• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quran Burning

Sum1sGruj

Is it me or does this dude sound exactly like NewHope?

You have still yet to give us your definition of Scientific theory...without looking at dictionary.com

Omfg dude. Stop with the redundancy. I have fully exemplified scientific theory. You are the one who think it runs synonymous with fact, like a typical self-indulged atheist.

Be done with it.

Why don't you contribute something besides mundane crap for once?
It's not the debate that's making me lose my patience, it's this type of stuff. Get real.
I have somebody begging for a source to show my claims, and when I do,, he refuses to look at it and continues to ask the same question. And this..
Way to go, atheists.
Bravo.

I can see that you all are not used to dealing with an educated theist, as I'm sure these antics work on some others.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I can see that you all are not used to dealing with an educated theist, as I'm sure these antics work on some others.
A trick question for you, my young friend. Do you fully understand the theory of Quantum Mechanics? Do you fully understand M-Theory? Short, sharp and to the point. Yes or No.

Sum1sGruj

A trick question for you, my young friend. Do you fully understand the theory of Quantum Mechanics? Do you fully understand M-Theory? Short, sharp and to the point. Yes or No.

Yes. And well enough to know that it is quite stupid to bring it up in a creationist vs science debate. Even many physicists find it hogwash and does nothing to sway the argument.

As far as string theories/ M-theory goes.

As for quantum mechanics in general, even the Standard Model has to be adjusted to meet theoretical agreement. It's been an ongoing problem for a long time now, which is why things such as string theory arises.

Until the large and small scales of reality can be unified, it is pointless to even speak on it in this debate. My original point was that there is no realistic approach to how the universe came from nothing. At the very least, a charged quantum is needed as far of what we actually know of the universe.
There you have it. Dig into it if you will, you will only be running in circles.

Last edited:

RitalinO.D.

Omfg dude. Stop with the redundancy. I have fully exemplified scientific theory. You are the one who think it runs synonymous with fact, like a typical self-indulged atheist.

Be done with it.

Why don't you contribute something besides mundane crap for once?
It's not the debate that's making me lose my patience, it's this type of stuff. Get real.
I have somebody begging for a source to show my claims, and when I do,, he refuses to look at it and continues to ask the same question. And this..
Way to go, atheists.
Bravo.

Don't get mad, just define scientific theory for us. How can you expect anyone, including other theists to take you seriously if you can't even answer one simple question a 4th grader could?

Once you have done this, I will contribute further. Till then, you aren't worth the time.

Sum1sGruj

Don't get mad, just define scientific theory for us. How can you expect anyone, including other theists to take you seriously if you can't even answer one simple question a 4th grader could?

Once you have done this, I will contribute further. Till then, you aren't worth the time.

This insults my intelligence. Yet, it will amount to more than everything you have posted on the entire thread.

A scientific theory is a theory that can either introduce, unify, and/or challenge a given concept or concepts through exemplifying scientific laws in action while it explains a logical construct of phenomena.

Yes, I am quite the wordsmith. Now be done with it.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
:D Well done, grasshopper. You failed the questions. As I said earlier, I have followed theoretical physics for over three decades, which is considerably longer than you have been alive. Sorry, you cannot snow me with your uninformed bravado.

Sum1sGruj

:D Well done, grasshopper. You failed the questions. As I said earlier, I have followed theoretical physics for over three decades, which is considerably longer than you have been alive. Sorry, you cannot snow me with your uninformed bravado.

What, because you tried to disillusion that quantum mechanics is a compilation of theory rather than one unified idea? Or that M-theory is theory and yet it cannot be tested?
Or maybe.. because you think it takes 3 decades to understand something that is not very hard to understand?
Since you have followed it for 3 decades, you must know the string theories/M-theory to a tee if anything, as the seventies is where the concept almost completely died.
After all, the theories are very unconventional.

Either way, you have failed to do much except wordplay.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Either way, you have failed to do much except wordplay.
Hahahaha. Son, so far, I have merely toyed with you because I knew you were a charade from the get go.

BTW: What, exactly, does all this have to do with burning the Qur'an again?

So far, all you have managed to do is to make a fool of yourself. Bravo. Take a bow. :thud:

Sum1sGruj

Hahahaha. Son, so far, I have merely toyed with you because I knew you were a charade from the get go.

BTW: What, exactly, does all this have to do with burning the Qur'an again?

So far, all you have managed to do is to make a fool of yourself. Bravo. Take a bow. :thud:

Yeah, well all I see you doing is making favorable assumptions.
So I will take a bow to me being right, as you seem to not be able to say otherwise.

And for the record, it was the atheists on the thread that derailed the topic and turned into something else.

