• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reconverstion in India

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
PDP has received 22.7% of the vote, a very close second, it currently represents the voice of the valley. It should not be ignored, just as PDP is trying not to ignore the voice of Jammu region. With PDP and BJP getting together they will have 55 + representation in a house of 87, and that augurs well for the state. BJP may give some sops to Abdullah's National Conference which has 15 in the house. BJP's old opponent is only the dynasty Congress, it has no problem with others. Why look for strife? This is politics, friend, not war. Martand and Avantiswamin temples will take time to be rebuilt, though I am hopeful.

martand-sun-temple_400_300.jpg
tourist_1369821958images%20(12).jpg
I believe I'm being misunderstood. Please allow me to expand: BJP should concentrate largely on the Jammu region and not sacrifice its promises that enabled it to acquire such a large vote-share just to get a large number of seats in the house if it allied with PDP or other parties. With BJP in central government, BJP in Jammu will not have a lot to worry about as long as it is well-funded and operates rationally and pragmatically.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
BJP is likely to get the Deputy Chief Ministership and some important ministries. They will/should work honestly and diligently to wean away Kashmiri Muslims from separatists. Let us not be too greedy at the moment.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Here's some stats. There are 24 million Christians in India (sources vary somewhat) ... and it is safe to assume that 99.99 % of then were converted. In the last 5 years VHP has claimed they have reconverted 6000. So ... for every 4000 converts, we've got 1 back. Not much, in the numbers scheme.

Press and news ... for the 24 million, very little.
for the 6000 ... a ton.

I see a pattern.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I think the number of Christians is much higher. The Census does not count people according to religion or caste. That is the law. Yes, it is a long haul for VHP. But for them, it is important first to stop the rot, which means the activities of missionaries and their foreign funds which are against the current Indian law.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Very little news in almost a month. Either there is no news or the western press no longer is interested. Generally stories like this take on a 3 or 4 day sensationalist spurt, and then die out. I have heard of one proposal to ban all conversions except deconversions, but it was on a page I didn't really trust. I can't see a democratic government going that far. For the record, coerced or forced conversions are already banned.

Last edited:

Amrut

Aum - Advaita
in fact Indian Press and Media too in not interested.

There is one channel Sudarshan News TV, a socio-patriotic channel, whose owner Shri Suresh Chaunke anchors a 1 hour show Bindas Bol (speak boldly) from 8.00 to 9.00 pm daily. He raises all issues in national and Hindu interest. He raised the Issue of silence of mediacrooks over conversion by Christians and Muslims and only Hindus are targeted even if they convert 200-300 people over thousands and lacks of Hindus getting converted by Christlamists :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Proposed ban? No, Why should Hindus like it? That will pre-empt 'ghar vapasi'. It is election time (in Delhi), so all controversial matters have been put in abeyance. As I said, it is a long haul for Hindus.