• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racist, or naw?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Agreed.

Would you go on to say that:

The Brick Chucker who throws a brick at someone because of their race has committed a worse crime than:

The Brick Chucker who throws a brick at someone for anyone other reason?
Remember the Reginald Denny beating?

Don't tell me that wasn't racially motivated. You know? It's horrible tragic and sad but it happens.

People get whacked and mutilated for all sorts of reasons. Look at what's going on in South Africa when it comes to race.

The Dark Side of human nature.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-back-to-your-country/?utm_term=.b28731a7c428

An elderly Hispanic man was attacked with a brick and told to go back to mexico. Clearly a racist hate crime, correct?
Except that the perpetrator was a black woman; someone that many would claim can't be racist. How would they characterize this occurrence, especially without the 'privilege' factor? Do you suppose this crime "blue screened" the brains of SJWs?
Strawmanning SJWs aside, it seems pretty racist to me, sure.

CruzNichaphor

Remember the Reginald Denny beating?

Don't tell me that wasn't racially motivated. You know? It's horrible tragic and sad but it happens.

People get whacked and mutilated for all sorts of reasons. Look at what's going on in South Africa when it comes to race.

The Dark Side of human nature.

I never made the claim that crime is never racially motivated.

I asked why racially motivated crimes are should be aggravated simply because they are racially motivated.

You didn't even come close to answering my question.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I asked why racially motivated crimes are should be aggravated simply because they are racially motivated.

I probably didn't make things clear. I took it as aggravating individual crimes weither over race or what not to lay indirect blame on those who had nothing to do with the issue is counterproductive. Apologies if I misunderstood your comment.

Kangaroo Feathers

I'm fairly confident that if you're ever the victim of a racially motivated crime, you'll consider it more grievous than a similar crime with no racial component.

Audie

Veteran Member
I'm fairly confident that if you're ever the victim of a racially motivated crime, you'll consider it more grievous than a similar crime with no racial component.

I was assaulted by a caucasian who called me, well,
never mind what he said, it was racist. Racially motivated?
No. Target of opportunity.. I dont know how his motivation would make me feel
better or worse.

Earlier, in college, someone wrote CHINK on my dorm door.
Not a crime, but made me cry.

Kangaroo Feathers

I was assaulted by a caucasian who called me, well,
never mind what he said, it was racist. Racially motivated?
No. Target of opportunity.. I dont know how his motivation would make me feel
better or worse.

Earlier, in college, someone wrote CHINK on my dorm door.
Not a crime, but made me cry.
Pretty sure that would be considered a crime in plenty of places. Whether a prosecutable one is another matter.

Kangaroo Feathers

That's not an answer - it's a deflection.

It also reflects that you have no response.

I asked you a direct question; either answer it or don't bother responding to me.
It's a perfectly legitimate answer. Sorry you don't like it, but there it is. No deflection at all. I'm open to the possibility that I have made an unfair assumptions about your character, but after having this conversation for the last 20 years from both "sides", forgive me if I'm pretty confident about the types of people it attracts.

Also, as they guy who thinks evidence isn't required before making grand sweeping claims, I'd hold off on criticising the basis for other people's opinions, maybe? FWIW, the blatant hypocrisy and defensiveness rather reinforces my point about having encountered your style of rhetoric before. It's exactly the sort of thing I was expecting from you.

Audie

Veteran Member
Pretty sure that would be considered a crime in plenty of places. Whether a prosecutable one is another matter.

In reference to the writing on my dorm door, I patiently
set out to find out who did it. (matched the writing)

So of course, I confronted him, in a non confrontational way
it that makes sense. Others were present. He admitted
it right away, said he was very sorry, didnt know why
he did such a stupid thing.

I grew up with a very negative attitude toward the British,
and the Japanese. Both of those changed while I was at
U. A British professor, and I thought, what are you doing?
You've nothing against him. And so right away, I decided
I wont feel that way.

The Japanese did great harm to my family, and so
when I saw a Japanese girl in class, I decided to go
sit by her. And we are still friends! She is just the
nicest lady. She told me that her grandfather had
served in the Japanese army in China. We were
both crying and hugging eachother.

Those are my stories about racism.