• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Razors, Scissors, or Electric Shavers?

I shave my facial hair using...

• Total voters

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I have a full beard, but the parts I do shave (my cheeks and neck) I shave with a razor.

When I get my beard trimmed, I'll usually get the barber to do it. They use a combination of scissors and clippers.

Shaul

Premium Member
I use an electric shaver. In Judaism using a razor would be cutting the corners of one’s face, a violation of a commandment. But clipping of the beard with a scissor like technique doesn’t cut your face.

Last edited:

M83

Too busy staring at my shoes
Straight razors for the most part. I just like to think that my wife enjoys cutting at my face with a razor. :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
2403.jpg

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I use razors. I'm not sure I trust mechanical blades on my skin.

I used to use razors, but it was the opposite way for me: they irritated my skin, whereas electric shavers were far more comfortable (at the expense of not shaving as efficiently as a razor).

Moving an electric shaver the wrong way can give you a nice, bloody cut, though. That's also from experience. :D