• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Relations between religions?

Muffled

Jesus in me
In the end we have to ask who has the greater wisdom and if we choose a faith and laws are given, then we choose that wisdom as the elixer.

We do not see the big picture and I see the Messengers know the big picture.

Regards Tony

I believe only God is wise so that means Christianity.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Key is simple ... stop believing "My way is the Highway". But it takes a Master many years to "brainwash" exclusiveness out of religious brains.

I believe God is like that. If you think He is tolerant, think again.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe not everyone is tapped into the source. I am now but I wasn't always even though a Christian.

I see we all emante from the source, our core being spirit. That is the part of us that is created in God's Image.

Life to me has become a journey to find and connect to that core. I feel the worldly self is continually pulling us away from that goal.

Or as you have said, stops us tapping into our true selves.

All the best Muffled. Stay happy.

Regards Tony

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
The way forward? How best to promote religious tolerance? This seems to be a major issue that we have very few tools to equip ourselves with because to my knowledge it is not an issue that was ever directly dealt with by most Holy Scriptures so we are left with the dilemma of how to create tolerance and peace between religions. I think the times agree that we cannot any longer ignore this issue

But how?

Key is simple ... stop believing "My way is the Highway". But it takes a Master many years to "brainwash" exclusiveness out of religious brains.

I believe God is like that. If you think He is tolerant, think again.
I know you believe that way

I know I need not think again

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe only God is wise so that means Christianity.

To me that goes back to seeing the Oneness of humamity. If we can accept every person is from One God, then we have broken the barrier of race, class, nationality, religion and names. We see that what unites us is the core of our being, the spirit of man, which is made in God's image.

It is that spirit that can connect to Christ, the Holy Spirit. We can be born again from the flesh, into the Spirit that gives us life.

We can know the fruits of that Spirit and we can be lovers of the source no matter where it shines from. Christ is in all faith where virtues are the goal.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I see that is something we do have to ponder deeply. I also like to consider who we see are the masters. We know so little.

The Bible put it this way;

Matthew 7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

To me that is showing a simple truth of our oneness, that the narrow gate, to me, is Oneness, which transcends Names.

In the Baha'i Faith that 'Gate' was the Bab (means gate) who said He was the Primal Point of all creation. I see all Messengers, all that is God, all comes back to the Primal Point.

Big topic though, but to me the key to the relationship between religions.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I feel sad right now, Of what benefit is such bigotry?

Be happy, be happy be full of joy :)

I see it all plays a part in the change unfolding in the world. I see God allows our heart to pursue its goals.

If people still wait for the Messiah, still wait for the Madhi, still wait for Christ, still wait an Avatar, a Buddha, then they choose to wait.

I see as Baha'i we have in many ways also have fallen for the mistake of waiting. That is my sadness David. The world dominates us over action that can and will change this world into the promise it can be.

This is a time of great change, with massive change ahead. Our happy can only be found in 'Look at me, follow me, be as I am" A calling we must embrace and not wait to implement.

Always, prayers for you and all.

Regards Tony

stvdv

Matthew 7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
This might be symbolic for:
Broad road = follow desires
Narrow road = transcend desires

Life + desires = Man
Life - desires = God

stvdv

If people still wait for the Messiah, still wait for the Madhi, still wait for Christ, still wait an Avatar, a Buddha, then they choose to wait.
When devotees asked Sai Baba about Prema Sai, He once said "don't wait for Prema Sai". I heard it once, I never forgot

I see as Baha'i we have in many ways also have fallen for the mistake of waiting
Ego don't want us becoming Egoless;)

Our happy can only be found in 'Look at me, follow me, be as I am" A calling we must embrace and not wait to implement.
YES YES YES !!! :):):)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Sai Baba His mission was all about this (Sathya Sai Baba, as well as Shirdi Sai Baba). He wrote in simple words, no misunderstanding for me.

I like that. Clear and direct and easy to understand.
Sai Baba has said "To tolerate other's religion is easy, but that is not enough. You should encourage the other in his/her religion"

Still, it is individuals who are able or not to practice the wisdom expressed above. I know many Sai folk, and some have been as intolerant as a right wing Christian spewing condescension from his Bible belt seat of authority. Thankfully, they have been in the minority of those I've met.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
The moment you "drop God, as being outside of yourself", and search within, naturally tolerance develops.
I might add ... and within others, as if God is within you, He's also within others. By looking down on others, you're looking down on God.

stvdv

I might add ... and within others, as if God is within you, He's also within others. By looking down on others, you're looking down on God.
I thought that was obvious the way I wrote it "search within (= other humans have the same) naturally develops tolerance (= not looking down on others)".

Looking down on others is still not "looking within", so naturally you don't develop tolerance.

But seeing the past millenia, probably you are right, and we better keep on repeating this from all possible angles.

stvdv

many Sai folk, and some have been as intolerant as a right wing Christian spewing condescension from his Bible belt seat of authority. Thankfully, they have been in the minority of those I've met.
Roughly:
2 billion Christions + 2 billion Muslims = 4 billion humans = 50% of all humans

So 1 out of 2 might have this "religious exclusive" upbringing from their childhood. That takes a Master many years to transform (bad habits die hard).

And what do you think about the 1 billion Atheists, might they also have a tiny bit of exclusiveness in them (many also became Atheist as a reaction to this judgmental religious upbringing in their youth).

In Holland, only ca. 100 years ago, we had 99.99% Christians. Now maybe ca. 50%

But these numbers do show a big change in just 100 years. So maybe there is a shift. Although Hindu Scriptures say Kali Yuga has just started ca. 5000 years ago and the end is far away. So I don't wait nor hope for that to happen.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Roughly:
2 billion Christions + 2 billion Muslims = 4 billion humans = 50% of all humans

So 1 out of 2 might have this "religious exclusive" upbringing from their childhood. That takes a Master many years to transform (bad habits die hard).

