• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quote-of-the-day

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Like the bee gathering honey from the different flowers, the wise person accepts the essence of the different scriptures and sees only the good in all religions."

~ Gandhi

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

~ Herm Albright

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Of what use is a "great session" of meditation if it doesn't translate into improvement of our whole being, which can then place itself at the service of others? Once the seeds of patience, inner strength, serenity, love and compassion have come to maturity, it is to others that we must offer their fruit."

~ from "Happiness" by Matthieu Ricard

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Judge nothing, you will be happy. Forgive everything, you will be happier. Love everything, you will be happiest.”

~ Sri Chinmoy

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The Truth is far more all-encompassing than the mind could ever comprehend."

~ Eckhart Tolle from "The Power of Now".

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Until you have learned to be tolerant with those who do not always agree with you; until you have cultivated the habit of saying some kind word of those whom you do not admire; until you have formed the habit of looking for the good instead of the bad there is in others, you will be neither successful nor happy."

~ Napoleon Hill

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Change your thoughts if you wish to change your circumstances. Since you alone are responsible for your thoughts, only you can change them. You will want to change them when you realize that each thought creates according to its own nature."
Comes from this site -

Secrets of Lasting Happiness

Have a good one!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
One child asked, "Can you bend spoons with your mind?" Another asked, "Has God ever talked to you?" They were very disappointed when I said, "No." I went on to explain that for me a real true miracle is becoming a kind human being. If you have psychic powers but lack a kind heart, the powers are of no use. In fact, they could even be disadvantageous: people may get very upset if they find all their spoons have been bent!

~ Thubten Chodron

Comes from this site -

Practicing Buddhism in daily life

Have a good one!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Love is hard to do to peeple you don't perticularly like."

~ Deborah aged 10

Comes from a lovely little book called "The Little Book of Kids' talk" by Nanette Newman

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Kindness is one of the gentle expressions of love. We grow in grace when we become aware that one of God's gifts to us can be that we may share our loving kindness with all of creation. People all over the world are seeking peace of mind, solutions to everyday problems, better relationships with other people, and a more meaningful way of life. Surely we are aware of the room for improvement within ourselves and in our life. A healthy serving of loving kindness - both giving and receiving - could make a difference!"

~ John Marks Templeton

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?"

~ John Lennon