• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quick questions (well not so quick)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Then you can discuss, criticize, etc whatever....

Atheists, if there was evidence for god's existence, would you change your mind to believe In him?

What are the benefits of evidence in god assuming there is evidence and how would you use these benefits (not consequences) to help you?

Also, if there were evidence and god was love different than how you first interpreted as an former atheist, say god of love would you believe and why?

This is assuming god Does exist not maybe and not kinda.

Please dont speak for atheists as a whole. If it doesnt apply to you, Letter B.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Atheists, if there was evidence for god's existence, would you change your mind to believe In him?
If it was good evidence, then probably.
What are the benefits of evidence in god assuming there is evidence and how would you use these benefits (not consequences) to help you?
I don't think I understand the question, but evidence itself does not inherently confer anything good nor bad. It's what is done with said evidence.
Also, if there were evidence and god was love different than how you first interpreted as an former atheist, say god of love would you believe and why?
This part is pretty incomprehensible.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Depends on the type and quality of the evidence. But I would use the same basic procedure I would use to judge the existence of, say, a planet around a distant star or the existence of a subatomic particle.

The 'benefit' of evidence is that evidence is used to show existence.

I'm not sure how to even parse this. Love is an emotion. It isn't some universal principle. It happens between your ears.

I never presume to speak for others.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
I'm not sure how to even parse this. Love is an emotion. It isn't some universal principle. It happens between your ears.
I think you mean in here.
images

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If it was good evidence, then probably.

I don't think I understand the question, but evidence itself does not inherently confer anything good nor bad. It's what is done with said evidence.

This part is pretty incomprehensible.

Haha thank you for answering.

How would knowing god exists benefit you?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Depends on the type and quality of the evidence. But I would use the same basic procedure I would use to judge the existence of, say, a planet around a distant star or the existence of a subatomic particle.

If the quality was good, would you believe? If so, how would you benefit? If not, why not?

Assuming you recieved perfect evidence you agree with

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
If the quality was good, wouod you believe? If so, how would you benefit? If not, why not?

Assuming you recieved perfect evidence you agree with

Sure, if the evidence was good I would believe.

The whole question of benefit seems strange in context. I don't believe because it is a benefit. I believe because I am convinced by the evidence.

What benefit would follow would depend on *which* God turns out to exist.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

The whole question of benefit seems strange in context. I don't believe because it is a benefit. I believe because I am convinced by the evidence.

Since I only know the abrahamic god (not jesus), I would ask how does evidence help if you dont see the benefit of having it?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Since I only know the abrahamic god (not jesus), I would ask how does evidence help if you dont see the benefit of having it?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I suppose I'd accept the reality of God if there was convincing evidence of God. Doesn't mean I'd like it. Depending on what God turns out to be. Doesn't mean anybody would like it.

Generally the "evidence" folks have for God is experiential. You have some experience with supports or convinces you of a god's existence.

I believe the subconscious mind is fully capable of creating such and experience so the experience is catered to you personally. An actual god maybe nothing like these experiential encounters. An actual god may turn out to be someone nobody likes.

What if god turns out the be the petty, jealous god of Abraham? Are you then going to worship him as he demands?

If there exists a god, I doubt it'll be the god of anyone's imaginings.

suncowiam

If God existed, then I would talk to him and not to all these other people suggesting God exists or they know Gods' plans.

I would kindly ask every one to shut the hell up and let me listen.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I suppose I'd accept the reality of God if there was convincing evidence of God. Doesn't mean I'd like it. Depending on what God turns out to be. Doesn't mean anybody would like it.

Generally the "evidence" folks have for God is experiential. You have some experience with supports or convinces you of a god's existence.

I believe the subconscious mind is fully capable of creating such and experience so the experience is catered to you personally. An actual god maybe nothing like these experiential encounters. An actual god may turn out to be someone nobody likes.

What if god turns out the be the petty, jealous god of Abraham? Are you then going to worship him as he demands?

If there exists a god, I doubt it'll be the god of anyone's imaginings.

For some reason an idea of an external god, christian wise is a mix between god of abraham and a roman god. Em.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The benefit of evidence is that it allows us to determine the truth. Past that, I don't see the relevance.

Something you decided automatically?

I experiences jesus. I know buddhism is the truth. I dont practice either anymore. Truth isnt reflected on bible, sutras, jesus, mind. Its deeper than an external view of god. I found this through the arts.

Was it a personal experience that singled out one truth? Do you see the other beliefs as lies?

Jeremiah Ames

There is ample evidence.