• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quran Vs Bible in light of science

David M

The simplest version of the inflationary theory, an extension of the Big Bang theory, predicts that the density of the universe is very close to the critical density, and that the geometry of the universe is flat, like a sheet of paper. That is the result confirmed by the WMAP science.

map.gsfc.nasa.gov universe/uni_shape.html)

I will repeat my self here, having a flat geometry does not make the universe flat, the universe extends in all directions without spatial boundaries.

Read what NASA states and what the implications of a flat geometry are rather than making up rubbish because you have seen the words "flat" and "universe".

The biggest implication for the scientific accuracy of the Quran is that a flat universe will never be rolled up as the Quran says.

Islam432

Practicing Muslim
Unfortunately for the Quran science says there will be no cosmic crunch. Our universe will almost certainly end in heat death (which will be cold not hot).

Abstract
In a broad class of dark energy models, the universe may collapse within a finite time tc. Here
we study a representative model of dark energy with a linear potential, V (φ) = V0(1 + αφ). This
model is the simplest doomsday model, in which the universe collapses rather quickly after it stops
expanding. Observational data from type Ia supernovae (SNe Ia), cosmic microwave background
anisotropy (CMB), and large scale structure (LSS) are complementary in constraining dark energy
models. Using the new SN Ia data (Riess sample), the CMB data from WMAP, and the LSS data
from 2dF, we find that the collapse time of the universe is tc > ∼ 42 (24) gigayears from today at 68%
(95%) confidence.
PACS numbers: 98.80.Cq, 11.25.-w, 04.65.+e

Allah likens the end of universe roll up the heavens like a scroll rolled up for books ,
a scroll takes a long time to write (relatively) and once written it is rolled up very very quickly (relatively). This is what
these sceintists have found out in 2008 !!!

Islam432

Practicing Muslim
I will repeat my self here, having a flat geometry does not make the universe flat, the universe extends in all directions without spatial boundaries.

Read what NASA states and what the implications of a flat geometry are rather than making up rubbish because you have seen the words "flat" and "universe".

The biggest implication for the scientific accuracy of the Quran is that a flat universe will never be rolled up as the Quran says.

yes it will and i have read the complete thing....maybe you should post or quote from a credible source rather than making statements

"And there are among them illiterates, who know not the Book, but (see therein their own) desires, and they do nothing but conjecture. (The Noble Quran, 2:78)"

"Those who give partners (to God) will say: "If God had wished, we should not have given partners to Him nor would our fathers; nor should we have had any taboos." So did their ancestors argue falsely, until they tasted of Our wrath. Say: "Have ye any (certain) knowledge? If so, produce it before us. Ye follow nothing but conjecture: ye do nothing but lie." (The Noble Quran, 6:148)"

Last edited:

Islam432

Practicing Muslim
No, that is not what science says, there was no explosion of hot gases. Gases did not exist until long enough after the big bang that they could start to form.

A new star forming out of a cloud of gas and dust (nebula), which is one of the remnants of the "smoke" that was the origin of the whole universe. (The Space Atlas, Heather and Henbest, page 50)

Allah Almighty said: "Then He turned to the heaven when it was smoke...(The Noble Quran, 41:11)"

Islam432

Practicing Muslim
now coming again to cosmic church

The following article Cosmic Search Vol. 1, No. 4 - FORUM: John A. Wheeler, which contains an interview with a Scientist, Professor John Archibald Wheeler, who was a colleague of Albert Einstein, explains the Noble Verse above in good details.

Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him had also talked about the "Cosmic Crunch" Theory by predicting that the Sun around the time of the Cosmic Crunch's occurrence would rise from the West and set in the East due to a change in our orbit's rotation. Who knows, perhaps the "Cosmic Crunch" would cause the Earth to flip upside down, which would cause the sun to rise from the West and set in the East, or perhaps it would change the rotation of the sun and its planets all together:

Narrated Abu Dhar: "The Prophet asked me at sunset, 'Do you know where the sun goes (at the time of sunset)?' I replied, 'Allah and His Apostle know better.' He said, 'It goes (i.e. travels) till it prostrates Itself underneath the Throne and takes the permission to rise again, and it is permitted and then (a time will come when) it will be about to prostrate itself but its prostration will not be accepted, and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west. And that is the interpretation of the Statement of Allah: 'And the sun Runs its fixed course For a term (decreed). that is The Decree of (Allah) The Exalted in Might, The All-Knowing.' (36.38) (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Beginning of Creation, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 421)"

Narrated Abu Huraira: "Allah's Apostle said, 'The Hour will not be established........and till the sun rises from the West. So when the sun will rise and the people will see it (rising from the West) they will all believe (embrace Islam) but that will be the time when: (As Allah said,) 'No good will it do to a soul to believe then, if it believed not before, nor earned good (by deeds of righteousness) through its Faith.' (6.158) And the Hour will be established while two men spreading a garment in front of them but they will not be able to sell it, nor fold it up; and the Hour will be established when a man has milked his she-camel and has taken away the milk but he will not be able to drink it; and the Hour will be established before a man repairing a tank (for his livestock) is able to water (his animals) in it; and the Hour will be established when a person has raised a morsel (of food) to his mouth but will not be able to eat it.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Afflictions and the End of the World, Volume 9, Book 88, Number 237)"

"The Day ye shall see it, every mother giving suck shall forget her suckling-babe, and every pregnant female shall drop her load (unformed): thou shalt see mankind as in a drunken riot, yet not drunk: but dreadful will be the Wrath of God. (The Noble Quran, 22:2)"

Islam432

Practicing Muslim
And another Quran's miracle i found in Astrology

[Quran 055:037] "When the sky disintegrates, and turns rose colored like paint."

What Allah Almighty is Saying here is explosion in galaxies they form a rose-shaped explosion.

picture taken by NASA
FreeImageHosting.net Hosting Service

Last edited:

David M

How about I quote from your own NASA source.

The density of the universe also determines its geometry. If the density of the universe exceeds the critical density, then the geometry of space is closed and positively curved like the surface of a sphere. This implies that initially parallel photon paths converge slowly, eventually cross, and return back to their starting point (if the universe lasts long enough). If the density of the universe is less than the critical density, then the geometry of space is open, negatively curved like the surface of a saddle. If the density of the universe exactly equals the critical density, then the geometry of the universe is flat like a sheet of paper. Thus, there is a direct link between the geometry of the universe and its fate.

The simplest version of the inflationary theory, an extension of the Big Bang theory, predicts that the density of the universe is very close to the critical density, and that the geometry of the universe is flat, like a sheet of paper. That is the result confirmed by the WMAP science.

NASA are not saying that the universe itself if flat, but that its geometry is flat. Its not the same thing.

Wikipedia has an explanation of how this works.

Shape of the Universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

David M

[055:037] When the sky disintegrates, and turns rose colored like paint.

What Allah Almighty is Saying here is that when Galaxies explode, they form a rose-shaped explosion. He is also telling us that the Universe will all turn into exploded galaxies looking like roses when the Day of Judgment happens.

picture taken by NASA

That is a flat out distortion of the text, rose coloured in not rose shaped. This is another sign of the desparation of those who preach scientific accuracy in the quran.

Shame that galaxies do not explode in the first place as well. Stars do expode and they make many other shapes than roses. Try Supernova remnant Cassiopeoa A http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/nebula/supernova_remnant/pr2006030a/

Then theres the crab nebula, the horsehead nebula etc etc etc.

The Quran is wrong on this.

Last edited:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

[055:037] When the sky disintegrates, and turns rose colored like paint.

What Allah Almighty is Saying here is that when Galaxies explode, they form a rose-shaped explosion. He is also telling us that the Universe will all turn into exploded galaxies looking like roses when the Day of Judgment happens.

picture taken by NASA
A most impressive use of the Forer Effect.

Islam432

Practicing Muslim
How about I quote from your own NASA source.

NASA are not saying that the universe itself if flat, but that its geometry is flat. Its not the same thing.

Wikipedia has an explanation of how this works.