And what do you think about the 1 billion Atheists, might they also have a tiny bit of exclusiveness in them (many also became Atheist as a reaction to this judgmental religious upbringing in their youth).

In Holland, only ca. 100 years ago, we had 99.99% Christians. Now maybe ca. 50%

But these numbers do show a big change in just 100 years. So maybe there is a shift. Although Hindu Scriptures say Kali Yuga has just started ca. 5000 years ago and the end is far away. So I don't wait nor hope for that to happen.

I think you missed my point, so I'll put it clearer. Personally, I look and observe the individual, not the group.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Be happy, be happy be full of joy :)

I see it all plays a part in the change unfolding in the world. I see God allows our heart to pursue its goals.

I see as Baha'i we have in many ways also have fallen for the mistake of waiting. That is my sadness David. The world dominates us over action that can and will change this world into the promise it can be.

This is a time of great change, with massive change ahead. Our happy can only be found in 'Look at me, follow me, be as I am" A calling we must embrace and not wait to implement.

Always, prayers for you and all.

Regards Tony

Thank you Tony. Look forward to a day when we humans can look past our prejudices and be at peace with each other.

stvdv

I was wondering why my ability to post on a Christian forum had been disabled. I never mentioned my religion but apparently they do ‘religious profiling’ and once they have determined your ‘type’ they treat you accordingly.
I got this "Christian" treatment also once. I was going to an evangelical church. I liked the singing and quite nice sermons they had.

One good Sunday the man in charge took me aside and told me "it's better you don't come here anymore, as you don't think like I think".

Blessing of God, to kick me out of that "judgmental church". I always try to see the good in people, but I needed to become a bit more realistic. This spiritual ego (I'm more spiritual than you, and God will send you to Hell) is almost incurable.

Now, I see it as an interesting challenge to stay equalminded. Not judging them in return (telling their way is wrong), but show them a mirror (you do judge me) and have Self respect, and say "hello ... goodbye" when meeting such people. I stopped explaining or even talking to them. If they choose arrogance, I leave them that way.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Religious intolerance is a disease that in this age is becoming more dangerous and we need unity to eradicate it. We can’t just say we all agree that it is a bad thing but must actively promote good relations between religions. We all likely were brought up in a spirit of exclusiveness and superiority and if not we are the lucky ones.

But if we just don’t do anything about it as we have seen from bombings of churches and mosques then it will keep spreading.

What can we do to promote tolerance and goodwill between faiths? For us all this is a new lesson but religious tolerance is a key factor to world peace. We can start with ourselves, the Internet, our places of worship. But just thinking it will fix itself won’t happen because it is a growing cancer eating into our society.

Promoting religious tolerance isn’t easy for there are many groups against tolerance but they will die out as religious tolerance becomes more popular. Let’s do all we can to make it popular. But it’s a learning process. However, religious tolerance I believe is a most worthy goal and very much needed in today’s world.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I got this "Christian" treatment also once. I was going to a evangelical church. I liked the singing and quite nice sermons they had.

One good Sunday the man in charge took me aside and told me "it's better you don't come here anymore, as you don't think like I think".

Blessing of God, to kick me out of that "judgmental church". I always try to see the good in people, but I needed to become a bit more realistic. This spiritual ego (I'm more spiritual than you, and God will send you to Hell) is almost incurable.

Now, I see it as an interesting challenge to stay equalminded. Not judging them in return (telling their way is wrong), but show them a mirror (you do judge me) and have Self respect, and say "hello ... goodbye" when meeting such people. I stopped explaining or even talking to them. If they choose arrogance, I leave them that way.

hi friend,

Religious intolerance is a very cancerous disease in this age but now because of mass media being in the hands of all people we can promote tolerance for all. Light will always abolish darkness so all we need to do is turn on our lights of religious tolerance each of us very brightly for all to see its radiance. When we come across it we should question it and never accept it. We can also remind each other. But one thing is we can’t change this alone.

The beautiful thing is nobody has to change or convert to another religion in order to promote tolerance.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
One question is how can religionists from differing religions become friendly if we don’t mix with each other? If it’s always ‘us vs them’ how will we have peace? It’s far easier to discriminate and demonise when we never see the real live person but just see a negative news report or hear a biased minister talk.

If we don’t mix and mingle how are we going to see the humanity of others? I remember just recently I came across some people saying they hated interfaith and only Jesus was the way. Jesus taught love for all humanity but now in many circles it’s an ‘us and them ‘ paradigm which is only creating more alienation, hatred and prejudice.

Should religionists be free to condemn other faiths publicly? One cannot stop them from doing it in secret but in Mosques or churches or any place of worship or giving talks should freedom of speech include the right to attack other faiths! Racism has been outlawed so what about religious intolerance and the promotion of it?

I believe the best solution is to promote love between all religionists but that also there must be deterrents to inciting hatred against any one group.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Live and let live I think is I think important and that includes conflicts between religionists and atheists. We are all human beings. That should come first and we should all treat each other as equals whether believer or not.

If we can’t accept diversity ... there shall be no peace in the world,” she said.

Bachelet said a key to trying to combat religious persecution is to look for “early warning signs” like discrimination and words of intolerance and take early action.

UN chief urges world to stamp out religious persecution

The belief in one true religion has been the cause of conflict the world over or been the justification for it. Religion has been misguidedly been used to justify war and colonisation, economic predation and the ecological destruction that accompanies it. While humanity has been foolishly arguing, fighting and jostling for dominance in the world we have been distracted from the raging fires that now surround us, that we have created ourselves.

The History of Religious Intolerance - Global Research

Last edited: