• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quote-of-the-day

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"God loves each of us completely & unconditionally & since i am made in the image & likeness of God I can do the same!"

~ Anon

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"I have noticed that we do tend 2 reserve our fondest thoghts 4 those who agree with us & who are most like us. I have found that spiritual practice can help generate kind thoughts towards all beings."

~ Anon

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The second commandment that Jesus referred to was not to love others instead of ourselves, but to love them as ourselves. Before we can love and serve others, we must love ourselves, even in our imperfection. If we don't embrace our own defects, we can't love others with their shortcomings."

~ Jim Warner

You may also like 2 make the following search:

Quotes love yourself

Have a good one!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Ooopsies! Forgot 2 post yesterday. So how about a double dose today ...

"People with opinions just go around bothering one another."

~ Buddha

“If we learn to open our hearts, anyone, including the people who drive us crazy, can be our teacher.”

~ Pema Chodron

I really recommend her book "When Things Fall Apart"!

Have a good one!

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on all:

"Our high delights are in our God"...[Ahmadiyya Muslim Promised Messiah (on whom be peace)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Practice non-judgmental awareness of yourself and others: Most people, including yourself, are doing the best they can with the resources they have in any particular moment. No one wakes up and says, “I think I’ll screw up my life today.” Give yourself, and others, a break.

~ Source Unknown

Which basically means I found the quote somewhere in cyberspace but forgot 2 record where :)

adi2d

Animals can be driven crazy by placing too many in too small a pen. Homo sapiens is the voluntarily does this to himself. R.A.H.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on all.
"What is the true light? It is the one which descends from heavens as satisfaction-giving Signs, and brings bliss and sanctification to hearts." ---- Ahmadiyya Muslim Promised Messiah Mahdi (on whom be peace)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a person can control his or her mind, he or she can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him or her."

~ The Buddha

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Compassion becomes the natural response once you understand how many people are frustrated because they are not experiencing all the happiness they can imagine."

~ Anon

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

~ Albert Einstein

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"I believe in Heaven & Hell. If you walk around filled with positive emotions that is Heaven. If you fill yourself with negativity your experience is going 2 be Hell."

~ Anon