• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Relations between religions?

danieldemol

Premium Member
That's politics, not religion.
Reject doctrines that preach greed, hatred, and delusion as leading to long term harm.
For some people what you call politics they call a part of their religion.

ETA but if you prefer to call religion politics no problem, I would just switch to saying some religious people need their politics modified

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
For some people what you call politics they call a part of their religion.

ETA but if you prefer to call religion politics no problem, I would just switch to saying some religious people need their politics modified
Agreed about modifying hateful and harmful politics. Do they worship the government?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I was wondering why my ability to post on a Christian forum had been disabled. I never mentioned my religion but apparently they do ‘religious profiling’ and once they have determined your ‘type’ they treat you accordingly.

My account said ‘no restrictions’ but I could read only. So I went into the chat room where I had a very traumatic experience.ill never forget. The Christian said he didn’t know why I couldn’t post but then began an ‘interrogation’. I was literally on trial. He asked me if I believed in Jesus and I said yes and if Jesus was the truth and I again said yes then he said that I mentioned Jesus was a Prophet (Which Jesus Himself has said) but that He was God and so I was wrong.

I was told that it was determined by my posts that I was a ‘universalist ‘ and that was contrary to what the Bible teaches. So effectively I was banned because they did religious profiling and determined I was a universalist.

I later wrote them a well deserved scathing letter denouncing their pure bigotry, religious profiling and having me on trial in a chat room.

That was not a Christian forum although they call themselves that but I have never been treated and subject to such bigotry online than by these guys. I was shocked and sad at what some Christians have turned into and their hate for other religionists.

I hope soon I meet some nice good Christians to wipe the terrible experience I just had from my memory. How dare people call themselves religious while being so bigoted and even putting people on trial and interrogating them.

such shameless behaviour does not come from God but from very sick minded and diseased hearts.

Lets love all religionists, non religionists and welcome all with the light of oneness.

I feel sad right now, Of what benefit is such bigotry?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
"The light of Oneness" sounds pretty much like Universalism. (just sayin') Some might call it "The Devouring Mother."

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Humanity has long been deceived by religious leaders that other religions are not true or not from God or from satan yet historically these religions appeared progressively, one following the other which we Bahá’ís believe represented the spiritual evolution of humanity just like our material evolution.

Baha’u’llah says ‘This is the changeless Faith of God Etna life in the past, eternal in the future’ signalling that the different religions were but different stages in our spiritual a development meant to complement each other. Instead selfish leaders have used religion for their own purposes and created divisions.. But now is the time to set the record straight. All religions come from the SAME Source, all religions teach the same truth and all are in harmony.

The only difference is the social laws revealed that were suitable for that time. But for today unity and tolerance is the message not division.

View attachment 33779
My religion teaches to ‘Consort with the followers of all religions in a spirit of friendliness and fellowship (Baha’u’llah)
You know that I think that some, if not all, cultures and peoples had a hand in creating their own ideas about their gods and their religion. Baha'is never discuss religions that had human sacrifices and/or temple prostitutes as part of their religious practice. Even today, some religious groups have very strange beliefs. So do you really believe all religions are good and from one God?

Even within the major religions there is a variety of beliefs. Even within any one religion there can be a variety of beliefs. We have several Holy Books from the different religions. They do not teach the same things.

The timeline in your graph of the progression of religion doesn't include Adam, the person the Baha'is name the cycle after. And it doesn't include Noah and Abraham, who both have been called "manifestations" by some Baha'is. Are they? If they are then they interrupt the flow from one messenger to the next. They are both in and around the time of Krishna, who, as has been pointed out many times, did not start the Hindu religion. It was already going.

Then there is the Christians that don't tolerate other religions. But, going back to Judaism, which other religions did Judaism say were true and from the One True God? From what I remember the One True God had prophets and people from other religions killed because they worshipped false gods. And Christians pretty much do the same. The only progression is between themselves and Judaism. Christianity did not believe any of the pagan religions were true. Do Baha'is? I asked many times. Was the religions of the Greeks and Romans true? Or, were the false and mythological?

Those types of Christians believe all the other religions, including some sects of Christianity, are false. Based on their religious leaders? Probably, leaders like Paul and Peter and the early Church fathers. Oh, and also based on the NT. Is it right? I hope not. I hope something more tolerant like the Baha'i Faith is right. But, do Baha'is shun people that don't follow their interpretation of the Baha'i Truth? Yes, Baha'is have kicked out people and call them "Covenant Breakers." Kind of the same thing that the more conservative side of Christianity does.

Their "covenant" with God only allows for Jesus... and not any Jesus, but the Jesus they believe in. The one that died rose again... is the only way and the only one that can save people from the penalty of sin. And, who is part of a Trinitarian God. If you don't believe that, and if you are going to teach against that, and not convert to their beliefs, you betcha they're not going to want you around. But like I said. Do Baha'is let covenant breakers in to their meetings? No, they are toxic to the truth that Baha'is believe in.

