• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Relations between religions?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Religious intolerance is a disease that in this age is becoming more dangerous and we need unity to eradicate it.
It's a tricky one, because it's Ego based, and worse it's Spiritual Ego based.

I think "Unity in Diversity" is the key.

We can’t just say we all agree that it is a bad thing but must actively promote good relations between religions.
Computers are used for many bad things, but the good thing is, that everyone has access to "information" now. In the past millennia churches withhold information, hence "it" spiralled out of control. Lies can't be covered up as easy now. Truth will emerge, I believe. The train started and can't be stopped (but might take some time).

What can we do to promote tolerance and goodwill between faiths?
Lack of those, means lack of Love flowing. This means that people have to address their emotional issues. Love is always there. Fear, sadness and anger/hate obstruct the free flow of love.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
It's a tricky one, because it's Ego based, and worse it's Spiritual Ego based.

I think "Unity in Diversity" is the key.

Computers are used for many bad things, but the good thing is, that everyone has access to "information" now. In the past millennia churches withhold information, hence "it" spiralled out of control. Lies can't be covered up as easy now. Truth will emerge, I believe. The teain started and can't be stopped (but might take some time).

Lack of those, means lack of Love flowing. This means that people have to address their emotional issues. Love is always there. Fear, sadness and anger/hate obstruct the free flow of love.

Very wisely said brother. Ego or ‘spiritual ego’ and the problem is those who have this intolerance disease think they are perfectly normal and we who haven’t become extremists are the sick ones!

But I think there are enough people of goodwill on earth to rid our world of things like religious and racial intolerance. The trend against these intolerances is growing rapidly but so are the fires of extremism. But I believe light always trumps darkness and in the end we will achieve peace but there’s hard work ahead.

Every person has a responsibility to create tooerance and oeace in his home and community.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Edward Burke)

stvdv

Should religionists be free to condemn other faiths publicly? One cannot stop them from doing it in secret but in Mosques or churches or any place of worship or giving talks should freedom of speech include the right to attack other faiths! Racism has been outlawed so what about religious intolerance and the promotion of it?
I went to a Baptist Church for 6 years, and quite a few times, when the "priest" attacked other (non) faith, I went to him afterwards and said "nice Sermon, but do you think Jesus would be pleased hearing you judging other religions? My Bible says" Do not judge, for... ".

Once he bashed Islam. This time I went over his head and wrote a long letter to the board (was a Mega Church) telling them something like:
"Your priest bashes Islam (=blasphemy) in sermon, then put sermon on internet. ISIS Muslim reads it, and before you know they put a bomb in this church. And I warn you now, so you can't tell Jesus you did not know, and I hold you and priest responsible if it happens".

God is great, within 2 weeks the Church got a serious ISIS bomb threat (they even put this big sword in the entrance with their note "your church will be next").

From then on, they had police all over the place. Scared the sjit out of them. They did not tell the normal people going to church about the threat (hypocrites, creating the violence and leaving members in danger).

Coincidentally when it happened I was there. So I knew. And I told many people.

But now 2 years after, the new priest starts bashing Islam also.

I did write him a big letter already. But I think I did not mention what happened before he came. Maybe I will tell him.

So, now and then I do my best. But not with the "sheep". I prefer telling the priest. Because the "sheep" blindly follow him.

stvdv

Very wisely said brother. Ego or ‘spiritual ego’ and the problem is those who have this intolerance disease think they are perfectly normal and we who haven’t become extremists are the sick ones!
Thank you, brother. We wrote quite similar replies to each other at the same time. Nice.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Edward Burke)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do GOOD.” (Taco)

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I might add ... and within others, as if God is within you, He's also within others. By looking down on others, you're looking down on God.

Vinayaka I see God within you. It feels good. Those are so very wise words. Thank you.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Vinayaka I see God within you. It feels good. Those are so very wise words. Thank you.

It is far easier to see God within some than in others, but like it or not, from the Hindu POV, God (as a spark of divinity) exists within all, no exception. There is no intrinsic evil.

Atheist, murderers, bigots, no exception.

