• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion and Space

Straw Dog

What religions acknowledge the existence of space for what it is? And how can one be believed in if it doesn't? I was on a christian chat the other day and they claimed that any alien life would be demonic? First of all if we are going off the christians interpretation i would call the opposing forces of god the good ones... but thats a point for another day. Anyways to deny alien life is foolish, theres simply too much of a chance for it to exist, maybe not close to the earth but still

The vastness of space is a prominent theme in this being's contemplations. To consider any life as alien is foolish to begin with. The 'others' are just waiting for us to wake up.

islam religion accept alien life like animal and plant exist in other planet

From Holy Quran about alien life

Among His signs is the creation of the sky heavens and the earth, and the 'dabba' (creatures) He spreads in them. He is able to gather them all if He so wills.” (Quran Sura 42:29)

Space exploration in Holy Quran

"O assembly of Jinns and Men, if you can penetrate regions of the sky heavens and the earth, then penetrate them! You will not penetrate them save with a Power." (Quran 55.33)

Other planet like earth in universe

Allah is the one who created seven sky heavens and from Earth like them (of corresponding type); [Allah] command descends among them (heavens and earths) so that you may know that Allah is capable of anything and that Allah knows everything. (Quran 65.12)

Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds. The Beneficent, the Merciful. Owner of the Day of Judgment. (Al-Fatiha - 1:1-3)

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
It's HIGHLY unlikely. Most of those hypotheses are based on misunderstandings of other cultures' iconography and histories, and in some cases, outright fabrication of facts.

Guh. That particular plot device in certain contemporary fictions irritates me so much. I don't think the people who write that stuff realize how disrespectful it is.

Etritonakin

What religions acknowledge the existence of space for what it is? And how can one be believed in if it doesn't? I was on a christian chat the other day and they claimed that any alien life would be demonic? First of all if we are going off the christians interpretation i would call the opposing forces of god the good ones... but thats a point for another day. Anyways to deny alien life is foolish, theres simply too much of a chance for it to exist, maybe not close to the earth but still

The "chance" for alien life to exist would not be chance at all if the entire universe was designed.
Calculations are based on the assumption of the absence of the necessity of creative influence -and relative uniformity throughout the universe.

Unfortunately, the non-biblical assumption by bible-believers that the earth itself is 6,000 years old has led many to assume that evolution is not a fact.
What is apparent is that both evolution and creativity exist in the universe. The question is... which was responsible for what at what point?

We know that the elements -which have not always existed and were formed by certain events -lend themselves to physical life and evolution.
We know that -at least at some point -evolution does not need creative influence to continue.
Evolution is essentially a life-designer -but is not aware that it is.
We know that certain things must have happened in a specific order to cause physical life to exist.
We know that order could possibly have been an inevitable chain of events set in motion by what we call the Big Bang.
However, we are not yet absolutely certain that creative influence was not required (an intelligence arranging atoms, etc, with intent) after the Big Bang in order to bring about the emergence of life.
We know all of the parts were then formed and available, but we cannot say with certainty that creative influence was absent -or not required.... such would require profound knowledge of the Big Bang and all that inevitably followed (or did not).

If life in general did not require creative influence (at least) after the big bang -and the universe is generally similar everywhere, then it is very likely that life/evolution exists -or will -in many places throughout the universe.

However, even if the emergence of life in general did not require creative influence after the Big Bang, even our own activities are evidence of life being affected by creative influence after the Big Bang.
So -we can now say with certainty that life has been affected by creative influence after the Big Bang -because we did it.
We are nearing the ability to design unique life forms -and eventually to create them "from scratch".
We already alter those in existence and have even synthesized DNA.
Life/evolution may have been inevitable, but that is not to say that inevitability was not by design at some point.

Even if life/evolution was inevitable after the Big Bang, life forms can also be created by designers after the Big Bang.

If life/evolution required creative influence after the Big bang, the Earth may very well be unique thus far -and we may be the creative influence which brings/creates life elsewhere.

Rom 8:18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

[Some have assumed that Adam was the first "man" by scientific definition -the first "human" on Earth -but the bible itself does not even support that belief.

From a biblical perspective, there is nothing which says God could not have caused evolution to come to pass -either by encoding it into the nature of the Big Bang or by creative activity afterward -and then also created certain life forms directly.
Technically, God could could have done any combination of things -setting evolution in motion -encoding specific changes over time -causing specific changes directly, etc...

Genesis actually suggests that Adam was created at least somewhat directly -and Eve directly from his material -but it also says that when Cain went out of Eden, he went to Nod and somehow found a wife.
Though Adam was formed from the dust of the ground (essentially the elements) -even perhaps directly -that is not to say God did not use data/"blueprints" from/similar to already-existing humanoids to do so.
Even if Adam did not have a humanoid mother and father, that is not to say that his DNA would even necessarily reflect it.
The differentiation later between the "sons of God" and the "daughters of men" might refer to (the specific man) Adam's line and humanoid lines already present -from which Cain found a wife in Nod.

In Job, God tells Job he has no idea what God was doing when he was constructing the Earth -and describes angels shouting for joy at its initial completion -the time of which is not specified.
Then, in Genesis, it is written that God created the heavens and the Earth -and that the Earth BECAME waste and ruin.
There is no specified amount of time between the initial completion of the Earth and its becoming waste and ruin -requiring the resurfacing/renewal described in Genesis (the "deep" was already there -which means the earth itself was already there).
The state of being/becoming waste and ruin also does not specifically indicate a completely lifeless condition or complete extinction event.
Certain creatures are specified to have been made in the "days" of creation -but that is not to say that they were the first to exist on Earth -or were not based on previous life forms.
(They were certainly more human-friendly when Adam was said to have lived than in previous times.)]

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Guh. That particular plot device in certain contemporary fictions irritates me so much. I don't think the people who write that stuff realize how disrespectful it is.

I'm not even Kemetic or Egyptian, and I'M offended by how often Egypt gets the "it was ALIENS!" treatment. (Forget that recent Hollywood bomb; it's a well-worn trope at this point.)

The skeptic-leaning documentary show "Is It Real?" once put it very well. To summarize: "The Pyramids were apparently built numerously by Atlanteans, Aliens; in fact, it was apparently built by everyone... except, of course, the Egyptians."

Of course, I'm not offended for the Egyptians from any lack of such disrespect from Western pop culture for our own culture and heritage. I'm pretty sure Stonehenge has been a UFO landing sight from time to time. Yeah, sure, a sacred Stone Circle which is a bit more complex than most others, which was built periodically over a period of about 4,000 years, and yet was still NEVER COMPLETED, was a UFO landing site... sure it was!! :mad: What about the solar-aligned to-scale concrete Stonehenge that was built in Washington State a century ago as a WWI memorial (based on theories about Stonehenge we now know to be false) and actually completed? Is that actually a UFO landing site, too?! What about the other one in Australia?

...sorry, I get really frustrated with this "IT WAS ALIENS" line of thinking. I sometimes watched that show "Ancient Aliens" just because it's so unintentionally comedic and yet so sincere in its convictions. ...which, come to think of it, is a trait it shares with Plan 9 From Outer Space. LOL