The Baha'i Faith is close to being a fine religion. Sure, we should learn to love and respect all people. But, in the real world, that ain't easy. And unfortunately, ultimately, most all, including Baha'is, no matter how much they "tolerate" people of other religions, most all religious people believe their religion is better than the others. And , I wonder, is that really tolerating? I guess. If by tolerating you mean "putting up with" the people in the other religions.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
You know that I think that some, if not all, cultures and peoples had a hand in creating their own ideas about their gods and their religion. Baha'is never discuss religions that had human sacrifices and/or temple prostitutes as part of their religious practice. Even today, some religious groups have very strange beliefs. So do you really believe all religions are good and from one God?

Even within the major religions there is a variety of beliefs. Even within any one religion there can be a variety of beliefs. We have several Holy Books from the different religions. They do not teach the same things.

The timeline in your graph of the progression of religion doesn't include Adam, the person the Baha'is name the cycle after. And it doesn't include Noah and Abraham, who both have been called "manifestations" by some Baha'is. Are they? If they are then they interrupt the flow from one messenger to the next. They are both in and around the time of Krishna, who, as has been pointed out many times, did not start the Hindu religion. It was already going.

Then there is the Christians that don't tolerate other religions. But, going back to Judaism, which other religions did Judaism say were true and from the One True God? From what I remember the One True God had prophets and people from other religions killed because they worshipped false gods. And Christians pretty much do the same. The only progression is between themselves and Judaism. Christianity did not believe any of the pagan religions were true. Do Baha'is? I asked many times. Was the religions of the Greeks and Romans true? Or, were the false and mythological?

Those types of Christians believe all the other religions, including some sects of Christianity, are false. Based on their religious leaders? Probably, leaders like Paul and Peter and the early Church fathers. Oh, and also based on the NT. Is it right? I hope not. I hope something more tolerant like the Baha'i Faith is right. But, do Baha'is shun people that don't follow their interpretation of the Baha'i Truth? Yes, Baha'is have kicked out people and call them "Covenant Breakers." Kind of the same thing that the more conservative side of Christianity does.

Their "covenant" with God only allows for Jesus... and not any Jesus, but the Jesus they believe in. The one that died rose again... is the only way and the only one that can save people from the penalty of sin. And, who is part of a Trinitarian God. If you don't believe that, and if you are going to teach against that, and not convert to their beliefs, you betcha they're not going to want you around. But like I said. Do Baha'is let covenant breakers in to their meetings? No, they are toxic to the truth that Baha'is believe in.

The Baha'i Faith is close to being a fine religion. Sure, we should learn to love and respect all people. But, in the real world, that ain't easy. And unfortunately, ultimately, most all, including Baha'is, no matter how much they "tolerate" people of other religions, most all religious people believe their religion is better than the others. And , I wonder, is that really tolerating? I guess. If by tolerating you mean "putting up with" the people in the other religions.

Hi CG. Yes I 100% fully agree with you that we Bahá’ís are imperfect but we are not superior nor does our faith permit us to mistreat members of other religions. If we do that we might get away with it once in a while but before long we would be brought to account.
We are not the end and be all of all religions just anotyer link in the chain in the evolving religion of God.

We acknowledge that the Founders of the major religions were all equal Manifesration of God and accept Their Holy Books as being of Divine origin. Only we font follow the interpretations of conflicting sects but the interpretations of the Manifestations Themselves.

Yes not all professed religious ideas of people are good but the Religion of God we believe, as taught by the Manifestation and His Holy Book is pure goodness.

As to other religious teachings. We believe that any teaching which is acceptable to any of the Manifestations is good. The Manifestation and His knowledge are the touchstone by which truth is distinguished from falsehood. So if the religions of the past are in harmony with what the Manifestations teach then we accept them but if they are at variance then we consider them to be man made but people are free to believe and worship without being judged.

As to covenant braking. This is a rare occurrence not an everyday happening. As a Baha’i we do not shun others because they have a different belief but if a Baha’i tries to split the Baha’i Faith into schisms like Christianity then it would not be tolerated and the person could be expelled.

But in our everyday dealings we are just ordinary normal people not chosen ones, not saved or reborn or superior in any way to you or anyone else religious or not. There were other Manifestations that didn’t bring a Book or Revelation like Noah Who Baha’u’llah mentions in the Book of Certitude. Adam as far as I know was a Manifestation of God and Baha’u’llah said that before then there were always Manifestations that belonged to previous cycles. We are now in the Cycle of Fulfilment when all the promises and prophecies of the holy Books will become a reality.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I was wondering why my ability to post on a Christian forum had been disabled. I never mentioned my religion but apparently they do ‘religious profiling’ and once they have determined your ‘type’ they treat you accordingly.

My account said ‘no restrictions’ but I could read only. So I went into the chat room where I had a very traumatic experience.ill never forget. The Christian said he didn’t know why I couldn’t post but then began an ‘interrogation’. I was literally on trial. He asked me if I believed in Jesus and I said yes and if Jesus was the truth and I again said yes then he said that I mentioned Jesus was a Prophet (Which Jesus Himself has said) but that He was God and so I was wrong.

I was told that it was determined by my posts that I was a ‘universalist ‘ and that was contrary to what the Bible teaches. So effectively I was banned because they did religious profiling and determined I was a universalist.

