• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Raised

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
" But since there were several witnesses, "
Jesus did not die on the Cross in the first place, so there was no and could not be any eye-witness of the event, please, right?
Wrong. Jesus did die on the cross. That he did not die on the cross is just a myth.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I doubt if the resurrection was entirely physical because the physical body had been badly beaten and mutilated. But since there were several witnesses, I am sure it occurred in some way that it appeared to be physical. So Jesus probably appeared in some other body that looked just like his original body but probably was an apparition.
"there were several witnesses "

Not even one worth the name, but if one insists, then kindly name one of them, repeat one of them, and we will look into his witnessing, please, right?

Regards

Last edited:

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
1 Corinthians 15:3-8 "and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me."

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
1 Corinthians 15:3-8 "and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me."

The verses of " 1 Corinthians 15:3-8 " are not from (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, please, right?:
Holy Bible King James Version (Red Letter Edition)
The Roman Catholic Holy Bible with the words of Jesus in red.
World Messianic Bible
Why leave Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah and take guidance from Hellenist Paul who faked/forged a vision and self styled himself as an Apostle, please, right? Wasn't Paul a hoax, please, as he never was in the company of Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah, please, right??
Does one find faults with Yeshua and does not consider him worthy to quote from him for guidance , please? Right?

Regards

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
The verses of " 1 Corinthians 15:3-8 " are not from (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, please, right?:
Holy Bible King James Version (Red Letter Edition)
The Roman Catholic Holy Bible with the words of Jesus in red.
World Messianic Bible
Why leave Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah and take guidance from Hellenist Paul who faked/forged a vision and self styled himself as an Apostle, please, right? Wasn't Paul a hoax, please, as he never was in the company of Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah, please, right??
Does one find faults with Yeshua and does not consider him worthy to quote from him for guidance , please? Right?

Regards

Muffled

Jesus in me
Physical resurrection or Ascension of Jesus- the truthful Israelite Messiah, never took place, isn't it a misconception of the Christians people who have been mislead by the Hellenist Paul, please?

Regards
I believe you don't have shred of evidence to support that view.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I don't think it was physical, if it happened at all. What is important to me is his teachings while he was alive.

DNB

Christian
What does jesus' physical resurrection mean to you?
That there is hope that those who accept his purpose on the cross, will also be resurrected as he was.
If God was willing to raise Jesus, then there are grounds that He may also be willing to raise us too.
If Jesus wasn't raised, then I would believe that this life on earth is the only one that we have, and that would make both the future and the present feel very grim, indeed.

FredVB

Jesus has risen. No one answers how the tomb his body was lain in was empty days after the crucifixion. If it was not empty the claim that he had risen would have been disproved, many were around wanting to do that. That there were witnesses saying they had seen him risen appearing to them, who were martyred for their witness, makes a claim that those disciples had stolen his body and made their profession about him not believable. Lives were changed, it is far more believable that God raised him, as cowardly disciples were really changed, and just later was it seen many prophecies were fulfilled with Jesus and his death and resurrection.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus has risen. No one answers how the tomb his body was lain in was empty days after the crucifixion. If it was not empty the claim that he had risen would have been disproved, many were around wanting to do that.
It's mythology; a story, just like the stories of Narnia or Middle Earth.
That there were witnesses saying they had seen him risen appearing to them, who were martyred for their witness, makes a claim that those disciples had stolen his body and made their profession about him not believable. Lives were changed, it is far more believable that God raised him, as cowardly disciples were really changed, and just later was it seen many prophecies were fulfilled with Jesus and his death and resurrection.
Each Gospel gives a different account, and none of them have any supporting evidence.
Many religions revolve around mythology and folklore, Christianity is no exception. There are stories, by believers. Where are the third-party accounts? Where is the evidence? How is Christian mythology any more reliable than Mayan, Norse or Greek mythology?

Many doctrines change lives. Many are part of major religions. This is not evidence.
You claim a specific myth is believable, but offer no supporting evidence. "God raised Him?" Where is the evidence of that? Why is some magical act by an invisible being "far more believable?"