Internet forums are not ideal places to interact with other souls. For one, the screen does not smile, or close its fist.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I was wondering why my ability to post on a Christian forum had been disabled. I never mentioned my religion but apparently they do ‘religious profiling’ and once they have determined your ‘type’ they treat you accordingly.

My account said ‘no restrictions’ but I could read only. So I went into the chat room where I had a very traumatic experience.ill never forget. The Christian said he didn’t know why I couldn’t post but then began an ‘interrogation’. I was literally on trial. He asked me if I believed in Jesus and I said yes and if Jesus was the truth and I again said yes then he said that I mentioned Jesus was a Prophet (Which Jesus Himself has said) but that He was God and so I was wrong.

I was told that it was determined by my posts that I was a ‘universalist ‘ and that was contrary to what the Bible teaches. So effectively I was banned because they did religious profiling and determined I was a universalist.

I later wrote them a well deserved scathing letter denouncing their pure bigotry, religious profiling and having me on trial in a chat room.

That was not a Christian forum although they call themselves that but I have never been treated and subject to such bigotry online than by these guys. I was shocked and sad at what some Christians have turned into and their hate for other religionists.

I hope soon I meet some nice good Christians to wipe the terrible experience I just had from my memory. How dare people call themselves religious while being so bigoted and even putting people on trial and interrogating them.

such shameless behaviour does not come from God but from very sick minded and diseased hearts.

Lets love all religionists, non religionists and welcome all with the light of oneness.

I feel sad right now, Of what benefit is such bigotry?
You are not alone. Five years ago, I had to start my own forum just so I could post to Christians in Christian forums without getting put on moderation or banned. Now they are on my turf if they come to my forum, and they can say anything they want to, but I only have one lone Christian on my forum and we got to be good friends even though we adamantly disagree. :D

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Christ taught love for all humanity, all religionists, even ones enemies.

Matthew 5:42-48 NIV

Love for Enemies

[43] “You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' [44] But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, [45] that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. [46] If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? [47] And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? [48] Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. …

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Christ taught love for all humanity, all religionists, even ones enemies.

Matthew 5:42-48 NIV

Love for Enemies

[43] “You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' [44] But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, [45] that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. [46] If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? [47] And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? [48] Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. …
Jesus stressed love but Baha'u'llah said this is the day of justice, so love and mercy must be tempered by justice.

It might be true that we should love them and pray for our enemies, I don't know the Baha'i position on that, but being kind to people who have a selfish private motive or a disease of the soul is not in anyone's best interest because it only increases their perversity.

“O ye beloved of the Lord! The Kingdom of God is founded upon equity and justice, and also upon mercy, compassion, and kindness to every living soul. Strive ye then with all your heart to treat compassionately all humankind—except for those who have some selfish, private motive, or some disease of the soul. Kindness cannot be shown the tyrant, the deceiver, or the thief, because, far from awakening them to the error of their ways, it maketh them to continue in their perversity as before. No matter how much kindliness ye may expend upon the liar, he will but lie the more, for he believeth you to be deceived, while ye understand him but too well, and only remain silent out of your extreme compassion.” Selections From the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, p. 158

Many examples could be given to show it is not the best course of action to be compassionate and kind to everyone. For example, I rented my house to a tenant who was a sex offender when nobody else would rent to him, and I was kind to him, and then he turned around and stabbed me in the back. He has been relentlessly trying to sue me by hurling false accusations against me for the last year and he has made my life hell. The case was finally settled by the attorney who worked for my insurance company, but he has not stopped harassing me. Now he is digging into records he might find through public disclosure at my workplace. There are evil people in this world and he is evil. I will not be kind to evil people because that is not in accord with justice. Why should I love people like him? Maybe God loves them but I am on God's level. Moreover, we are not living under the Dispensation of Jesus anymore so what Jesus purportedly said about love does not apply to this age.

I do not know if you know the story about Baha'u'llah and the tax collector.