I later wrote them a well deserved scathing letter denouncing their pure bigotry, religious profiling and having me on trial in a chat room.

That was not a Christian forum although they call themselves that but I have never been treated and subject to such bigotry online than by these guys. I was shocked and sad at what some Christians have turned into and their hate for other religionists.

I hope soon I meet some nice good Christians to wipe the terrible experience I just had from my memory. How dare people call themselves religious while being so bigoted and even putting people on trial and interrogating them.

such shameless behaviour does not come from God but from very sick minded and diseased hearts.

Lets love all religionists, non religionists and welcome all with the light of oneness.

I feel sad right now, Of what benefit is such bigotry?

If it's a Christian forum, and they see non-Christian words, I see no reason not to ban you. It's a Christian forum. Besides, if it's a small one, that decision may have been made by one person. No need to take it personally. I would never post on a Christian forum. It's like the DIRs here. They want it to be a Christian forum.

The Baha'i subreddit forum bans people all the time. it's their right as well.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
If it's a Christian forum, and they see non-Christian words, I see no reason not to ban you. It's a Christian forum. Besides, if it's a small one, that decision may have been made by one person. No need to take it personally. I would never post on a Christian forum. It's like the DIRs here. They want it to be a Christian forum.

The Baha'i subreddit forum bans people all the time. it's their right as well.

Wont be going there anymore.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
My question is - what do the Holy Scriptures of each religion specifically say on the topic of religious tolerance ?
Sai Baba His mission was all about this (Sathya Sai Baba, as well as Shirdi Sai Baba). He wrote in simple words, no misunderstanding for me.

My religion teaches to ‘Consort with the followers of all religions in a spirit of friendliness and fellowship (Baha’u’llah)

This is clear and direct. So we are encouraged to visit other religions churches, pray and meditate with them and see them as family.
I like that. Clear and direct and easy to understand.
Sai Baba has said "To tolerate other's religion is easy, but that is not enough. You should encourage the other in his/her religion"

stvdv

Are there verses in the Bible that speak of religious tolerance? Also Hinduism and Buddhism seem to be very tolerant why? And I would like to know also what would be the most influential passage in their Books.
The moment you "drop God, as being outside of yourself", and search within, naturally tolerance develops.

stvdv

The way forward? How best to promote religious tolerance? This seems to be a major issue that we have very few tools to equip ourselves with because to my knowledge it is not an issue that was ever directly dealt with by most Holy Scriptures so we are left with the dilemma of how to create tolerance and peace between religions. I think the times agree that we cannot any longer ignore this issue

But how?
Key is simple ... stop believing "My way is the Highway". But it takes a Master many years to "brainwash" exclusiveness out of religious brains.

Muffled

Jesus in me
My question is - what do the Holy Scriptures of each religion specifically say on the topic of religious tolerance ?

This is clear and direct. So we are encouraged to visit other religions churches, pray and meditate with them and see them as family.

As we go a bit further back to Islam perhaps the best quote I think would be Quran 2:62

Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.
Quran 2:62

In the Covenants Muhammad made with the Christians He insisted that they be treated with love and kindness .. Ashtiname of Muhammad - Wikipedia

Still, when we consult history and the wars between Muslims and Christians over the centuries, it seems religious tolerance was not well understood back then or plainly ignored.

It seems to me that how religions should treat each other becomes more and more unspecified the further back we go leaving it to interpretation and vested interests to decide.

Are there verses in the Bible that speak of religious tolerance? Also Hinduism and Buddhism seem to be very tolerant why? And I would like to know also what would be the most influential passage in their Books.

The way forward? How best to promote religious tolerance? This seems to be a major issue that we have very few tools to equip ourselves with because to my knowledge it is not an issue that was ever directly dealt with by most Holy Scriptures so we are left with the dilemma of how to create tolerance and peace between religions. I think the times agree that we cannot any longer ignore this issue

But how?

I believe God is never tolerant of the disobedient but Jesus did say this: Mark 9:40 For the one who is not against us is for us.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Humanity has long been deceived by religious leaders that other religions are not true or not from God or from satan yet historically these religions appeared progressively, one following the other which we Bahá’ís believe represented the spiritual evolution of humanity just like our material evolution.

Baha’u’llah says ‘This is the changeless Faith of God Etna life in the past, eternal in the future’ signalling that the different religions were but different stages in our spiritual a development meant to complement each other. Instead selfish leaders have used religion for their own purposes and created divisions.. But now is the time to set the record straight. All religions come from the SAME Source, all religions teach the same truth and all are in harmony.

The only difference is the social laws revealed that were suitable for that time. But for today unity and tolerance is the message not division.

View attachment 33779

i believe the B man is mistaken.

stvdv

I believe God is never tolerant of the disobedient but Jesus did say this: Mark 9:40 For the one who is not against us is for us.
I also remember "Who is not for us .. is against us"
Matthew 12:30 He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters.
30He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters
31Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.…

Those are interesting quotes, and very easy to be misinterpreted by worldly people, as they are spiritual truth (going beyond body/mind/emotions)