• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Qu'ran: Did Jesus die?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It IS the word of God. It calls out to me, and I embrace it. I embrace it because the Prophet speaks or writes so I can hear or read.

God speaks to the Prophet. The Prophet speaks to me. I cannot perceive or recognize God otherwise.

I got what you mean, but sometimes you confuse me when you say "Mohammed said" while you refer to the Quran, because we usually say Mohammed said when we talk about the hadith, not the Quran so its weird to me that someone says Mohammed said when referring to the Quran "while he believe it to be the word of God".

Can you? You're being obtuse again--is it on purpose or just circumstantial?

No comment.

Popeyesays

I got what you mean, but sometimes you confuse me when you say "Mohammed said" while you refer to the Quran, because we usually say Mohammed said when we talk about the hadith, not the Quran so its weird to me that someone says Mohammed said when referring to the Quran "while he believe it to be the word of God".

No comment.

Above stipulations accepted. I do refer differently to it. It's probably because it isn't linguistic to me as using Arabic would be to you. I'd love to be able to read Arabic and Persian well enough to get along. Unfortunately, it's a new trick, and I am an old dog.

See, English allows me to speak fondly of dogs where Arabic does not appear to be so appropriate for doing so.

Regards,
Scott

Xbones

God speaks to you. What does he say? What language for that matter does he speak? And then why do we call God a he? Is it a mans voice or a womans, or something unknown? Those are a few questions I would like to ask.

Popeyesays

God speaks to you. What does he say? What language for that matter does he speak? And then why do we call God a he? Is it a mans voice or a womans, or something unknown? Those are a few questions I would like to ask.

Let's see:

Shakespeare speaks to me, always has since I was about twelve.

Wilfred Owens speaks to me, but he died in Flanders in 1918, thirty years before I was born.

God "speaks" to me, too--through the words of the Prophets.

Metaphor is very valuable as a tool of reason, try it some time.

Regards,
Scott

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Paul I know the painters I don't. Paul had the Paraclete whether the painters did or not I could not say without researching their lives and works.

There is no evidence that Paul had the "paraclete."

We only have his word that he "heard" the voice of Jesus.... He heard the voice of some one whom he never heard before or had ever seen.

We can't even be sure that the voice he heard was Jesus and not something sinister.
We can't even be sure he heard anything.

All we have is his word and that's not much........

Now you know why we have four gospels (books about Jesus) instead of just one. John was an eyewitness the other gospel writers were not.

Ok, so we have four gospels. None of them are consistent on the events. Was John present "EVERYWHERE" Jesus was? I don't think so.

We can't even be sure he was at the supposed crucifixion. Out of all the detailed information in the book of John it is not mentioned that he or any of the deciples were there at this event. In the book it is mentioned that he was pierced and that this was supposed to be a prophecy but the other gospels are silent. The whole breaking legs of the other two and the piercing of the side is only mentioned in John. The other three are silent. The other three are too slent for this to have been such an extraordinary event this centurion did or a supposed prophecy.

Muffled

Jesus in me

God speaks to me. What He says to me usually is personal.

God speaks all languages including some that aren't spoken on earth. He speaks to me in English so that I can understand Him.

Xbones

of Course Scott they "speak" to you but really what does that mean. Shakespear speaks to you , yes it was written and translated into a language that you understand,
Wilfred Owens, speaks to you as it must be in a language that you understand. And wait your point,,, God "speaks" to me... Yes the readings from translated novels and such you can say that you have read them, but not that they speak to you. That is a term that says I heard what they said. yes you may heard what they said but do you really speak Hebrew, and Aramaic?? Latin, Spanish, Korean, etc...

When God spoke to you or when God is speaking to you what language is he/she or it speaking? That is paramount to the question.

Metaphor... Yes that sums it up...

Maybe the lord doesn't speak to other countries. Maybe that's it... He/she/it likes the United States? Well not with George in office, not many like that, or at least not anymore, good luck.... in the election... I hope that we elect a person who thinks about the country and it's people.. One who cares about the middle class, one who makes it possible for those lonely underclass citizens making $150,000 a year, and make it possible for us to own a home. That is my dream...

Popeyesays

Nobody 'translates' Shakespeare, he wrote in English.

The writings of Baha`u'llah were originally in Arabic and Persian.

Language is a human necessity. I don't see your point.

Actually, I avoid sectarian politics. I am not a member of a political party, yet I have voted in every federal election, except for the 1976 election when I had to work from 7 AM to 7 PM and could not get to the polls.

By the way, I never voted for George W., in either election.

Regards,
Scott

Muffled

Jesus in me
of Course Scott they "speak" to you but really what does that mean. Shakespear speaks to you , yes it was written and translated into a language that you understand,
Wilfred Owens, speaks to you as it must be in a language that you understand. And wait your point,,, God "speaks" to me... Yes the readings from translated novels and such you can say that you have read them, but not that they speak to you. That is a term that says I heard what they said. yes you may heard what they said but do you really speak Hebrew, and Aramaic?? Latin, Spanish, Korean, etc...

When God spoke to you or when God is speaking to you what language is he/she or it speaking? That is paramount to the question.

Metaphor... Yes that sums it up...

Maybe the lord doesn't speak to other countries. Maybe that's it... He/she/it likes the United States? Well not with George in office, not many like that, or at least not anymore, good luck.... in the election... I hope that we elect a person who thinks about the country and it's people.. One who cares about the middle class, one who makes it possible for those lonely underclass citizens making $150,000 a year, and make it possible for us to own a home. That is my dream...

I've been reading Shakespeares plays about English kings and I defintiely use the translation to help me understand the old English.

When a written word carries a word from God that is called a "Rama." Otherwise what is happening is that the reader relates to what is written.

G.W. is God's man for this hour. I have no doubt that the next president will be a Democrat. This country has not repented it's murders of innocent children despite the 911 warning so we are again due to fall under His judgement. In addition we are heaping up the sin of homosexuality as a noxious fume for our incense offering to God. We might as well burn dung on our altars.

Popeyesays

Shakespeare did not write in "Old Englishe". Beowulf is written in old English, and can use a translation.

Shakespeare did not wirte in Middle English either, Canterbury Tales is written in Middle English.

Shakespeare isn't "translated" and does not need to be.

As to the rest, politics is not my concern--particularly partisan politics. I vote in general elections without fail since I missed the election of 1976 (had to work a twelve hour shift). But party politics is divisve in nature, and I do not play the game.

Regards,
Scott

yousaf

this verse doesn't say that jesus didn't die ,it says that he was not killed or crucified

is there any other verse in question ?

the belief of ahlus sunnah wal jamah is that as the quraan says it was made to appear as ife he was crucified in another verse it says that allah (swt) raised him up

so we believe he did not die

herushura

Jesus ( the Sun ) Was Dying ( Stopping) During the days of (Dec 22 - 23 - 24)
Then After Dec 24 on the Morning Jesus is Ressurected ( The Sun Rises)
Day now become Longer and Longer ( Time of Renewal )

Same Logic is applied to santa claus.