“During His childhood, Bahá'u'lláh witnessed three confrontations between His father, and a very unjust tax collector, who was cruelly demanding payment. Incensed, Bahá'u'lláh, though merely seven, mounted His horse, and rode for two days to Tihran, where He sought the dismissal of the arrogant tax collector. He succeeded in obtaining the necessary papers ordering his dismissal, and returned successful to His parents.” Birth and Childhood of Baha'u'llah

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Hi CG. Yes I 100% fully agree with you that we Bahá’ís are imperfect but we are not superior nor does our faith permit us to mistreat members of other religions. If we do that we might get away with it once in a while but before long we would be brought to account.
We are not the end and be all of all religions just anotyer link in the chain in the evolving religion of God.

We acknowledge that the Founders of the major religions were all equal Manifesration of God and accept Their Holy Books as being of Divine origin. Only we font follow the interpretations of conflicting sects but the interpretations of the Manifestations Themselves.

Yes not all professed religious ideas of people are good but the Religion of God we believe, as taught by the Manifestation and His Holy Book is pure goodness.

As to other religious teachings. We believe that any teaching which is acceptable to any of the Manifestations is good. The Manifestation and His knowledge are the touchstone by which truth is distinguished from falsehood. So if the religions of the past are in harmony with what the Manifestations teach then we accept them but if they are at variance then we consider them to be man made but people are free to believe and worship without being judged.

As to covenant braking. This is a rare occurrence not an everyday happening. As a Baha’i we do not shun others because they have a different belief but if a Baha’i tries to split the Baha’i Faith into schisms like Christianity then it would not be tolerated and the person could be expelled.

But in our everyday dealings we are just ordinary normal people not chosen ones, not saved or reborn or superior in any way to you or anyone else religious or not. There were other Manifestations that didn’t bring a Book or Revelation like Noah Who Baha’u’llah mentions in the Book of Certitude. Adam as far as I know was a Manifestation of God and Baha’u’llah said that before then there were always Manifestations that belonged to previous cycles. We are now in the Cycle of Fulfilment when all the promises and prophecies of the holy Books will become a reality.
Can you comment on how all cultures and people's had their religions. Today we can look back at those beliefs and see how strange they were. To me, that kind of points to people in those cultures having created their own religious beliefs. Baha'is have said that God hasn't left any people without guidance. But ancient people had vary creative myths about their gods. Is there any Baha'i commentary on how and why these myth-based religions with their various practices came about? Like I said, to me, it was just ancient people making up stories about a spiritual reality that was based on their culture.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Jesus stressed love but Baha'u'llah said this is the day of justice, so love and mercy must be tempered by justice.

It might be true that we should love them and pray for our enemies, I don't know the Baha'i position on that, but being kind to people who have a selfish private motive or a disease of the soul is not in anyone's best interest because it only increases their perversity.

“O ye beloved of the Lord! The Kingdom of God is founded upon equity and justice, and also upon mercy, compassion, and kindness to every living soul. Strive ye then with all your heart to treat compassionately all humankind—except for those who have some selfish, private motive, or some disease of the soul. Kindness cannot be shown the tyrant, the deceiver, or the thief, because, far from awakening them to the error of their ways, it maketh them to continue in their perversity as before. No matter how much kindliness ye may expend upon the liar, he will but lie the more, for he believeth you to be deceived, while ye understand him but too well, and only remain silent out of your extreme compassion.” Selections From the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, p. 158

Many examples could be given to show it is not the best course of action to be compassionate and kind to everyone. For example, I rented my house to a tenant who was a sex offender when nobody else would rent to him, and I was kind to him, and then he turned around and stabbed me in the back. He has been relentlessly trying to sue me by hurling false accusations against me for the last year and he has made my life hell. The case was finally settled by the attorney who worked for my insurance company, but he has not stopped harassing me. Now he is digging into records he might find through public disclosure at my workplace. There are evil people in this world and he is evil. I will not be kind to evil people because that is not in accord with justice. Why should I love people like him? Maybe God loves them but I am on God's level. Moreover, we are not living under the Dispensation of Jesus anymore so what Jesus purportedly said about love does not apply to this age.

“During His childhood, Bahá'u'lláh witnessed three confrontations between His father, and a very unjust tax collector, who was cruelly demanding payment. Incensed, Bahá'u'lláh, though merely seven, mounted His horse, and rode for two days to Tihran, where He sought the dismissal of the arrogant tax collector. He succeeded in obtaining the necessary papers ordering his dismissal, and returned successful to His parents.” Birth and Childhood of Baha'u'llah

Yes that’s so true. With bigotry I made sure I let them know it was completely unacceptable and unsubscribed whilst requesting them to destroy my membership..

we are all different. If people cannot accept diversity and go around promoting bigotry then they can’t expect support from the wider community as humanity is emerging out of the dark ages when such things were the norm. Now such sentiments are viewed as ugly and barbaric.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Can you comment on how all cultures and people's had their religions. Today we can look back at those beliefs and see how strange they were. To me, that kind of points to people in those cultures having created their own religious beliefs. Baha'is have said that God hasn't left any people without guidance. But ancient people had vary creative myths about their gods. Is there any Baha'i commentary on how and why these myth-based religions with their various practices came about? Like I said, to me, it was just ancient people making up stories about a spiritual reality that was based on their culture.

Yes. I believe there is a rational explanation. That people in past ages were not abandoned at all by God but did receive Manifestations and that remnants of what they believe are likely based upon that Manifestation.

Moreover such forms and modes of writing as are now current amongst men were unknown to the generations that were before Adam. There was even a time when men were wholly ignorant of the art of writing, and had adopted a system entirely different from the one which they now use. For a proper exposition of this an elaborate explanation would be required.

Baha’u’llah has explained that there have always been Manifestations of God from time immemorial but Their records have been lost. It’s possible that a lot of these ‘myths’ once had their origin in a previous Manifestation of God but over time became distorted leaving only a remnant with some obscure reference.
http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/b/GWB/gwb-87.html
Bahá'í Reference Library - Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, Pages 172-175

His creation hath ever existed, and the Manifestations of His Divine glory and the Day Springs of eternal holiness have been sent down from time immemorial, and been commissioned to summon mankind to the one true God. That the names of some of them are forgotten and the records of their lives lost is to be attributed to the disturbances and changes that have overtaken the world.

And now regarding thy question, “How is it that no records are to be found concerning the Prophets that have preceded Adam, the Father of Mankind, or of the kings that lived in the days of those Prophets?” Know thou that the absence of any reference to them is no proof that they did not actually exist. That no records concerning them are now available, should be attributed to their extreme remoteness, as well as to the vast changes which the earth hath undergone since their time.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
The main challenge I see with the relationships between religions is that some religions have it in their scriptures and practices to interpret other religions, rather than just leave them be. Even if it isn't in the scripture, modern preachers or teachers feel the need to do it, and often that attempt isn't accurate, and then the religion that is being interpreted objects. Why wouldn't they object?

You want me to tell you that the wife or husband you fell in love with isn't suited to you?

I think it far better for harmony to just say, 'We'll do our thing, and let them do their thing." This way there is no initiation of argument, no ensuing objections, no ensuing conflict. Nobody, whether it be religious, or the mundane, wants to be told they got it wrong. It's insulting, and suggests the person's deep held beliefs weren't well thought out.

However, in order to do this, the folks in religions that do analyse or give their own interpretations of religions they know little about, are breaking their own commands to go forth and spread the word. Quite the conundrum, and it must bring up a lot of internal conflict.

I'm just glad not to be an adherent in one of those. My scriptures say nothing of other religions, as they're older than others. If the other religion wasn't existing at that time, not much to say about them.

Working on the principle that all humanity are equal human beings any religious teaching by religious leaders saying other religions, their Prophets and teachings are from satan is detrimental to the peace and well being of humanity and results in things like terrorism and suicide bombings. Ideologies which promote extremism cannot be left alone to spread their cancerous growth but must be challenged with interpretations that are moderate and balanced otherwise we have never ending violence and conflict,

Religions should be left free to practise their teachings as long as it does not lead to violence and wars. Religious fanaticism is the main cause of many wars and much bloodshed and cannot be left alone. Live and let live only applies so long as peace and harmony is the goal. But when bigotry and violence results in hate crimes then that interpretation of any religion needs to be challenged as it is destructive.

Much of the slaughter committed by Muslims was never based on any valid scripture and it is precisely because no one challenged and still do not, the validity of their conquests in light of their scripture that so many massacres of innocent people took place and so many of your own people were subject to barbaric cruelty.

So as long as an interpretation remains just a differing viewpoint that’s fine. But when it descends into violence, hate crimes, terrorism and bigotry then more moderate interpretations that keep the peace need to appear so as to educate people in non violent ways and peaceful co-existence.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I believe the world is changing for the better and age old barbaric practices are being seen for what they are and discarded and replaced by more humane and mature practices. The age of racism and religious intolerance is making its last stand for survival before they die out completely to be relegated to our immature past.

We are on the threshold of a beautiful age beckoning us to enter therein in peace.

PearlSeeker

Interesting point. I agree about balance of justice and compassion but I think Jesus' teaching of universal love still holds. There's a difference between revenge/hate and protection/defense/reminding. Justice without love is destructive.

When you mentioned love, mercy and justice I was reminded of an icon of Jesus that shows this balance (look at the difference between left and right side of the image). This concepts are also in the Kabbalistic Tree of Life...

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Yes. I believe there is a rational explanation. That people in past ages were not abandoned at all by God but did receive Manifestations and that remnants of what they believe are likely based upon that Manifestation.

Moreover such forms and modes of writing as are now current amongst men were unknown to the generations that were before Adam. There was even a time when men were wholly ignorant of the art of writing, and had adopted a system entirely different from the one which they now use. For a proper exposition of this an elaborate explanation would be required.

Baha’u’llah has explained that there have always been Manifestations of God from time immemorial but Their records have been lost. It’s possible that a lot of these ‘myths’ once had their origin in a previous Manifestation of God but over time became distorted leaving only a remnant with some obscure reference.
Bahá'í Reference Library - Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, Pages 172-175

His creation hath ever existed, and the Manifestations of His Divine glory and the Day Springs of eternal holiness have been sent down from time immemorial, and been commissioned to summon mankind to the one true God. That the names of some of them are forgotten and the records of their lives lost is to be attributed to the disturbances and changes that have overtaken the world.

And now regarding thy question, “How is it that no records are to be found concerning the Prophets that have preceded Adam, the Father of Mankind, or of the kings that lived in the days of those Prophets?” Know thou that the absence of any reference to them is no proof that they did not actually exist. That no records concerning them are now available, should be attributed to their extreme remoteness, as well as to the vast changes which the earth hath undergone since their time.
That's not exactly what I'm asking. Some practices and beliefs of some of the ancient religions I don't think should have been tolerated. For example the beliefs of the not so ancient Aztecs.
The Aztecs worshipped many gods and goddesses... The Aztecs believed that every day they had to take part in rituals and acts of worship to please the gods and allow the sun to rise again, and the seasons to pass. Huitzilopochtli, the sun god and the Aztec god of war, was very important in the day to day religious practices of the Aztecs... the Aztecs believed that he needed the blood from human beings’ hearts. This need for human hearts completely shaped Aztec society, and meant that the Aztecs were constantly at war in order to take captives to sacrifice... If there weren’t enough prisoner-victims, local Aztec people were sacrificed...In addition to Huitzilopochtli, other Aztec gods also demanded human sacrifice. Children were drowned to satisfy Tlaloc, the rain god, for example.
So what I'd like to know is if Baha'is allow for and believe that some religions were very much something made up by the culture and people. Like with the example of the Aztec religion, it is a long way from fitting into the Progressive Revelation concept of the Baha'i Faith. When the Aztecs were conquered it was, religiously speaking, much better that the Spanish forced Catholic Christianity on them.

