• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion and Politics

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Does your religious views inform your political views, or does your political views inform your religious views? Or are the two mutaully separate as far as you are concerned?

How does religion or politics inform the other of the two for you?

I have to say that for me, the 2 are totally separate. I am neither Democrat nor Republican- I don't even like politics. Besides, my husband is political enough for the both of us (he is a conservative)

rojse

RF Addict
I have to say that for me, the 2 are totally separate. I am neither Democrat nor Republican- I don't even like politics. Besides, my husband is political enough for the both of us (he is a conservative)

So religion does not inform your political views, or views on social issues at all?

BruceDLimber

You're allowed to vote, but you will not actively participate - you won't work for one particular political party, you won't hand out fliers or the like? Do I have that correct?

We don't get involved in anything partisan, no! So you're correct.

We have unity as our primary goal, and such activities tend merely to divide people.

The sole exception is anything clearly stated in the Baha'i scriptures. We always advocate education and racial harmony, for example!

Peace,
Bruce