• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

religions and hate?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
You're ignoring the horrible India partition slaughter of Muslims by Hindus, the Myanmar mess and others.

I think if you want to play the numbers game there's no no contest, the Muslim invasion of India has been the bloodiest in history and amounted to genocide of epic proportions.

I'm not proud of the handling of partition by my country and don't think it should have happened but the problem of religion has been there since the first Muslim invasion.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Wiki quote is not wikepedia, this is wikipedia';

Muslim conquests of the Indian subcontinent - Wikipedia
Well done on educating the poorly informed. As expected there's nothing from credible historians about the mother of all genocides.

Haters would have us believe, the Muslims practically wiped out the Hindus, yet we see Hindus, (who don't take births of daughters well), managed to outbreed the Muslims to a overwhelming majority making up 80% of the Indian population as it stands today. Go figure.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
the Buddhists largely disappeared from India, how did that happen??

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
the Buddhists largely disappeared from India, how did that happen??
Isn't Buddhism just a branch of Hinduism?

In Indonesia, where no Muslim army was sent, the Buddhists/Hindus largely reverted to Islam. Maybe it's a similar story in India?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I think if you want to play the numbers game there's no no contest, the Muslim invasion of India has been the bloodiest in history and amounted to genocide of epic proportions.

I'm not proud of the handling of partition by my country and don't think it should have happened but the problem of religion has been there since the first Muslim invasion.
I know of no evidence for that contention.

The partition of India resulted in the slaughter of 1-2 million on both sides.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I know of no evidence for that contention.

The partition of India resulted in the slaughter of 1-2 million on both sides.

en.m.wikipedia.org, history proves it, that's without the partition violence and the cow riots of the 1890s,it should be remembered that Islam was the invader here.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Yeah well I wouldn't get on such a high horse when England has been responsible for so many atrocities and mass killings throughout history, why does every Islamophobe hold Islam to such a higher standard than their own mostly Christian countries??

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Yeah well I wouldn't get on such a high horse when England has been responsible for so many atrocities and mass killings throughout history, why does every Islamophobe hold Islam to such a higher standard than their own mostly Christian countries??

I have no problem with accepting the truth of our history, what the British empire did in africa and India for example was appalling so your wrong.

The British empire has gone and so has the Islamic empire, the British created the empire mostly by violence so I don't understand the reluctance of some Muslims to admit their peace and love religions history of violence.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I have no problem with accepting the truth of our history, what the British empire did in africa and India for example was appalling so your wrong.

The British empire has gone and so has the Islamic empire, the British created the empire mostly by violence so I don't understand the reluctance of some Muslims to admit their peace and love religions history of violence.

Just to add that any criticism of Islam the old chestnut of "Islamophobe" is produced yawn so hoes this, both Islam and Christianity are proselytising religions and wherever they've been in this world its produced lots of dead and persecuted people.

The Christian empire or Catholic Holy see
Also committed atrocities just like Islam so as we see these two religions do in fact
Cause division and hate which brings us back to the thread title.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
en.m.wikipedia.org, history proves it, that's without the partition violence and the cow riots of the 1890s,it should be remembered that Islam was the invader here.
Just like Christians were the invaders in the Americas and caused millions of deaths as well as ethnic cleansing in the USA.

Perhaps even worse was the Mongol slaughter.

There is nothing particularly historically different about one group invading and conquering another - it's been the tale of humanity in recorded history.

And in fact, India, northern India to be precise, was a pretty peaceful place until partition.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Just like Christians were the invaders in the Americas and caused millions of deaths as well as ethnic cleansing in the USA.

Perhaps even worse was the Mongol slaughter.

There is nothing particularly historically different about one group invading and conquering another - it's been the tale of humanity in recorded history.

And in fact, India, northern India to be precise, was a pretty peaceful place until partition.

Yes proselytising religions are good at that which brings with it hate and dead people, lots of dead people, your not serious about norern India was peaceful pre partition.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yes proselytising religions are good at that which brings with it hate and dead people, lots of dead people, your not serious about norern India was peaceful pre partition.
I am totally serious. Hindus and Buddhists have also slaughtered many and were responsible for a terrible death toll during India partition and now in Burma. Religion is the excuse not the cause.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I am totally serious. Hindus and Buddhists have also slaughtered many and were responsible for a terrible death toll during India partition and now in Burma. Religion is the excuse not the cause.

We're talking all the way up to partition, over a thousand year span,sure religion is the best catalyst for war hate and division, always has been and always will.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Just to add that any criticism of Islam the old chestnut of "Islamophobe" is produced yawn so hoes this, both Islam and Christianity are proselytising religions and wherever they've been in this world its produced lots of dead and persecuted people.

The Christian empire or Catholic Holy see
Also committed atrocities just like Islam so as we see these two religions do in fact
Cause division and hate which brings us back to the thread title.

Your claim was Islam was responsible for the worst genocide on Earth known to man, perpetrated in India. When asked for proof you cited some opinions on wikiquote, two of which read as follows:

There does not exist a history of ancient India. Their books contain no historical data whatever, except for a few religious books in which historical information is buried under a heap of parables and folk-lore, and their buildings and other monuments also do nothing to fill the void for the oldest among them do not go beyond the third century B.C. To discover facts about India of the ancient times is as difficult a task as the discovery of the island of Atlantis, which, according to Plato, was destroyed due to the changes of the earth... The historical phase of India began with the Muslim invasion. Muslims were India's first historians.
...I became more than ever convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the prophet, the scrupulous regard for his pledges, his intense devotion to his friends and followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and his own mission. These, and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every trouble.
  • Mahatma. K. Gandhi said about the spread of Islam in the 7th century Arabia: Young India, (1924)
We see two problems with your assertion, the first is Muslims are regarded as being the first Historians of India yet no credible citations from them and one of the best known Indian figures of all time Mahatma Ghandi clearly says Islam was not spread by the sword, as evidenced around the World today and Historically on Islands such as Indonesia.

Make no mistake, Muslims in spreading the Religion of GOD met their enemies head-on in battle and this like any other battle in History lead to loss of life, and there have been a minority of Muslims leaders, who have sanctioned horrible crimes against those they ruled over. Muhammad pbuh predicted the worst of people would eventually become leaders over the people, leaders who were far from the Qur'an and Sunnah.

We're talking all the way up to partition, over a thousand year span
There are very few reliable sources showing death tolls due to Religion in those years.

,sure religion is the best catalyst for war hate and division, always has been and always will.
Sorry but the last 100 years shows very few, (if any?) wars were because of Religion.