Now Catholic Christianity kind of fits into the Baha'i idea of a religion being based on a manifestation's teaching, but then getting things added into it. But, for the Aztecs, to believe a messenger from the one true God gave them a message... then it devolved into a belief in many gods that needed human sacrifice, is hard for me to believe. It would mean that God left them with their bloody religious rituals for probably centuries without additional messages. Then, the message they did get, that changed and put an end to their old religion was Catholic Christianity? A religion that believed in original sin, hell, Satan and demons, that Jesus rose from the dead and was God. And no doubt, many of the ancestors of those Aztecs still believe those things. That would mean that God is allowing several generations of people to live and die without the knowledge of his real truth.

We don't have too many people believing religions with bloody rituals anymore. But we do have all the major religions that teach things that the Baha'is say are not true. And, assuming that the Baha'is are the truth for today, are Baha'is obligated to point out the errors in the beliefs of the other major religions? 'Cause it seems like Baha'is do exactly that. They have told Hindus that reincarnation is not true. And they tell Christians that Jesus didn't rise physically from the dead and is not part of a trinitarian god... and there is no Satan.

So how to you tolerate the differences, and how do you consort with people in other religions with love and respect, while at the same time Baha'is believe those religions are teaching things that aren't true?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
That's not exactly what I'm asking. Some practices and beliefs of some of the ancient religions I don't think should have been tolerated. For example the beliefs of the not so ancient Aztecs.
The Aztecs worshipped many gods and goddesses... The Aztecs believed that every day they had to take part in rituals and acts of worship to please the gods and allow the sun to rise again, and the seasons to pass. Huitzilopochtli, the sun god and the Aztec god of war, was very important in the day to day religious practices of the Aztecs... the Aztecs believed that he needed the blood from human beings’ hearts. This need for human hearts completely shaped Aztec society, and meant that the Aztecs were constantly at war in order to take captives to sacrifice... If there weren’t enough prisoner-victims, local Aztec people were sacrificed...In addition to Huitzilopochtli, other Aztec gods also demanded human sacrifice. Children were drowned to satisfy Tlaloc, the rain god, for example.
So what I'd like to know is if Baha'is allow for and believe that some religions were very much something made up by the culture and people. Like with the example of the Aztec religion, it is a long way from fitting into the Progressive Revelation concept of the Baha'i Faith. When the Aztecs were conquered it was, religiously speaking, much better that the Spanish forced Catholic Christianity on them.

Now Catholic Christianity kind of fits into the Baha'i idea of a religion being based on a manifestation's teaching, but then getting things added into it. But, for the Aztecs, to believe a messenger from the one true God gave them a message... then it devolved into a belief in many gods that needed human sacrifice, is hard for me to believe. It would mean that God left them with their bloody religious rituals for probably centuries without additional messages. Then, the message they did get, that changed and put an end to their old religion was Catholic Christianity? A religion that believed in original sin, hell, Satan and demons, that Jesus rose from the dead and was God. And no doubt, many of the ancestors of those Aztecs still believe those things. That would mean that God is allowing several generations of people to live and die without the knowledge of his real truth.

We don't have too many people believing religions with bloody rituals anymore. But we do have all the major religions that teach things that the Baha'is say are not true. And, assuming that the Baha'is are the truth for today, are Baha'is obligated to point out the errors in the beliefs of the other major religions? 'Cause it seems like Baha'is do exactly that. They have told Hindus that reincarnation is not true. And they tell Christians that Jesus didn't rise physically from the dead and is not part of a trinitarian god... and there is no Satan.

So how to you tolerate the differences, and how do you consort with people in other religions with love and respect, while at the same time Baha'is believe those religions are teaching things that aren't true?

We all see things differently. I don’t see any problem with sharing different views. Nobody ‘owns’ any religion. God freely gave His Teachings to all humanity so nobody has a monopoly on truth. The Bible is for all humanity and Christians do not own it or own any interpretation of it, we all have the right to read it and share our own understanding of it.

I don’t know about past things like human sacrifices. All I understand is that as required God sent Manifestations to guide people and He is All Wise and knows when is best to leave us alone and when is best to send a Messenger.