• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racist, or naw?

CruzNichaphor

Also, as they guy who thinks evidence isn't required before making grand sweeping claims...

You're not talking about me - and we've already addressed this.

Anecdotal evidence is evidence whether you like it or not; your refusal to acknowledge this exposes just how ignorant you actually are and how ridiculously far out of your depth you flounder.

FWIW, the blatant hypocrisy and defensiveness rather reinforces my point about having encountered your style of rhetoric before.

You almost sound like you're making a point. What does rhetoric have to do with anything as long a civilized discussion is being had? It's as if you've started throwing the phrase "style of rhetoric" around as if it somehow constitutes an argument in your favour; it doesn't. It's pseudo-intellectualism at its most bland.

You have intrigued me though; what exactly is my "style of rhetoric" according to you? I suppose if you're not going to make any viable arguments, you could at least be interesting whilst engaging with me.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
In reference to the writing on my dorm door, I patiently
set out to find out who did it. (matched the writing)

So of course, I confronted him, in a non confrontational way
it that makes sense. Others were present. He admitted
it right away, said he was very sorry, didnt know why
he did such a stupid thing.

I grew up with a very negative attitude toward the British,
and the Japanese. Both of those changed while I was at
U. A British professor, and I thought, what are you doing?
You've nothing against him. And so right away, I decided
I wont feel that way.

The Japanese did great harm to my family, and so
when I saw a Japanese girl in class, I decided to go
sit by her. And we are still friends! She is just the
nicest lady. She told me that her grandfather had
served in the Japanese army in China. We were
both crying and hugging eachother.

Those are my stories about racism.
OK. What's your point?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

Anecdotal evidence is evidence whether you like it or not; your refusal to acknowledge this exposes just how ignorant you actually are and how ridiculously far out of your depth you flounder.
Uh-huh. I have fairies at the bottom of my garden. I have anecdotal evidence. Do you take my claim seriously? https://study.com/academy/lesson/anecdotal-evidence-definition-examples.html
You almost sound like you're making a point. What does rhetoric have to do with anything as long a civilized discussion is being had? It's as if you've started throwing the phrase "style of rhetoric" around as if it somehow constitutes an argument in your favour; it doesn't. It's pseudo-intellectualism at its most bland.

You have intrigued me though; what exactly is my "style of rhetoric" according to you? I suppose if you're not going to make any viable arguments, you could at least be interesting whilst engaging with me.
Did I use a phrase you don't understand? our style of rhetoric is the way you make arguments and claims, and support them, and how you respond to the claims and arguments of others. It';s not "pseudo-intellectualism" it's basic pattern recognition. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetoric

Audie

Veteran Member

Your style of rhetoric is, among other things,
one that will soon get you warnings from the
modulators. Just sayin'.

CruzNichaphor

Uh-huh. I have fairies at the bottom of my garden. I have anecdotal evidence. Do you take my claim seriously? https://study.com/academy/lesson/anecdotal-evidence-definition-examples.html

LOL

That's a pathetically weak supposition if I've ever seen one.

Once again - I'll direct your attention our common law legal system.

Maybe try telling a judge some day that anecdotal evidence is completely worthless and see how you go.

And instead of referring to your little "study.com" website, maybe help yourself to an actual verified text book on Uniform Evidence Law.

You've got a lot to learn dude. I'm actually embarrassed for you.

Did I use a phrase you don't understand?

No you didn't. Not sure why you insist on passively trying to act as if I'm deficient in areas where I clearly am not.

I asked you what you believed my "style of rhetoric" actually was since you've brought it up several times now.

I never asked you what the definition of the term was.

Do you have terrible comprehension skills or were you just trying to save face by dodging, deflecting and hoping this back and forth just falls by the wayside?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I gave you a "funny" on your comment because I'm growing more and more accustom to this reaction. This is also the reason why my "Intersectionality" thread never materialized because Intersectionality is very much a moving target, as it is in flux and perpetual development. It was almost impossible to determine where to begin the discussion.

As you know, I think intersectionality is a blight, I hope you'll figure out how to start that discussion.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
It's a perfectly legitimate answer. Sorry you don't like it, but there it is. No deflection at all. I'm open to the possibility that I have made an unfair assumptions about your character, but after having this conversation for the last 20 years from both "sides", forgive me if I'm pretty confident about the types of people it attracts.

Also, as they guy who thinks evidence isn't required before making grand sweeping claims, I'd hold off on criticising the basis for other people's opinions, maybe? FWIW, the blatant hypocrisy and defensiveness rather reinforces my point about having encountered your style of rhetoric before. It's exactly the sort of thing I was expecting from you.

haha