As knowledge comes with a certain amount of scrutiny, and surely if anyone has made a fool of themselves, it is certain other people on this thread. Take a looksee, challenge my statements, or be done with it.

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
This insults my intelligence. Yet, it will amount to more than everything you have posted on the entire thread.

A scientific theory is a theory that can either introduce, unify, and/or challenge a given concept or concepts through exemplifying scientific laws in action while it explains a logical construct of phenomena.

Yes, I am quite the wordsmith. Now be done with it.

You do know that you can't use a term to define that term, right? Oh, and where the heck did you get that definition?

Sum1sGruj

You do know that you can't use a term to define that term, right? Oh, and where the heck did you get that definition?

From me.

And it doesn't matter if I used a term to define a term, I'm not Webster.
I obviously know what it means. So lets move on//

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
From me. I do know what it means.

And it doesn't matter, I obviously know what it means. So lets move on//
Actually, it does matter. If you define a term in terms of itself, you haven't defined it at all.

Apparently not, since you are unable to express that definition. In general, it's best to use commonly accepted definitions--it facilitates communication. In science, a theory is a group of concepts and and rules that explain a given phenomenon or group of phenomena. A theory must conform with observed data; that is, there is nothing speculative about a scientific theory; it is as certain as any other scientific knowledge.

Sum1sGruj

Actually, it does matter. If you define a term in terms of itself, you haven't defined it at all.

Apparently not, since you are unable to express that definition. In general, it's best to use commonly accepted definitions--it facilitates communication. In science, a theory is a group of concepts and and rules that explain a given phenomenon or group of phenomena. A theory must conform with observed data; that is, there is nothing speculative about a scientific theory; it is as certain as any other scientific knowledge.

My definition fits the bill to a tee, and it came straight from this educated mind.
The funny thing is that you and others have not done anything but ask dangerous questions to see how I answer, and when I get it right I might as well have gotten it wrong because you people are ridiculous.

This is incredibly stupid. I am no longer wasting my time on this thread. This is the biggest heap of crap I have ever heard in my life. I even have people refusing to look at sources that they demanded of me and then asking me the same question? Are you kidding me?
Grow up. Grow up. Grow up.

Good-bye

Last edited:

St Giordano Bruno

I stated earlier on this thread words to the effect that even gently stepping on one with your foot could be construed as far more insulting to Islam then burning it in spite of the latter being far more destructive to the actual physical book. Just as well that paster did not think of doing that.

RitalinO.D.

My definition fits the bill to a tee, and it came straight from this educated mind.
The funny thing is that you and others have not done anything but ask dangerous questions to see how I answer, and when I get it right I might as well have gotten it wrong because you people are ridiculous.

This is incredibly stupid. I am no longer wasting my time on this thread. This is the biggest heap of crap I have ever heard in my life. I even have people refusing to look at sources that they demanded of me and then asking me the same question? Are you kidding me?
Grow up. Grow up. Grow up.

Good-bye

lol, you are quite narcissistic. The only problem is, not one single time in this entire thread, have you demonstrated anything other than sheer ignorance and delusion.

You are not the first person to pollute this forum with your tripe, and you most certainly wont be the last. I've met YEC's more reasonable than you.

Sum1sGruj

lol, you are quite narcissistic. The only problem is, not one single time in this entire thread, have you demonstrated anything other than sheer ignorance and delusion.

You are not the first person to pollute this forum with your tripe, and you most certainly wont be the last. I've met YEC's more reasonable than you.

See though, that is a white lie through and through.
I can see that most of the atheists on here are just full of it.

And to think you all have the nerve to say theists are in denial.

Last edited:

RitalinO.D.

Seriously, the proof is in the thread. I can say these things and be right. You just make yourself look like an idiot.

Yes of course. You hijacked a thread claiming crazyness for proofs of a God, without actually providing anything, all the while discrediting scientific theory that is based on actual observed evidence, and I'm the idiot.

People like you are the reason organized religion has lasted so long, not to mention the people that drive around the country preaching about the end of the world in six months.

I hear theres a church in Westboro thats lookin for members.

Sum1sGruj

Yes of course. You hijacked a thread claiming crazyness for proofs of a God, without actually providing anything, all the while discrediting scientific theory that is based on actual observed evidence, and I'm the idiot.

People like you are the reason organized religion has lasted so long, not to mention the people that drive around the country preaching about the end of the world in six months.

I hear theres a church in Westboro thats lookin for members.

I never hijacked the thread, it was you atheists- which is typical.

There are evidences for God, you all are just so absorbed into scientific theory that even if He came down Himself and smacked you, you'd probably still be sitting there holding your ears with your eyes shut humming.
Which is something I see you all doing while on these forums, because not even the simplest of things avail any of you.
It's absurd, and it's pointless to even spare a word for you all.