• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rained Out

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Thunder means lightening. Ever been struck by lightening? I have been, twice.
I'll settle for wind and rain.

I haven't, thankfully. :) The most danger I've encountered was camping and having a tornado drop. It was at night, so I didn't get to see it. :(

Being struck twice is awfully rare. Being struck once is rare enough! Were you struck twice at once?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I haven't, thankfully. :) The most danger I've encountered was camping and having a tornado drop. It was at night, so I didn't get to see it. :(

Being struck twice is awfully rare. Being struck once is rare enough! Were you struck twice at once?
The lightening did nit actually strike my body.
When I lived in Indiana lightening came through the window and struck an object nearby.
When I lived in upstate NY lightening struck the car I was in. They say you are safe in a car but it is still very frightening.

Ever since that happened I have been afraid to be out when it is lightening. Once my husband and I had gone to Mt. Rainier on his motorcycle for a day trip and it started lightening so I was afraid to return home. A nice Jewish family saw me crying in the convenience store and invited us to spend the night at their house until the storm blew over.

Another time when I was riding my bike back from work, it started lightening really bad and I took cover under the eave at a Seventh Day Adventist Church. I was screaming loudly and people in the nearby neighborhood heard me and came to talk to me till the lightening ceased.

Oh, I just remembered another time when I was out walking in the neighborhood around where I work and lightening started. Again, I was freaking out and a man in a house invited me in and offered to give me a ride back to work. There are so many kind people in the world.

We rarely get lightening here in the lowlands, although it is more frequent in the mountains.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
The lightening did nit actually strike my body.
When I lived in Indiana lightening came through the window and struck an object nearby.
When I lived in upstate NY lightening struck the car I was in. They say you are safe in a car but it is still very frightening.

Ever since that happened I have been afraid to be out when it is lightening. Once my husband and I had gone to Mt. Rainier on his motorcycle for a day trip and it started lightening so i was afraid to return home. A nice Jewish family saw me crying in the convenience store and invited us to spend the night at their house until the storm blew over.

Another time when I was riding my bike back from work, it started lightening really bad and I took cover under the eave at a Seventh Day Adventist Church. I was screaming loudly and people in the nearby neighborhood heard me and came to talk to me till the lightening ceased.

Oh, I just remembered another time when I was out walking in the neighborhood around where I work and lightening started. Again, I was freaking out and a man in a house invited me in and offered to give me a ride back to work. There are so many kind people in the world.

We rarely get lightening here in the lowlands, although it is more frequent in the mountains.

I can understand why you're afraid of lightning, given your experiences. And I'm glad to hear you seem to stumble across the right people when you need them regarding this...

As a kid, I always worried about lightning hitting my car... that must have been quite an experience.

If it makes you feel any better, I am scared of Mt. Rainier, and I've never even been near it!

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I can understand why you're afraid of lightning, given your experiences. And I'm glad to hear you seem to stumble across the right people when you need them regarding this...

As a kid, I always worried about lightning hitting my car... that must have been quite an experience.

If it makes you feel any better, I am scared of Mt. Rainier, and I've never even been near it!

Huh! Guess where I'm camping near right now? :D

Attachments

• IMG_20210612_135345605_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210612_135345605_HDR.jpg
    793.8 KB · Views: 1