• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Raise Your Hand If You're A Flexisexual

blackout

Violet.
Do you suppose the fact that women are more prone toward homosexual experimentation than men are is a cultural thing or a biological thing?

I really don't know.

However, and just a distinction,
once a woman has "tried" kissing a girl,
and decided she liked it ;) ,
it is no longer experimentation.

It's simply kissing. :)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
You could say the same thing about sports cars.

My mom always used to say that people who drove sports cars,
drove them because they wanted attention.

All of them.

I could not convince her that some people who drove sports cars
drove them simply because they liked (driving) sports cars.:shrug:

Although what your mother said about sports cars is largely true, never did I imply that all or even a large portion homosexual and bisexual women were merely seeking attention. The fact is, however, that many girls will kiss other girls solely due to the risque trendiness of it, social pressure, for attention and popularity etc. Just like sports cars, or shoes, fashion, etc. People do **** if they think it makes them appear cool to others, or because they know men like it. These are the people who will purchase an album and listen solely to the one song that plays on the radio.

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
Although what your mother said about sports cars is largely true, never did I imply that all or even a large portion homosexual and bisexual women were merely seeking attention. The fact is, however, that many girls will kiss other girls solely due to the risque trendiness of it, social pressure, for attention and popularity etc. Just like sports cars, or shoes, fashion, etc. People do **** if they thing it makes them appear cool to others. These are the people who will purchase an album and listen solely to the one song that plays on the radio.

Yeah, our crossed, and thus slightly jumbled communication
began with my lack of clarity regarding what I meant by
"kind" of affection.

The issue is as you say,
the intent of the kisser.
Not the gender/s of the persons they kiss.

blackout

Violet.
Although what your mother said about sports cars is largely true, never did I imply that all or even a large portion homosexual and bisexual women were merely seeking attention. The fact is, however, that many girls will kiss other girls solely due to the risque trendiness of it, social pressure, for attention and popularity etc. Just like sports cars, or shoes, fashion, etc. People do **** if they thing it makes them appear cool to others, or because they know men like it. These are the people who will purchase an album and listen solely to the one song that plays on the radio.

I just read the bolded sentence again,
and wonder,
do you feel that women who really do enjoy the affection and sensuality
of kissing their female friends (with no desire to take it any further)
must necessarily be bisexual?

Or can a straight woman,
simply enjoy kissing.
A whole lot. :D

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Since our culture is heterosexual male dominated, the general attitude is female on female thing is popular and "accepted" (albeit in an objectifying way) and thus why it's more prominant in mainstream culture than male on male, which is hypocritically treated differently. Males stereotypically find female on female appealing, and girls realize this. And some girls who don't have genuine feelings for other girls still want a piece of that attention pie.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I just read the bolded sentence again,
and wonder,
do you feel that women who really do enjoy the affection and sensuality
of kissing their female friends (with no desire to take it any further)
must necessarily be bisexual?

Or can a straight woman,
simply enjoy kissing.
A whole lot. :D

How can you be sexually attracted to the same sex and still not be gay or at least bi?

blackout

Violet.
How can you be sexually attracted to the same sex and still not be gay or at least bi?

I find it very easy to believe that there are "otherwise straight" women,
who enjoy kissing other women, in a "yummy" kind of way,
without arousal to any "clothes off" kind of sexuality.

Kinda like enjoying a small glass of dessert liquor.
Without wanting the whole entree. :cover:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I find it very easy to believe that there are "otherwise straight" women,
who enjoy kissing other women, in a "yummy" kind of way,
without arousal to any "clothes off" kind of sexuality.

Kinda like enjoying a small glass of dessert liquor.
Without wanting the whole entree. :cover:

Well, there are varying degrees of bisexuality.

blackout

Violet.
Well, there are varying degrees of bisexuality.

In think though, in such a case as we've been discussing,
the degree of heterosexuality far outweighs the degree of bisexuality.

With kissing/handholding/hugging, being the only physical "bi" attributes.
None intimate or sexual enough to require the normal/average
social standards of sexual privacy.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I agree with Father Heathen that it's likely that some flexisexual girls are in it for the attention, and I agree with Ultra Violet that it's likely some flexisexual girls are in it for the pleasure.

But most of all, I agree with myself that my own view in this matter is the very best view of all the views that have been presented here. Because I'm that good. And because I'm the only one to refer to pig studies.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you suppose the fact that women are more prone toward homosexual experimentation than men are is a cultural thing or a biological thing?
I assume a bit of both, but I'm not sure.

Male humans like in many other speices tend to be more aggressive and competitive. They may have more psychological defenses up than females when it comes to same-sex sexuality.

But then culture is an extra layer on top of that, partially based on this biology and partially exaggerating it. I assume that fewer men than women have bi-curious leanings due to biology, and that even fewer of them act on it due to the culture. It varies a bit in cultures; in some cultures men greet each other with kisses.

Considering that sexuality between heterosexual and homosexual is a continuous spectrum rather than made up of discrete steps, where does one draw the line? How bi does someone have to be before they are considered bi?

If a woman is sort of attracted to other women, but much prefers men and does not really pursue a homosexual relationship, the term bisexual can be a bit misleading. Bi-curious or "flexisexual" (silly term, imo) would be a bit more precise.

blackout

Violet.
I do think "Pansexual" is probably the better term for someone who is
just generally open to less "normally, sociably" accepted forms of sexual behaviors,
and relations.

It is a kind of general term though.