• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Raunchy Rosie

standing_alone

Reverand Rick said:
Rosie has set the Gay and Lesbian community back 20 years with her ignorant rhetoric. Is she the best spokes person the movement can muster?

I wasn't aware Rosie was made the spokesperson of the gay and lesbian community. :sarcastic

Is there anything else I should know about my own community that I should know, Reverand Rick (since you apparantly know more about it all than me)? :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------

Moey said:
Rosie has a right to her opinions just like everyone else. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean she is not educated.

While I think Rosie's an idiot and don't find myself sympathising with her very often, you're absolutely right that she has the same right to her opinions does everyone else, but I also think it is the right of The View to take any appropriate action against her (if that is indeed what is happening) if they feel she has been behaving inappropriately in the job she has been given.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
What was wrong with Rosie? I personally liked her and agreed with quite a few of her views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnSuZz3gWuE

Personally, I found it appalling that in this day and age I would still have to deal with something like that on national television. But then it ain't that different from Mel Gibson's drunken rant against Jews or Michael Richards' rant against African Americans.

For me it was bad enough that she did this thinking it was funny. That would have still been forgivable. What sealed it was her reaction to the criticism, basically saying that she had done nothing wrong, that other people were too sensitive, etc.

Moey

For me it was bad enough that she did this thinking it was funny. That would have still been forgivable. What sealed it was her reaction to the criticism, basically saying that she had done nothing wrong, that other people were too sensitive, etc.

People are too sensitive these days. I thought that was funny. Even her co-hosts were laughing.

Moey

I am disrespected all the time and very few people care. But i can also laugh at myself along with others. Can you?

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
I am disrespected all the time and very few people care. But i can also laugh at myself along with others. Can you?
Laughing at oneself is not the same as not caring when others disrespect you.

Again, the most disrespectful thing to me was her reaction when people complained. To say that someone is "over sensitive" as she did and you just did, is to say "I don't care about the fact that you were hurt." That is all that it is saying, nothing more. For none of us knows the other person's perspective and can objectively say what the "correct" amount of sensitivity is.

Moey

Your right, i don't care. Maybe when every citizen i this country can recieve equal rights then maybe i will care. As long as there are others who wont allow equal rights then why should i?

I watched the clip someone posted and clearly it was a joke. If you don't like the jokes of a certian comedian than don't watch that comedian.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Your right, i don't care. Maybe when every citizen i this country can recieve equal rights then maybe i will care. As long as there are others who wont allow equal rights then why should i?
First of all, that's a non-sequitur, since we weren't talking about equal rights. Secondly, it's a$$-backwards. If you won't care about other people's rights until everyone has equal rights then people will never have equal rights. The only way to attain the community that one wants is to live it.

Moey

But did you get my point? It was a joke. Rosie is a comedian. She will always be a comedian. Anyone who was upset by this just doesn't get it.

standing_alone

I watched the clip someone posted and clearly it was a joke. If you don't like the jokes of a certian comedian than don't watch that comedian.

You kind of sound bitter, pardon me if you're not.

I would hope that anyone who is a member of a group that is marginalized could have some sympathy when others in a marginalized group have been hurt. Knowing what it feels like to be made a joke, I would hope that there could at least be an understanding instead of this whole "Well, we get treated like crap, too" attitude. Just because things aren't perfect in society, nor is everyone's treatment equal, we can still try to respect and be considerate of one another. Only through respecting each other and trying to understand one another can we make society better.

Moey

I am not bitter. i just a had a momentary fustrated outburst.

Can no one in this world take a joke anymore? Or is it because a white lesbian said it. If it had been Chris Rock that said it would it have been funny?

standing_alone

But did you get my point? It was a joke. Rosie is a comedian. She will always be a comedian. Anyone who was upset by this just doesn't get it.

Well, Rosie is obviously a pretty poor comedian if she has to resort making a joke that is about at the level of an elementary schooler.

I mean, come on, is mocking the Chinese language really that funny past the age of nine? It certainly isn't original and obviously is offensive to a considerable amount of people.

standing_alone

It was only offensive to most because they don't like her anyway.

I don't know about that, but I'm sure if someone made a joke about lesbians, Rosie'd be one of the first up in arms about it. So you think she'd be more considerate of other groups that are often made the butt of jokes...

Moey

Maybe she would and maybe she wouldn't. For me it would depend on wheather or not it was made all in good fun or made to spite.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
People really watch that and are mentaly stimulated by it?
Jeez I'm un-employed and have been for a year and refuse to watch any brain dead day time tv so why on earth would anyone willingly want to watch that drivell?

As far as rosie goes it's good that she has her own views and isn't afraid to voice them, it's also good that she seems to think in ways that sensible thinking people would (the 9/11 theory), her eyes are opened to the world and good for her for not being a brain dead sheep following a heard!

Bishka

Veteran Member
As far as rosie goes it's good that she has her own views and isn't afraid to voice them, it's also good that she seems to think in ways that sensible thinking people would (the 9/11 theory), her eyes are opened to the world and good for her for not being a brain dead sheep following a heard!

Once again you show your ignorance on the rest of the world. Not many of us are sheep are following blindly -- you just seem to think we all are.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
It was a joke. Rosie is a comedian. She will always be a comedian. Anyone who was upset by this just doesn't get it.
So just because she's a comedian she gets to say whatever she wants and no one is allowed to be offended? I don't think so.

Or is it because a white lesbian said it. If it had been Chris Rock that said it would it have been funny?
Oh the irony...

Maybe she would and maybe she wouldn't. For me it would depend on wheather or not it was made all in good fun or made to spite.
Maybe someone can honestly think that it's simply in good fun and it's still offensive. That's why, I repeat, the most offensive thing about it was her reaction to the criticism.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Once again you show your ignorance on the rest of the world. Not many of us are sheep are following blindly -- you just seem to think we all are.

I'm sorry if I wanted your opinion of me I would ask for it, try some constructive critisism of what I said instead of talking about someone who you know nothing about!