibiblio.org/britishraj, one of the interesting quotes from Timurs is "the proselytising sword", of course there were no forced conversions in Islam right?.
Anyway back to religion and hate for which Indian history provides a good example, Pakistan especially.