• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Referee benched for being a woman.

Nanda

Polyanna
I'm not suggesting that, but I'm open to the possibility that there are neurological differences between us that could make men a better referee. It's equally possible that women make better referees because of how they're wired. I don't have enough information to go one way or the other.

This is the sort of thing that got the president of Harvard fired recently.

I would think that the fact that she's already successfully officiated at many games over several years would dispell any doubts about her ability to act as a referee, regardless of how she's "wired."

Somkid

That's just wrong I like to see them try it here, the messenger better duck and tuck his head between his legs.

djrez4

Swollen Member
Yeah, I kind of picked up on that. ;)

:p

I would think that the fact that she's already successfully officiated at many games over several years would dispell any doubts about her ability to act as a referee, regardless of how she's "wired."

I'm sure she's a fine referee. I'm speaking in a much broader sense.

And yes, the idea that women can't officiate over men is ridiculous.