Shape of the Universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

no you dont get it do you

its like i am showing you a book in 3d

when you look it sideways it looks like rectangle shaped

when you look it from front it appears as flat

Measurements from WMAP
The WMAP spacecraft can measure the basic parameters of the Big Bang theory including the geometry of the universe. If the universe were open, the brightest microwave background fluctuations (or "spots") would be about half a degree across. If the universe were flat, the spots would be about 1 degree across. While if the universe were closed, the brightest spots would be about 1.5 degrees across.
Recent measurements (c. 2001) by a number of ground-based and balloon-based experiments, including MAT/TOCO, Boomerang, Maxima, and DASI, have shown that the brightest spots are about 1 degree across. Thus the universe was known to be flat to within about 15% accuracy prior to the WMAP results. WMAP has confirmed this result with very high accuracy and precision. We now know that the universe is flat with only a 2% margin of error.

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
islam432 said:
no you dont get it do you

its like i am showing you a book in 3d

when you look it sideways it looks like rectangle shaped

when you look it from front it appears as flat

Then you god has poor and limited spatial-temporal reasoning, worse than us mere mortal humans.

Islam432

Practicing Muslim
That is a flat out distortion of the text, rose coloured in not rose shaped. This is another sign of the desparation of those who preach scientific accuracy in the quran.

Shame that galaxies do not explode in the first place as well. Stars do expode and they make many other shapes than roses. Try Supernova remnant Cassiopeoa A HubbleSite - Picture Album: Supernova Remnant Cassiopeia A - December 2004

Then theres the crab nebula, the horsehead nebula etc etc etc.

The Quran is wrong on this.

yes my bad and but it isnt scientific mistake of Quran it was my mistake when describing it

it is explosion in galaxy

now for complete answer
Quran says
1- The day will come when our sky will look like a "rose colored like-paint" (55:37).

'rose coloured like paint' is same as coloured rose in the sky

2- The day will come when our Sun will "shrink and become a compressed and "condensed ball" (81:1).

white_dwarf_star_and_its_rosy_paint.jpg (image)

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
yes my bad and but it isnt scientific mistake of Quran it was my mistake when describing it
Look, why not just save yourself the time. Clearly, you do not know what you are talking about.

Riddle me this. If these arguments are so profound, why are eager Muslims not sending their hypotheses to learned scientists in the given fields? Why try to convince people on internet forums? Convince the scientists and, trust me, we WILL hear all about it. Heck, it would make the evening news and create endless spin-off stories covered, in depth, by journalists and reporters.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Still no NEW and reveling science from the Qu'ran?

All right, I'll cut you a break.

How about giving us ANY current scientific knowledge that is known to be the result of Qu'ranic study.

Islam432

Practicing Muslim
Will you guys give me cut me some slack , iam a university student , i barely find time to reply here , i never said iam a scholar of Islam , iam a just student of Islam and other religions and if i post something wrong against a fact , you can correct me , i don't mind

and iam thinking iam just wasting my time here , i cant spoon feed you guys here , i can write hundreds of pages explaining the verses of Quran but still the fact is

Most of the people i find here a belong to a certain society with certain mindset against muslims and they just dont wanna believe its the truth and I cant do anything about that

And for those people left who really want to know Islam
1) Read Quran ( not commentary on Quran by a critic)
2) If you want to know about a certain thing in Quran ( Read what scholors of Islam have to say about it) and for Scientific verses ( refer to physics book see if it matches and then again don't see what critic of islam writes about it)
3)If you agree then well and good but if you don't agree no problem

May Allah guide all of you

p.s For any question you message me , and in free time i will try to reply you

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
i cant spoon feed you guys here ,
Good.
Because I for one am not interested in learning how well versed you are with the Forer Effect.

Most of the people i find here a belong to a certain society with certain mindset against muslims and they just dont wanna believe its the truth and I cant do anything about that
Hey, justify your tail tucking retreat however you must.

And for those people left who really want to know Islam
1) Read Quran ( not commentary on Quran by a critic)
2) If you want to know about a certain thing in Quran ( Read what scholors of Islam have to say about it) and for Scientific verses ( refer to physics book see if it matches and then again don't see what critic of islam writes about it)
3)If you agree then well and good but if you don't agree no problem
I go to the Imam at the local Mosque and ask him.
He is no fan of the Forer Effect either.