• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quote-of-the-day

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Life is like playing a violin solo in public, and learning the instrument as one goes on."

~ Samuel Butler

Viker

Häxan
"Everyone is interested in something." - Oberyn

"When I see what desire does to people - what it's done to this country - I'm very glad to have no part in it." - ‪Varys‬.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Seek and you will find. If you look for reasons to judge someone you will surely find them. If you look for reasons to love someone you will find them also."

~ Anon

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The beginning of wisdom is found in doubting; by doubting we come to the question, and by seeking we may come upon the truth."

~ Pierre Abelard from "1001 Pearls of Buddhist Wisdom"

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on all.
"The root of all virtue is righteousness - If this root remains all remains"
------------------A couplet from poem by Ahmadiyya Muslim Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) [second part is revelation]

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"God cannot be grasped by the mind. If he could be grasped he would not be God."

~ Evagrius of Pontus

That quote comes from a fabulous little book called "God: A Companion For Seekers" by David Schiller - I can highly recommend it!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Of what use is a "great session" of meditation if it doesn't translate into improvement of our whole being, which can then place itself at the service of others? Once the seeds of patience, inner strength, serenity, love and compassion have come to maturity, it is to others that we must offer their fruit."

That little sample comes from another book I highly recommend -

"Happiness" by Matthieu Ricard

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Well I've always said, There's nothing an agnostic can't do if he really doesn't know whether he believes in anything or not."

~ Monty Python

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Happiness is the natural result of cultivating a kind & compassionate attitude towards your fellow beings."

~ Anon

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Many people in this word are frustrated because they secretly yearn 2 experience their full potential but don't know how 2 go about it. That frustration creates all the problems that humanity faces."

~ Anon

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“The complexity of the simplest known type of cell is so great that it is impossible to accept that such an object could have been thrown together suddenly by some kind of freakish, vastly improbable, event. Such an occurrence would be indistinguishable from a miracle.”

~ Michael Denton