• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion is passe,

mho123

Atheist
I believe because Hes real, I don't need proof of that any more than I need proof that my daughter is real.
As far as following the group and being genuine, I follow no group.
That is why I concider my self a non religious Christian, I dont follow the christian group I follow Christ, my christianity is from christ not the organized christian religion or church.
As far as being genuine, I have made no claimes of being the genuine or true way. There is only one genuine way or true way, that is Christ.
I do believe in GOD, He and Christ are as real to me as my family.
What I am not interested in is the Cerimonys, Liturgys, Holidays, Letter of the law, Idol worship, hatred and false teachings that go with modern organized christianity.
Christ did not teach Church Buildings, Organization, Cerimony or any of that stuff.
What I am interested in is what Christ taught, Life, Love, Service, Charity, Truth.
Christ did not start a religion or church, He taught the true way to live,
He taught us how to be an everyday family not a once a week congregation.
In all of this I still have not answered your first question, Why do I believe.
I guess the reason that question is so difficult for people to answer is due to the fact that believe is the wrong word.
I do not believe in GOD, I know GOD personaly.
I do not follow a group nor do I wish to start a group or teach others.
I do not want people to believe what I believe or to think that what I believe is the correct way to go.
What I want is to learn as much as I can about what Christ taught while I still have enough life left to learn, I want to live that life to the best of my ability as an example that others can see. then they can decide themselvs whether I am crazy, Heretical, delusional, or what ever term they choose for me.
If someone agrees with the way I live I will discuss it with them if they wish, I wont if they dont wish.
If some one disagrees with me that is their right and I will defend their right to disagree with me.
When I was young I was forced into religion, before that I already knew
GOD, no one taught me I just knew.
After I was forced into religion I learned the DIFFERENCE between GOD and religion.
I then left religion but stayed in the relationship with GOD.
Lastly you do not need to apologize, I do not feel like you were criticizing me.
Most people find it hard to understand my relationship with GOD, Most christians would prefer to hang me for heresy.
And all of this is due to the fact that most people equate GOD, and Jesus with religion as though they are all the same thing, They are not the same thing.

Thanks for your explanation and your time .
Although it 's difficult for me to exactly understand how and why you believe ,(know) and being an atheïst , since i dont believe in Jezus and God i cant quite get it ( comprehend it ) your philosophy , but whatever , you have YouR philosophy Your way of acceptance of Jezus as an idol ( simple wourds )and you dare to stand for your choice whatever people say / think of you . In my book that deserves respect .
Wheather they say you are crazy / deluisonal or whatever , all i can say that i would prefer believers like you 10 times more than THE rest .
I would say dont let anyone criticise you ,call you crazy or whatever, but i know you wont :)
take care
peace

Random

Is it true that religion is passe and that we should stop believing in god ?

Once, when being religious was the default norm, it took no real courage to be religious.

Now, being religious is no longer the default norm, and so it requires courage to be religious.

The weak are thus being weeded out.

Yea, I have spoken; I who am. Yea.

Thanks for your explanation and your time .
Although it 's difficult for me to exactly understand how and why you believe ,(know) and being an atheïst , since i dont believe in Jezus and God i cant quite get it ( comprehend it ) your philosophy , but whatever , you have YouR philosophy Your way of acceptance of Jezus as an idol ( simple wourds )and you dare to stand for your choice whatever people say / think of you . In my book that deserves respect .
Wheather they say you are crazy / deluisonal or whatever , all i can say that i would prefer believers like you 10 times more than THE rest .
I would say dont let anyone criticise you ,call you crazy or whatever, but i know you wont :)
take care
peace

Thanks for your respect, and in turn you deffinatly have mine in return.
I believe you are the one who deserves the most respect here as you are
the one with the toughest battle.
Me, Modern christians just want to see me go away because I challenge
everything they teach, You on the other hand they want to convert and
they stop at nothing to do so including hatred and war.
You ask to understand without judgment, they ask to trick you into
agreement with them, without said agreement they judge harshly.
I would rather have 10 of you as friends than 10,000 of them.
Again thanks for your non judgment and your respect.
Peace to you and yours.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Once, when being religious was the default norm, it took no real courage to be religious.

Now, being religious is no longer the default norm, and so it requires courage to be religious.

The weak are thus being weeded out.

Yea, I have spoken; I who am. Yea.

That's odd, since the huge majority of Americans are both religious and Christian. So it takes tremendous courage to be the same as everyone around you?

Zadok

Zadok
Most people find it hard to understand my relationship with GOD, Most christians would prefer to hang me for heresy.

You are in good company - It was a Christian mob (including some ministers) that killed our prophet Joseph Smith. And it was Christians that drove my ancestors from their home (in winter) in the country of the USA that guaranteed freedom of religion according to the constitution (but not for Mormons). My ancestors and other Mormons fled from the USA into the western wilderness where one in five died of starvation or exposure (mostly women and small children).

Zadok

xkatz

Is it true that religion is passe and that we should stop believing in god ?

Religion is not necessarily passe, it's just that people are more aware and have more options now than ever before. People should only stop believing in god if they do not genuinely believe in it.

Last edited:

Random

That's odd, since the huge majority of Americans are both religious and Christian. So it takes tremendous courage to be the same as everyone around you?

No; America is the exception, due to many factors.

Americans have a corrupted idea of what real religion and faith are due to the all-pervasive cultural and political influence of Evangelical Protestantism, with all its capitalist, literalist and eschatological hyperbole.

In America, unbelievers are generally the cause of a moral panic amongst the faithful.

Not so for Europeans and Catholics such as myself; I see clearly, yea.

For as surely as the Sun doth rise e'er come morn, the future of the common lie belongs to the unbelievers; yea, though as always, truth eternal loves the one of faith.

Thus I have spoken.

Hear me.

Yea.

Last edited:

kejos

Americans have a corrupted idea of what real religion and faith are due to the all-pervasive cultural and political influence of Evangelical Protestantism, with all its capitalist, literalist and eschatological hyperbole.
That is what Americans call evangelicalism, which actually bears more underlying similarity to Catholicism than it does to real evangelicalism.